44. Why are wireless alarm systems...

Why are wireless alarm systems sensitive to Radio Frequency Interferences (RFI)?

House alarm wireless systems with theyre 10 milliWatt sensor transmitter power are ONLY allowed to operate on 434 MHz and/or 868 MHz. Those frequencies are provided for free general use, they are uncontrolled, unprotected against disturbances. Those frequencies are very crowded with all kind of non alarm purpose equipment. More, the very low power (

Reply to
-pull
Loading thread data ...

Yet again you are wrong.

868MHz has strict rules and is controlled. Read the appropriate documents and you will see that 868Mhz is treated completely different than 434MHz.

Tut tut. Lies again Paul.

Reply to
Roger

How can the 868MHz frequency be controlled, rulled yes but controlled? In what is it different from the 434MHz? In what official document dit you read that?

My reference is

formatting link
official info and yours?

Reply to
-pull

To sell an 868MHz product in the EU it has to conform to current standards. Those standards are controlled. The company I work for activley looks at

868MHz products and tests them to see if they fall foul of the usage rules. If they do they are reported and the equipment is usually removed from the market place. In this way it is controlled. Rulled AND controlled.

Do the work yourself. Get a copy of REC70-30. You will see that there are no band occupancy rules. There are for 868MHz and this is one of the reasons why 868MHz is a much better band for security equipment than 434MHz.

The ONLY official documents - REC70-03 (Europe) and IR2030 (UK).

If you actually bother to study the documents you will see that bands set aside for security equipment cannot be used for other non compatible equipment. For example audio. And there are strict band occupancy rules that are tested for at approval stages of product design.

On the subject of wireless jamming detection, why don't you get a copy of EN50131 and check out the class 1-4 jamming detection requirements. Again, for security equipment to pass EN50131 at any class it has to provide defined jamming detection and reporting. All an installer has to do is buy an approved wireless system to get a reliable wireless system. You get what you pay for. If you buy a product that doesn't meet any standards then you get what you deserve.

Paul, why do you bother to 'pretend' that you know what you are talking about?. Be subjective not stupid.

So, just to repeat myself once again, you are wrong as usual Paul.

Reply to
Roger

exasperating isn't he? it's like arguing with a 5 year old.

what's "rulled" mean anyway?

Reply to
Crash Gordon®

Sure Audio can cause RFI if you have a 500 gigawatt amp and 10 foot diameter speakers with 1/2 ton magnets and coils and your alarm reciever was mounted inside the speaker enclosure and the band was playing heavy metal music at volume level 11...maybe?

btw, Paulie is from planet Ork.

Ademco stuff will send a jamming attempt to CS too, if I remember correctly. Other stuff I've used does the same...although I've NEVER had a system jammed even operating within 100 yards of a commercial airport directly under the approach path.

I also get a kick out of when Paulie puts references on his posts...either they have nothing to do with his rants or its a link to the main page of a site that contains 1000 pages...like you're gonna go search for what he claims will back up his prattle. In the immortal words of Bugs..."What a maroon"!

Reply to
Crash Gordon®

TRUE, TRUE, true.

ONLY COMPATIBLE equipment can be used and that is why audio or pure transmitters generating RFI disturb the operation.

By the way, you don't need any alarm system, intruders are not allowed by law and ARE NOT COMPATIBLE with normal living style.

Reply to
-pull

what's "rulled" mean anyway?

Oh my god!. Now I'm starting to talk/write like him. Must stop :-)

Reply to
Roger

.... as already discussed earlier, jamming detection will warn the user (home/bussiness) that the panel is being jammed. In fact class 1&2 approvals require that the detectors themselves are required to detect and report jamming in some way, in addition to the panel.

So, if jamming takes place (either accidently or on purpose), the user is made aware of the fact. I know that not all panels incorporate jamming detection at present, however most of the newer ones that I have seen recently do include jamming detection and reporting (to the user and/or central station as programmed).

Audio causing RFI? What planet are you on?

eh?

Reply to
Roger

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.