WTB outdoor microphone for a DVR

I'm looking for an inexpensive microphone to hook up to a network DVR, any suggestions appreciated, David

Reply to
Noweldrecumbent
Loading thread data ...

No, cheap suggestions, however the Louroe stuff works really good. Bear in mind that there are legal implications, and the FBI if alerted to it have absolutely no sense of humor about it. Check with your attorney, blah, blah, blah...

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Reply to
Noweldrecumbent

Audio recording comes under the same federal law, regardless whether it is part of a CCTV system or an independent system. Most states have their own laws as well.

If you want to record speech legally everywhere, inform all persons being recorded in advance. There are exceptions, such as police department interrogation rooms where surreptitious recording is permitted. Several police and sheriff's department clients of ours use Louroe systems. Only one that I know of uses concealed microphones. The rest use the big, surface mounted PZM style mics.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Reply to
Noweldrecumbent

Sure thing. By the way, which brand recumbent?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

He has no brand, its a reconfigured standard bike turned into a recumbent

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Sounds interesting.

I'm about ready to start riding again. It's been a long time since I felt well enough even to try. First the RANS goes to the local cycle shop for a complete workup -- new chain, tires and mirror (broke one during a spill).

The plan is to start with short hops around the neighborhood. We live in a gated community so there's no traffic. Once I'm strong enough to go a few miles I think I'll join the local bike club.

I find it easier to stick with a regimen in a group. Several years ago I did that and gradually worked up to doing century rides. Right now it's tiring just walking a few blocks though.

Do you ride solo or with a club?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Reply to
Noweldrecumbent

Ouch! You're lucky to be alive, David. I got hit once but the car wasn't going very fast. I got away with a few scrapes and bruises. The driver was a teenage girl. She turned left against a red light as I was going straight.

There were lots of people present. Several got out and offered to help or call an ambulance. One guy handed me a business card, saying his brother/friend/whatever is a lawyer. :(

Where do you ride? Florida is notorious for aggressive motorists mashing cyclists.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

You are indeed lucky. I went down hard on a motorcycle in 2002. Side swiped a car coming head on. Broke my leg (compound fracture of the feemer), smashed my foot (almost every bone), broke two bones in my hand, and had a pulmonary contusion (bruised lungs). Five years later I am still nowhere near recovered to where I was before. Probably never will be.

The discomfort in my foot is constant and will never get better. My knee hurts about half the time. The biggy though was the bruised lungs. I don't think they recovered very well. My stamina is like crap. I can work hard and bust ass for about 4-6 hours total in a day. Before my accident I could swing with the big dogs for a solid ten hour day, and still be productive a little longer if I had to in order to get a job done.

Good luck with your recovery.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Bob La Londe Thou proud disdainful haggard. Though thing of no bowels, thou. Ye exclaimed:

Pair of f****ng pussies.

Reply to
Kadaitcha Man

Reply to
Noweldrecumbent2

In case you're not aware of it here's an online calendar of group rides in Ohio.:

formatting link

You heard right. One of the best cycling authors ever was killed here. I forgot her name but she wrote: "Miles From Nowhere" which is the story of her 'round the world cycling tour with her husband. It's a must read for days when it's too [whatever] to ride.

I may be wrong but it seems to me that the biggest danger WRT vehicle collisions is from cars turning into your path. I view cars at intersections and waiting in left turn lanes with great suspicion. They have a knack for waiting until the last minute and then suddenly pulling out in front of you.

Part of the problem in Florida is the place is "God's Waiting Room." We have lots of octogenarians driving around who barely even realize where they are, let alone what they're doing.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Hmmm

Obviously, you fit right in.

Reply to
Jim

LOL!!

Reply to
Clancy Wiggum

Reply to
Noweldrecumbent2

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.