Outdoor motion detection help

I'm looking for something that will provide dependable motion for triggering a DVR. It's for a 8 foot wide driveway beside a house. I forgot what I used to use, but I do remember having problems with them breaking down, whatever they were. Thanks in advance David

Reply to
Noweldrecumbent2
Loading thread data ...

You might want to look at The OD850 Series TriTech ® detectors are for use outdoors and in other harsh environments.

formatting link
?Country=us&CountryLanguage=en&ShowCat=ST_NA%2eProductCatalog%2elobT2399697547 Rokonet makes an outdoor detector too. One even has the camera built in. WatchOUT provides selective event recognition utilizing Sway Recognition Technology that uses 2 MW channels to recognize and exclude objects that sway, such as bushes and tree limbs.
formatting link

Reply to
Roland Moore

Those are good. I've used a number of the TriTech units back when they were still called Detection Systems (DS). They retail for about $120. For a high end, outdoor motion that's reasonable. I sell them online. Wholesale should be at least 25% less.

formatting link

I had some bad experiences with early Rokonet products. This was over 20 years ago. Perhaps they've improved since then, no?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I never use Rokonet. I pull them out when I see one (because I am there to fix a problem they've created). They false, have poor catch performance, and poor reliability. Other than that they're great. I am sure some folks here love them and will say I am committing blasphemy against Rokonet. If I can't say much good about the line, I can say that the factory rep is a nice guy.

formatting link

Reply to
Just Looking

The Rokonet 6000's looked like good units... They had a look-down zone and everything. A "snap" to install and walktest, but the strange thing about them was the fact that after about five minutes of no activity in the room, they'd "fall asleep". You could walk from one side of the room to the other and they wouldn't "blink". When you walked back, all of a sudden they'd "perk up". We replaced a bunch with Paradox units... Never bought Rokonet again.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Reply to
Noweldrecumbent

as well. Something to seriously consider, I wasn't

They (Paradox) make a model DG85 which I sell online. I've sold a few hundred of them with very few problems. They will false, however, if you aim them at moving foliage. Here's a link (my website) for additional info on them:

formatting link
If your problem is with vehicular traffic rather than people, consider using a driveway monitor. Cartell, Mier Products, Sure Action and Winland all make magnetometer-based detectors that can easily be integrated with your video recording system.

Optex makes a decent PIR-based, wireless outdoor motion detector called a Wireless 1000 that we've for the purpose.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

We've for what purpose??

Doug

Reply to
Doug

Cut him some slack. Those meds play havoc with more than just the hair on your head...

Reply to
Frank Olson

Reply to
Noweldrecumbent2

Reply to
Noweldrecumbent2

weave

| > -- | >

| > Regards, | > Robert L Bass | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

bob js

Reply to
Carl Carlson

Hmmmm

Bob and weave.

Sounds like steps in the Bassanova.

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.