CP-01

This thing's a PITA.

Clients HATE the exit beeping. I HATE the delayed signal...I get weird restorals with no alarm...it's STOOPID. Clients are confused because we don't call if they shutdown before the 30 sec. so they think we are idiots because we didn't get the signal.

I may just stop using the CP-01 option if this keeps up...let the Sheriff come get me, I'm not gonna lose clients over this.

Reply to
Crash Gordon
Loading thread data ...

CP-01 is really nothing new...they just gave it a shiny name.

I have used 15 second dialer delay, abort, cancel, on all accounts since the 1980's, and tell my customers what to expect...once they understand why the delay, then they seem more relaxed about it.

ADT goes as far as programming 30 second dialer delay, and making all zones entry exit...That is a bit much for my tastes.

It's like 911...Everytime the CS calls the customer to validate an obvious cancel signal, that operator could have responded faster to an actual alarm. Let's face it...time is money. The more your customers want to get called, the more money the CS will want for each of your nuisance accounts.

I also removed AC power failure reporting, but I still do low panel battery...removed transmitter low battery because of those customers to lazy to replace the transmitter batteries themselves.

I do monthly test signals on all residential accounts. For commercial accounts, it depends on their risk. Sandwich shop or pizza store gets a weekly test, gas station or computer store gets a daily test, with a GSM or IP backup.

I enable open/close in all commercial accounts that have event buffers, and pull up all activity when a problem arises.

Jim Rojas

Crash Gord> This thing's a PITA.

Reply to
Jim Rojas

You assume you will be able to disable it, almost all new panels you can't but if you use Honeywell you can get around the beeps and delayed signals although I don't see the problem with the weird restorals if you meant exit alarms and recent closings which can tell a lot about how an alarm happened

Reply to
Mark Leuck

You have to keep in mind that this thing was written to cut down on false alarms. It has absolutely nothing to do with with security.

I'll resist using many of it's "features" as long as I can.

Reply to
Jim

I'm still using the old panels, and will as long as I can get them. js

Reply to
Carl Carlson

DMP gives some choices to modify cp-01.

Honeywell so far is ok too.

Weird signals...like exit error but they diasarm before 30 sec (no signal) then half hour later they finally close the overhead doors so I get restorals on those zones but no alarms. Petty, but annoying.

| > Clients HATE the exit beeping. | > I HATE the delayed signal...I get weird restorals with no alarm...it's | > STOOPID. | > Clients are confused because we don't call if they shutdown before the

30 | > sec. so they think we are idiots because we didn't get the signal. | >

| > I may just stop using the CP-01 option if this keeps up...let the Sheriff | > come get me, I'm not gonna lose clients over this. | | You assume you will be able to disable it, almost all new panels you can't | but if you use Honeywell you can get around the beeps and delayed signals | although I don't see the problem with the weird restorals if you meant exit | alarms and recent closings which can tell a lot about how an alarm happened | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

CP01 is once agin a feature designed and promoted by those too lazy to do a proper install and proper customer training. so we all have to suffer. simple cancel code being programmed could stop many false dispatches exit error etc is useful for tracking down a problem in some cases and can be annoying. as well.

same old story those of us who purchase good equiptment do a pr>> This thing's a PITA.

Reply to
Nick Markowitz Jr.

OH yeah and I FORGOT this one...

Even if you have CP-01 features enabled and the digital signal to CS is delayed BUT you have Uplink (or any other) radio tripping off the siren voltage...guess what...yah...NO delay of sig to CS.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

RE: I dis-like enabling cancel / abort features and don't support them. A security system should be about security. I remember being in a class for Caddx when a colleague had said that if you enabled cancel / abort then someone with the customers arm/disarm code could break in and simply enter the code. Someone replied in a smart manner "If they had the code it would not matter whether or not cancel / abort was enabled anyways". But I disagree, who says that if they had the code the would also have a key, they would still probably not break in the entry/exit zones, instead they would break in a unconspicous area probably a non-entry/exit delay zone. Therefore without cancel / abort they could still disarm the system, but CS would still call to verify the alarm and they probably would not have the password.

Any Thoughts? I know its this very particular, but I still think its applicable.

Reply to
Beau Skeen

"Beau Skeen" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@w5g2000hsg.googlegroups.com...

I don't know about the USA,but here,most of the time burglar just hit the front door and use the delay to make a razia in the home and leave in less then 2 minute,they don't care about the noise cause for a better part of the year no one would hear a thing,all our windows and door are closed cause of the cold...

and the fact that we listen to Celine Dion at high level all the time doesn't help either ;-)

Reply to
Petem

I like the abort cancel code I have the CS follow up wth a call and still verify but at this point they can hold calling police unless it is some one who is not authorised. useful for buisnes with alot of in and outs

Reply to
Nick Markowitz Jr.

I always enable the abort sig. - we don't cancel dispatch if we receive it though..but it lets us know "someone" is there with a code (it may be the cleaning lady they fired 2 months ago) - it also helps with troubleshooting as well.

| > Even if you have CP-01 features enabled and the digital signal to CS is | > delayed BUT you have Uplink (or any other) radio tripping off the siren | > voltage...guess what...yah...NO delay of sig to CS. | >

30 | > | sec. so they think we are idiots because we didn't get the signal. | > | | > | I may just stop using the CP-01 option if this keeps up...let the Sheriff | > | come get me, I'm not gonna lose clients over this. | > | | > | | > | | > | | > | | | RE: I dis-like enabling cancel / abort features and don't support | them. A security system should be about security. I remember being in | a class for Caddx when a colleague had said that if you enabled | cancel / abort then someone with the customers arm/disarm code could | break in and simply enter the code. Someone replied in a smart manner | "If they had the code it would not matter whether or not cancel / | abort was enabled anyways". But I disagree, who says that if they had | the code the would also have a key, they would still probably not | break in the entry/exit zones, instead they would break in a | unconspicous area probably a non-entry/exit delay zone. Therefore | without cancel / abort they could still disarm the system, but CS | would still call to verify the alarm and they probably would not have | the password. | | Any Thoughts? | I know its this very particular, but I still think its applicable. |
Reply to
Crash Gordon

Tell the homeowner you've learned a new trick. Take a post it and carelessly stick it by the keypad and label it IMPORTANT! New alarm code - take this with you! Then write the duress code on it.

Reply to
Roland Moore

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.