Window Security Recommendations

"Robert L. Bass" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

I seen them. I know who and why the whole thing got started. I know who contacted Neely for information, who happens to be the ED of the AAF and not a state employee, to find out if you were a member and if not how to find out if you were licensed or not. Member support is one of Neely's jobs. Not to file complaints, but if asked a question by a member, he will answer it. After all he works for the membership. The call was directed to me because of my knowledge of who's who in the State. After a discussion about who you are and what your main focus is, the party dug further into your website, got a copy of your monitoring agreement and filed a complaint with the DBPR. That is where Reddinger came into play. I've known about it for awhile. Can't stop someone from persueing what they believe. Also seen your post accusing Mugford of instigating it. If in fact there would have been a problem arise out of your situation, as I have said before, it wouldn't go in front of Mugford or the Board he sits on. The ECLB does not handle unlicensed activity. I know he likes to bust your balls but that is all it is. Have to say you are wrong on thinking he instigated it and that you probably just assumed it. I am not saying he didn't know about it because I don't know if he did or didn't. He may have heard it from Reddinger because Reddinger investigates both licensed and unliensed people in his travels. I have worked with Reddinger personally on a couple of different occassions. If Reddinger was the one that actually came to your home, which would suprise me, and you showed him your archieves of posts from Mugford, if he was "aghast", believe me he was placating you. He has heard and seen it all with the sort of people he has to contend with during his investigations. If it didn't have anything to do with "unlicensed activity", he forgot it before his car was out of the driveway. If it was one of his investigators, it never even made the report. I don't know who all the plantiff may have contacted throughout his complaint but I do know the travel path of the complaint and which State's Attorney gave Reddinger the go ahead to persue it because she believed, and still believes, there is probable cause. I know her superior that knock it down because of the way the statute is worded (loosely) and that the complaint was to pointed. Being active legislatively, I know there is a rewrite of the Statute to get it up to speed with how business is being done these days but that will be a slow pains taking task. The governor, just this week, signed two bills into law that I have been working on for two years. Slow going. Did your situation go RL? Yep. But it didn't have anything to do with any posts or discussions from this NG or anyone that has ever posted here. Trust me.

Reply to
Bob Worthy
Loading thread data ...

I do too. The e-mails, al;ong with the false accusations of murder, etc., all came from this newsgroup. Some of the garbage they tried to use was also quoted from Sabodish's hate website. I showed the rest of it to the state investigator. It took him about 15 minutes to realize the complaint was bogus. It took even less for him to consider Mugford's behaviour totally inappropriate.

Toole, another pal of Mugford's.

Yes, I got that wrong at first.

I read his reply. It was a bald-faced lie. One of the nice things about these idiots is they can't help making up garbage. It made it easy for the investigator to see what a crock of jiminex they were pushing.

So now "member support" includes accusing non-members of murder? What kind of jackass did you guys elect?

Without even bothering to check that what he's saying is utter nonsense. Very nice. Next time you see him, tell him what a fool he played by quoting lies from Sabodish, Mugford and a few other jerks without checking first.

Do the job requirements include passing on malicious lies about non-members?

I saw the complaint. It was based on a deliberate misreading of the Florida statute. The complaint was dismissed because they presented no evidence of wrong doing -- only false accusations which did not stand up to the light of day.

They knew all along the law is on my side but decided to give it a shot anyway.

You're darned right he did. He's friends with everyone else that was involved and they cited the same false accusations he has made. I know you and he are friends but you really ought to open your eyes about this guy. He's a sneaky, conniving liar and he'd cut your throat (metaphorically, one hopes) in a minute if he thought it would gain him anything.

That isn't the point. He used his personal relationship with Toole and Neely to get them to do it for him. No way was he going to hang his name on it since he knows that would come out immediately.

Nothing I do requires a license. Mugford knows that. You know it. So did Toole and Neely but they went along with it on Mugsy's behalf.

Probably because he hasn't any himself.

Possibly.

I'm sure he sees some pretty disgusting jerks -- like those two idiots from upstate NY who they caught doing unlicensed roof repairs. He should expect the worst among those types. But a state board member is not supposed to act like a total jackass in public the way Mugford does. We're not supposed to have Mugs McGinnis presiding over the ECLB.

Uh-huh. In other words, the law doesn't require a license for what I do. It never did because that was not the intent of the legislature. They have no interest in regulating services provided out of state by third party vendors who are also located in other states. Their concern is regulating businesses which service and monitor alarms in Florida. I don't do that so I guess you could say that the "way the law is worded" exempts me. That was the conclusion of the person who investigated the phoney complaint. That was also the opinion of the SA in charge. Funny how things have a way of working out just right no matter what these [persons of questionable parentage] try to do.

Nonsense! The law is quite specific about what is and what is not regulated. The complaint was bogus from the start. Don't forget I have a verbartim copy of everything these slobs submitted.

There's nothing in the offing about regulating out-of-state activities, even those of business whose offices are located in Florida.

My "situation" didn't go RL. Mugford went RL, using his pals in the state association to try to cover his butt. If you believe otherwise you're kidding yourself.

Perhaps you didn't see the "evidence" these morons submitted. Included were several posts from this newsgroup.

I do but you're mistaken about Mugford. He's much worse than you think he is.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Wow!!! Is that how long it takes *your* monitoring company to respond?? I'd find a new one if I were you... ;-))

Reply to
Frank Olson

Monitronix is subbing out to Alarm Central? Wow!

Reply to
Robert L. Bass

If I wanted to discuss ugly heads I'd have mentioned you directly.

Reply to
Robert L. Bass

Naaa, we don't deal with the bottom feeders

Reply to
Mark Leuck

You seem a tad testy there, Pinky. It must be pissing you off that your attempt to instigate trouble between Worthy and Norm is going nowhere, andddddddddddddddddd that the State has your scam on the radar screen.

Reply to
no wires showing

$1.99 per month

2 lines (1 probably cocaine)

Wife chained to desk.......(Re-used cuffs from a previous felon arrest).

Bob, you surprise me.....How did you know how Mr. Bass ran his central station in Connecticut.

Norm Mugford

Reply to
Norm Mugford

non-members?

Just more lies Mr. Bass....... That nose of yours is growing.

The problem you have Mr. Bass is you know the investigator ignored your comments about me (if any) and everything else you lied to him about. He figured you out the minute he spoke to you.

Are we getting under your skin Mr. Bass......... Maybe you should change your coffee to de-cafe and stop putting them hamburgers down. You've already got the "Dicky -Do" award.

BTW..........I hope you have a good trip to South America. I'm looking forward to you leaving.

3 months of not having to put up with your BS. 3 months of trying to explain to your customers why you have no support..... and so on, and so on, and so on.

By the way...when will your web-site be moved to Brazil? Guess you're gonna operate out of the country, away from the US laws....and felonious convictions........and Florida licensing.......

We want to know Mr. Bass.......

Norm Mugford

Reply to
Norm Mugford

Slow down Robert, the e-mails did not come from this newsgroup. If the plantiff seen info from this newsgroup, just how many other lurkers have seen it. Toole has never posted here, at least for the couple of years I've been around.

Some of the garbage they tried to use was

I have seen it, as well as, other "supposed" pubic record posts. What I haven't seen, on your behalf, is any proof to off set these acquisations or heard of any legal actions you brought, against the posters for slander, defamation of character, damage to your business, etc. I really don't have an interest in whether they are true or not because it doesn't effect me one way or another. However, when something is left out there unchallanged, people will believe it to be true.

I showed the rest of it to the

First, it wasn't Reddinger was it? Secondly, it is not up to the investigator to decide whether the complaint was bogus or not. He may have an opinion, and if he shares that with you, shame on him, but he is not a State Attorney. He or she gathers information, period.

It took even less for him to consider Mugford's behaviour

Canadian now are we?

He may have an opinion but again I think it more placation.

Toole probably knows Mugford but their geographical locations hardly make them neighbors. If they see each other more that three or four times a year I would be suprised and that would only be at industry functions.

Making up garbage and passing on information that has been made public are two different things, Robert.

I will guarantee Neely did not go to this NG and find out anything about you or anyone else. The most he would have done is pass along info from e-mails gathered from inquires. Between Tampa and Ft Meyers, there are over a hundred member companies in your area that may know something about RBL and Robert, I must be honest, there are some that don't have the highest regard for you as I am sure there are some that don't have the highest regard for me. That comes with the territory but they have their opinions, and again that is their right.

What have you done to discredit the acquisations that these people are finding about you Robert? Are you going to just let the info hang out there unchallanged?

Did the State Attorney deliberately misread the Statute before she found probable cause and sent out the investigator?

The complaint was dismissed because they presented no evidence of

It was dismissed because the two attorneys could not agree on the particular part of the Statute. That was good for you.

The State Attorneys office doesn't have the time, money or man power to play games Robert. If they set up the case, someone believed in it pretty hard.

Believe what you want but no he didn't. It looks like Mugford is getting under your skin. Again, I know why Toole started this in the first place and it had nothing to do with Mugford. It had to do with...............well, you went RL with his address, etc. publically. I am sure you can contact him to find out why.

He's friends with everyone else that was

So because Mugford knows Toole and Neely, he is guilty? What's with that. The info is public Robert. Any ones grandchildren with a computer can see what is on the net. Right or Wrong. Challange it.

I know you

You have concluded all of this because of his involvement in this NG? He has gotten under your skin, Robert. You make it sound like you have known him personally for a long time and have had alot of business dealings with him. I have known him a long time and have had professional dealing with him for just as long. I fail to see what you are trying to convey. Does he have fun with you on this NG, maybe, but so does every other regular. I think the difference is that these others are long distance, hiding under pseudo names, have no threat to you or your business, etc. but possibly, and just possibly, in the back of your mind, you see Mugford or his position on the ECLB, which you have in the past stated you have no respect for, as a potential threat (not physically) whether he or the Board is or isn't. So you snarl at him the loudest. He's gotten to you. Just an observation.

Absolutely wrong.

No way was he going to hang his name on

I know all of the tea in China won't change your belief and if Mugford knows you think that, well then, he got you again, didn't he?.

Evidently, there is at least one State Attorney and one head investigator, that took it for probable cause, that believes otherwise. If it were not for one other attorney in the state, you may have needed an attorney to present your side. I am not judging, just stating the fact.

but they went along with it on Mugsy's behalf.

Wow... I guess Mugford is king and Toole and Neely are his pawns. You obviously give him more credit than you let on.

Not worth commenting on.....

We're not supposed

Why would you care? You don't fall under the ECLB. You might fall under the DBPR, but not the ECLB. That is were your whole thing falls apart. No matter how many time it has been said, Mugford has no jurisdiction over you or your business. He is no different than your next door neighbor. In this NG or anywhere else he is joe citizen and has all of the freedoms as anyone else. His comments to you weigh no more than yours to him. Because he holds a position on the Licensing Board gives you the right to throw tomatoes at him in public without getting them thrown back? C'mon. You know as well as I do, this place is nothing more that passing on some answers to those that asked, but mostly kicks and giggles. I will guarantee that if you were ever to be in front of him at the Board, which will never happen anyway, you would be treated with professionalism.

Evidently, there has been some debate at the state level over this. Maybe you'll get a law or rule named after you. Cool eh!

I am not going to debate this issue. The only thing I will say is, because I was around when this went down, that the writing and interpetation is not always what the intent was. Something like the "I can think , I just can't type" statement we've all seen here before. Mistakes can only be corrected as they are found.

They have

I will agree with you on this.

Their concern is regulating

Or provide "contract"ing services from the State of Florida.

I guess that is what was in guestion.

For now

That was

The complaint wasn't phoney. It was real or the investigator wouldn't have shown up at your door. As far as the conclusion, it wasn't his or her decission.

That

Not her's either.....it was her superior that decided that because of the grayness of that particular part of the Statute, they weren't going to spend the money to persue it.

Funny how things have a way of

Yeah, I guess the investigators figure...win some.....loose some

I would hope so. It is your right. But don't think the state trashed your file. That is one thing about these situations. It is like toilet paper on your shoe. You don't realize its there but everyone else sees it and they are able to judge for themselves how it got there.

You weren't watching the legistative session very close this year by making that statement Robert. There was a bill in the Senate and a companion bill in the House addressing that exact situation. The bill was sponsored by a Senator that happens to be in your area as a matter of fact. If you would like, I'll will get you the senate and house bill numbers so you can look them up. They'll make you nervous. The good news for you, this year, is that they were killed due to the fact that NECA (National Electrical Contractors Association) attached their journeyman requirement language to the bill. The bill was killed because this government is not union friendly. I am sure we will see the Senator's bill again next year. Evidently it is a bigger problem than just RBL and in many different trades. Florida doesn't want to be known as a safe haven.You go'in to blame Mugford for this one too?

I don't just believe otherwise, I know otherwise. I am the one in personal contact with these people. I have nothing better to do than be in personal contact with people all over the State. Not only for this business but for our other business, as well. I know what people are doing. Knowledge is power, assumptions are just that.

They may have been included in the complaint to try to outline character, but was not the reason that Toole came after you.

Well, I know him, his position (which I was one that recommended him and three others to the Governor for appointment, and after investigation, two of the four were appointed to the two available Board seats), his business, his wife, his kids, and some of his employees. If you got to know him outside the NG, you may not have the same opinion you tote know, but to each their own.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

Now forgive me if I'm wrong, First Alert is a tampon, is it not? Maybe I've been under a rock all this time. Forgive me if I'm wrong. Please forgive me.

Reply to
Sue Odom

I know. You hire them instead.

Reply to
Robert L. Bass

The reason I never sued Sabodish is he has no assets. It would be a waste of time and money. As for Mugford, you never know.

Don't recall. I lost his card. Why don't you ask him?

True, but his report carries great weight. When he spoke to me he said that he had found no evidence of wrong-doing on my part and that his report would reflect that.

Yep, and the State's Attorney reads his report and makes a decision whether to go forward based mostly on that. Baseless accusations from a bunch of jerks who spend their time posting trash in Usenet are not evidence.

Naah, just a bad typist. :^)

And that would be your opinion. Then again, you weren't there. FTR, I didn't show him "my" archive. I gave him a couple of links and let him see for himself what a jackass Mugford is.

I didn't say they were neighbors. They've known each other for years through the association.

Golfing, trips to the capitol, ISC shows, CEDIA conferences, after-hours parties at every one of the above...

Indeed. For example, they told Reddinger I had commited murder. Like I said, the complaint was laced with bald-faced lies.

I don't give a rat's jiminex where he went. He passed on an accusation that he heard from Mugford -- the same lie Mugford posted here more than once.

None of whom have ever met me. You're doing your level best to convince yourslef that it wasn't your pal, Mugford. You're wrong, Bob. It was him.

Finding? These jackasses didn't "find" accusations. Mugford lied. PLain and simple.

You expect me to take a half dozen morons to court for posting garbage in Usenet?

Actually, she said that they would investigate *even though* there was no indication of wrong-doing outside the accusations of Mugford's pal, Toole. The investigator examined my company and found I was telling the truth. I don't do anything that requires a license. The case was dismissed by the state attorney's office for lack of evidence.

Bullshit!

I was referring to Mugford's pals, Toole & Neely.

More likely some member of the ECLB gave someone a phone call and asked for a favor.

He tried to destroy my business as a favor for his jackass pal on the ECLB. You're damn right I posted his address. He deserves to be embarassed and a heck of a lot more.

Because Mugford posted the exact same lie, because Toole quoted from the same hate website that Mugford contributed to, because Mugford told me to my face at the EH Expo that there was an ongoing investigation **before** there was any public record of it, he's guilty.

The only way to challenge it is to take several of these vermin to court. I don't care to do so. If you believe that somehow validates the crap these idiots post, you're not as intelligent as I thought.

Before he started all the crap he told me about some nasty things he did to a competitor using his clout on the board. The lies he has posted here only cemented my opinion of him. The guy is scum.

You *assume* so but then you're his friend.

Nope. None of the above.

No need. The licensing law is already on the books and it specifically excludes what I do.

Wrong. The law concerns work performed in the state or for persons and strucvtures located within the state. It says nothing about contracts performed out of state by and for entities located outside the state. If they tried to regulate such contracts the federal courts would toss the law out. Interstate commerce falls within the pervue of the federal government.

Bullshit!

His conclusion, which was the only real evidence presented to the SA, was that there's nothing illegal in my business, that I don't require a license. The SA's office discussed it and decided he was right (and so am I) and that was the end of it. Try all you want to turn that around.

Oh, come off it, Bob. There's no "grayness" in the law. It says quite clearly that "monitoring" is defined as services performed for alarms located in Florida. That's not gray. It's black and white, plain as day.

"Lose" not loose.

Sure. That would make interesting reading.

Not likely. Monitoring isn't a major profit center. It takes too much time doing the billing for the return. I've already decided not to continue offering it so even if ever they pass such a law it won't affect me.

They won't license those who sell parts online. That would require them to license every Radio Shack, Home Depot, Loews and Ace Hardware employee in the state, not to mention every online dealer who sells parts to Floridians from every other state.

By the time the legislature gets around to completely destroying the business environment of Florida, I'll be long since retired sipping caipirinhas on the beach in Brazil. :^)

Let's see. First it had nothing to do with posts in the newsgroup. Now it might have been included in the complaint. Do you read what you type?

It figures you'd defend him.

No thanks. He's not the kind of person I want around me or my family.

So far what I've seen of him is a propensity to lie through his teeth, a willingness to use his influence to hurt a competitor. He hasn't a scintilla of ethical prudence. I'd sooner get to know Attila the Hun.

Reply to
Robert L. Bass

Uh oh........ Looks like the Bass "Bob Worthy is a respected member" train is at the end of the line.

How much longer before you start attacking Bob Worthy, Pinky? Worthy knows you're a bullshit artist, and you're pissed because he didn't support your false claims. Last week you thought Worthy was the greatest thing since sliced bread, but now that he disagrees with you will you start attacking him? I know you were biting the old tubby tongue when you typed your response, but history says you're going to implode any day now. It's impossible for you to keep your nastiness inside. You're about to burst. C'mon Bass, don't make us wait. We know it's going to happen anyway. Avoid the Xmas rush and start posting how after further investigation you found out that Bob Worthy is the ASA mole. Tick tick tick tick tick...............time is running out. Can't hold the flood of hatred back any longer can you?

Reply to
no wires showing

I believe you're thinking about First Response, and they make pregnancy kits.

Reply to
no wires showing

One meeting with Jack and you switch topics from alarms to pregnancy testing.

Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

I have that effect on women.

js Women want me, Fish fear me.

Reply to
alarman

Reply to
Sue Odom

Neither one of you have anything of real worth...

So... is this "report" a matter of public record?? You have a copy of it?? Does it back up what you say or are you "interpreting" it's content in your own peculiar way??

Uh-huh... How much "trash" have *you* posted in Usenet, Robert?? Are you familiar with the phrase "pot, kettle, black"??

Rats!! I thought you'd come to your senses and decided to use real English!! ;-))

Did you show him a few "links" from stuff you posted as well?? Did you tell him how completely innocent you were of any such behaviour and that these attacks on you in Usenet are baseless?? That all you're trying to do is "help" people install alarm systems, laying out, designing and selling components?? That in the course of doing such you come under attack from "big bad alarm companies" that quiver in fear of your business model??

I've known you for years as well... I wouldn't consider you a "pal", though...

I'll bet they talk about you all the time too... ;-)

Hmmm... so was your complaint to Graham's employer... I would imagine it's not pleasant having the tables turned on you like that... not that I believe anything you've stated here. Besides... you can "sugar coat" what happened when you killed that young woman all you want... You were in control of a vehicle when you weren't fully in control of yourself. The responsibility for her death rests squarely on your shoulders. Playing "Russian Roulette" with her would have had the exact same consequences (her death) and been just as irresponsible a use for a gun... Murder: "1. The unlawful killing of one human being by another, especially with malice aforethought; 3. To kill (one or more human beings) brutally or inhumanly;

1. To destroy or put an end to". I'd say you "murdered" this young woman's family's hopes and dreams for her. I'd say killing someone in an automobile accident is a pretty brutal way to do it. "Murder" fits your crime. The fact that you weren't legally punished for it is a gross oversight on the part of the responding authorities.

Do I hear violins playing??

He has gotten under your skin...

You can't "find" much out about me either... Or Jim (Alarminex)... yet you call us both "liars"... Interesting... There's solid proof that you lie on Google... There's evidence that you've posted false complaints to competitor's websites, gone "real life" with people that you don't like or who don't support your particular "mantra"...

You can't "challenge" the garbage you've posted on Usenet yourself. Baseless accusations, lies, innuendo (some of it twisted and perverted)... Any legal challenge you'd make in a court of law wouldn't survive close scrutiny of your own behaviour...

All of which you can prove, right?? Bob's version of this whole thing is completely erroneous, right??

Heh.... right...

Oh?? You've told Bob you'd removed a Brinks panel and even went so far as to describe the telephone connection... I'd say that qualifies as "unlicensed activity" there Robert... Do you sell security products to people in Florida?? Do you "design, layout, and service" that equipment??

You need some help, there Robert. This "persecution complex" has taken over your life...

You mean like Graham?? What "dirt" are you going to invent here?? I'm looking forward to seeing it...

What "lie" was that??

If you think for one minute (and you know this to be true), people have very little say as to what Mike posts on his Goofy website.

Except Leuck of course. :-))

Guilty of what??

Ah... but taking the "vermin" to court would mean exposing yourself as well... That's definitely not a pretty picture...

Uh-huh... and it looks to me that the lies you've posted here has pretty well cemented the opinions of several others here about you...

You *assume* a lot of things... including that Worthy and Mugford are "friends"...

I still have my doubts... Your admitting to Rob that you'd removed a Brinks panel only recently sort of flies in the face of everything you've said about *not* engaging in service work that *requires* a license.

Yep. It sure does. It *excludes* you from performing service which you've admitted you've done.

That's "structures".

Including removing professionally installed alarm equipment...

Actually, the way the law reads it doesn't differentiate between work performed in or out-of-state. It clearly states that if you're involved in "layout, design, and service" you must be licensed.

In *your* opinion... But then we know your opinion doesn't count for much.

He's certainly not "trying" anything of the sort. I think his explanation of how things went down is a good deal more accurate than the "spin" you've placed on the matter...

There's a lot of "grayness" in the law. You've pointed out examples yourself...

Uh-huh... Sold any "surveilance" systems lately??

I'd be interested in seeing that too...

Translation: Robert's had to rethink the way his business model is running... (in circles)...

Check.

Only those that provide "layout, design, and service"...

The sooner you're retired from this industry, the better...

I'm sure he does. It's what he said that went right over your head.

It figures you'd post your own "interpretation" of what happened here, and include Norm in further personal attacks...

That's funny... I think a lot of people here feel the same way about you...

Hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaha!!!

"Pot, kettle, black!!"

Reply to
Frank Olson

I've heard he tends to have that effect on women... :-))

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.