Window Security Recommendations

I'm looking for a wireless window alarm for my basement. I've seen the First Alert commercials. I think that is the type of alarm I'm looking for. Those seem to work pretty good on TV. Are there any brands that are recommended?

Thanks, BMW

Reply to
bmw
Loading thread data ...

The only place those will work well is on TV

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Uh, yeah, I think Mark knows that.

I believe the OP is referring to those lick and stick noisemakers that mount next to the window, and you shut off with a slide switch on the unit itself. Now THAT'S real security. js

Reply to
alarman

Mark first alert panel are the same thing as ademco panel..

from what I recall you don't dislike those?

"Mark Leuck" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Reply to
petem

He's not talking about those panels, he's talking about the cheapie door sensors with a built-in piezo

Reply to
Mark Leuck

First Alert panels are made by Ademco? wha???

Reply to
Mark Leuck

You bet it is!!! The onliest kind we installate!! ;-))

Reply to
Frank Olson

you mean the ones that are 3 for 9 bucks on TV....order now and we'll double your purchase !!??

Reply to
Crash Gordon®

Can you monitor those by pager?

Reply to
Crash Gordon®

Hi BMW, and welcome to planet Earth. Since you're new here I'll be glad to show you around. Our first stop would be at the Department of Mental Retardation where they will serve you a nice fruit drink, and ask you some harmless questions. After that we will give you flying lessons. You just go to the roof of the Sears Tower, jump off, and flap your arms. It's a terrific mode of transportation. It's top-shelf like the alarm system you're inquiring about.

Honestly, are you a f****ng moron? Wait, don't answer that.... I wouldn't want to take you away from your set it and forget it dinner.

Reply to
no wires showing

Donno. I just saw a pack of 4 for $10 at Comp USA. They look even cheesier than on TV. js

Reply to
alarman

They are indeed cheeeesssy..the plastic looks like it was recycled. They are loud though!

Reply to
Crash Gordon®

Sure and you can do it in several easy steps

1. Stick the sensor on a door
  2. Below it have a REAL sensor hooked to an alarm panel that supports paging such as the DSC 1555 or Vista-15P
  3. When the door opens the FA sensor sounds its peizo and the REAL sensor sends the panel into a alarm

5.The panel pages

Reply to
Mark Leuck

$10 bux? still overpriced

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Bestust sickoority out thar next to a 9mm Glock... :-))

Reply to
Frank Olson

1. Half an hour later the central station calls the premises...
Reply to
Robert L. Bass

Well thats only if we use the same central station you do

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Ahh the ole "I've heard of" disclaimer rears it's ugly head again

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Cmon Robert.....if some sort of diasterous weather is pounding an area, I can understand a central having numerous alarms holding but that is the exception and not the rule. Now if one is dealing with one of these down and dirtys they find on the net for $X.XX per month, located God knows where, who only have one or two phone lines coming in with their wife chained to the desk out in the garage, you may have a point because you get what you pay for.

Bob4Secur

Reply to
Bob Worthy

If it's a responsible CS, that's certainly true.

I don't know of any small station like that but I have heard of numerous complaints about major companies taking not just 30 minutes but sometimes over an hour to respond. I also know of several cases where Sonitrash totally ignored actual emergencies. I know of several discount monitoring stations that offer services directly to the public at about 1/2 to 1/4 what many dealers charge. So far I haven't seen any reports of poor service from these firms. Only time will tell.

BTW, now that I've got your attention, did you not receive several e-mails involving Toole, Neely, Reddinger, et al regarding me? I already know the answer (I have exact copies of each of the e-mail messages) but some idiots here have denied this RL attack took place.

Reply to
Robert L. Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.