Wide angle IR illuminator NP1004

I have a Panasonic NP1004 IP camera outside my house, and looking for a decent illuminator (must be efficient, presumably LED). Camera has viewing angle of 95 degrees. Must illuminate up to around 50-60 feet. I'm assuming this will cost around $500-600, but I'm looking for a recommendation.

Thanks

Dean

Reply to
DeanB
Loading thread data ...

Extreme CCTV makes some nice illuminators.

formatting link
They're expensive though. It's not so much the distance you want to "see" but the "field of view". Pace that out in the daytime and you can determine your requirements for illumination from that. I'm not sure what your application is, but a cheap flood light motion sensor would probably serve you well.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Hi Frank - Is 95 degrees not the field of view?

Reply to
DeanB

formatting link
have used these with good results\\

Reply to
brent

Not exactly. In most CCTV apps, you're pointing the camera at a specific scene. You may not want to view the entire area. For instance, in a parking garage ramp you might want to view the area around the enterphone so that people living in the apartment can actually see who they're "buzzing in". You might also want to see more details on their vehicle as well. The field of view is that area of the ground that would provide the best compromise to see both with a single camera. Placement of the unit is critical as is the lens selection if you want the best bang for your buck. If that includes an illuminator, you also want to take full advantage of what the camera's looking at.

Reply to
Frank Olson

illuminators.http://www.extremecctv.com/home.phpThey're expensive though. It's not

quoted text -

I guess 60 degrees would be ok then. Its pointing at the driveway and front entrance outside my house. I would want to illuminate most of that area to keep an eye everything.

What decides if I should use 920nm or 850nm?

Reply to
DeanB

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.