What's all this noise about GSM reporting

Hi ,

I dont know if I am late to notice this. Can anyone tell me about this new GSM reporting service. So far googling could get me DSC's alarm communicator , Alarmnet , Telgaurd. One of my customer has a VOIP and wants to use GSM reporting as backup.

Before I go for any of these company can anyone please tell me best service provider and what GSM/radio should I go for.

Regards, Neo

Reply to
Neo
Loading thread data ...

Where ya been for the last 3 or so years?

Which system you choose will partially depend on what panel you're using, how much your client wants to spend, and do you have accounts with service provider already?

Reply to
Crash Gordon

what panel you using?

Reply to
Group Host

GSM? Is that like Contact ID?

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Not in security industry.I Just started off

Would do like ademco vista 20p. No accounts yet with any service provider.

any thoughts please

Reply to
Neo

Ademco GSM then...easy peasy. You have to get set up with Alarmnet...my CS did that intitial part for me.

Oh, the 20P has to be a certain revision, so if it's an older system you need to double check that first. Sorry, can't remember the threshold rev. off-hand.

So basically, you'll need a wholesale account with ADI to buy the Honeywell/Ademco GSM, you'll need an account with a CS and one with Alarmnet.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

No any 20P or SE can use the GSM, it's control from the Internet that requires the 15/20P v5 and above

Reply to
Mark Leuck

oh yeah..that was the issue now i remember. thanks.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.