Warning: Stay away from "safezones" on Ebay

During the past month or so I have placed 5 different orders with "safezones" (a power seller) on Ebay for X10 home security system components. The parts took almost a month to arrive. During all of that time I found it extremely rare that the guy (Trinh Hoang) would answer my email. I had technical questions, as well as questions about parts delivery - but very few responses were ever received.

Nevertheless, when the parts finally did arrive, and after inspecting them for visible damage, I posted positive feedbacks for each one of the orders.

Now here it is, weeks later, and I have not received a single feedback from "safezones" for any of my 5 orders, despite the fact that I have emailed and telephoned him repeatedly. The phone calls are always answered by a recording, and when I place a message it is never answered.

For those of you who may not have participated in Ebay purchases, it is important for both sides to cooperate and to do the right thing by posting feedbacks. A positive feedback helps future sales and a negative feedback warns others to proceed with caution.

So if you are considering buying an X10 security system on Ebay, stay away from "safezones". Actually your best bet, if you want an X10 system, is to buy direct from

formatting link
I wish I had done that.

Reply to
Papa
Loading thread data ...

That seller would be in the minority, IMHO- I have purchased and sold on eBay for years now, literally hundreds of items, and there is always that 1 % that will screw you around. The vast majority of eBay Power Sellers are good folks.

Reply to
Stanley Barthfarkle

Yes, that is quite true. I am a long time Ebay participant as well, but when I run across a bad apple such as "safezones", I want potential buyers to know about it.

Reply to
Papa

"Nevertheless, when the parts finally did arrive, and after inspecting them for visible damage, I posted positive feedbacks for each one of the orders"

d'uh

*** Free account sponsored by SecureIX.com *** *** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from
formatting link
Reply to
mikey

LOL

Reply to
Bob La Londe

or ROFL ;>)

Reply to
Papa

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.