What is the best surveillance software for 4 ip cameras?

I have several Toshiba ip wireless cameras and am using Active Webcam for recording to my hard drive. Active Webcam just isn't cutting it for me - too unreliable. What's the most pro software out there?

Also, is it possible to convert an ethernet or wireless camera to a wired version that goes into a DVR? I love ip cameras for remote viewing, but the frame rate is too low. I originally bought these because of the additional ptz features.

Thanks

Reply to
Gaffpro
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
Dimbo Spams

Thanks! The outdoor camera looks interesting as does the newer technology (not having to go through the internet / router method

I wonder if there's a device for these that can make the camera into a ptz and operate it from the computer

Reply to
Gaffpro

"Dimbo Spams" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...

formatting link
this is the best price I have found for additional cameras. I have this

However, it doesn't seem to work in the dark (no ir). So far for surveillance.

Reply to
JanK

If you look on the website there are night time illuminators sold as accessories.

formatting link
> this is the best price I have found for additional cameras. I have this

Reply to
Dimbo Spams

Hmm, I don't know, the camera specs say: Illumination: 2 lx minimum. I own an axis 205 with the same light requirement. Adding IR light doesn't help this camera.

The seperate (indoor) night time illuminator includes a lens for nighttime viewing, but I thought the nighttime viewing (using IR) is not lens but ccd dependend.

But besides the nighttime viewing, I think it's a nice camera. Maybe I buy one for use as a webcam showing the landscape.

Reply to
JanK

If the camera has an IR filter (most do) adding IR won't help. On some "day/night" cameras the IR filter moves in and out as needed.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.