VOIP SOLUTION

The guy who claims to be a "Group Moderator" isn't. In fact, he's just an

8th grade drop-out affectionately known here as the MM. His real name is Michael Sabodish, Jr. He has hidden the ownership of his hate websites behind the anonymity of GoDaddy.com but everyone knows it's him. Here's his contact information.

Michael Sabodish, Sr

894 State Route 34 Matawan, NJ 07747 732-494-0288

State Route 34 is an old highway that wends its way through various towns along the Jersey shore, passing through the naval weapons station and finally petering out well within range of the stench rising from the Manasquan River. In Matawan the road is mostly lined with run-down old houses, many in dire need of paint and repair. Number 894 is a wood frame house with a decrepit, old van covered in faded advertising rusting away on what might have been called a lawn at one time. The house sits back from the busy street about 60 feet or so with a gravel driveway on one side that's partially overgrown by the same weeds that have taken over the lawn.

Reply to
Robert L Bass
Loading thread data ...

"The Testimony" by Robert L. Bass

I thought you might be interested to know that one of your competitors, Robert L Bass (me) of Bass Home Electronics, is also a born again Christian. I saw your post in the news group and decided to visit your site to see what you sell.

Actually, I was intending to check your prices since a prospective client had told me you charge less than I do on a couple of items. I wondered about the reason your company's name is "Alpha & Omega," since it is one of the names of God. Boy was I happy to find out!

I read your testimony and was glad to hear of the change Jesus has made in your life. I, too, have had a drastic turn-around in my life after meeting Jesus Christ.

In brief, I grew up in a loving home with good, honest parents. But I was always the rebel. I fought constantly with my brothers and sisters, the kids in school and most of all with any form of authority. By the end of seventh grade my parents could no longer control me. They sent me to a private school for troubled youth in New Hampshire. It cost all they had to ty to help me.

Soon I got into a fight and stabbed a classmate. I was 13 years old then. I spent the next four and a half years locked up, all the while building a rage inside me against everyone around me.

At age 17 I was released and came home to live with my family. In a few months I dropped out of the school my parents had enrolled me in, moved to Grenwich Village in New York City and joined the "hippy" scene. That was

1969. I spent the next 10 years on drugs, wandering around the country, in and out of jails on many felony charges.

I wrecked several cars, destroyed the lives of anyone who tried to help me and caused the death of an innocent woman in a car wreck in Missouri. Still I had no clue how to change my life.

In Florida my road to destruction finally came to the brink. Convicted of multiple felonies and facing many years in prison, I was about to go right down the drain forever. With the "winning" personality I had developed, I got in some fights in the jail as I awaited the sentence. I was charged as a "Habitual Felon" and faced 35 years to life. It was finally over...

And then God did a miracle. He sent a man into the jail all the way up to the solitary block where I was being kept due to fighting. This man brought the message that someone still cared about me. That there is a God and that He really loves me -- just as I am.

That night I got down and prayed an honest prayer of repentance for the first time in my life. I asked Jesus Christ to come into my life and to enable me to deal with the terrible prison sentence I was expecting. I didn't dare dream of ever being set free. I was certain I would not live 35 years in the Florida prison system. Too many other convicts hated me and wanted to see me dead.

But God had a plan for my life. A glorious plan of redemption, freedom and joy in the Holy Spirit! Three months later the judge allowed me to go to a Christian drug treatment facility in Hartford, CT. There I spent nearly two years, first as a student in the program and later as a volunteer staff member helping others learn to follow Jesus as I had.

Well it's been 18 years since I was set free from prison and 18 years since I was set free from the bonds of death and destruction that I had wrapped around my life. God has never failed me. Jesus has given me two wonderful children and a lovely wife. In fact, both of my boys have been called into missions. Praise God!

And just to show the world that Jesus can and does really change lives completely... He has given me a burglar alarm business. I was a thief and a con man. But Jesus has enabled me to protect the homes, lives and businesses of over a thousand people in Connecticut. And now He is helping me build a national security business over the Internet.

Sometimes I think God really has a great sense of humor, too. You see, some of the people whose homes I protect are judges, police officers and attorneys. Several good friends of mine are state police officers. Even a federal judge has entrusted me with his safety. I have key safes with about

300 keys to homes and businesses and God knows he had made me into a man who wouldn't even think of abusing that trust. Isn't He wonderful?

I will encourage you to never stop seeking Him. Keep sharing your testimony with anyone who will listen, my friend. And as God gives you opportunities to speak for His glory, you go right on and obey Him.

In His Service,

RLBass

/===================================\\ | Robert L Bass | | Bass Home Electronics | | 80 Bentwood Road | | West Hartford, CT 06107 | | (860) 561-2020 voice | | (860) 521-2143 fax | | snipped-for-privacy@BassHome.com | |

formatting link
| | CT State License: 00106011 | \\===================================/

Reply to
Group-Moderator

DIVORCE INFO ( Public Information )

Plaintiff Name VS Defendant Name BASS, RHONDA E. VS BASS, ROBERT L. Docket Number: FA-00-0724905-S CourtLocation: Hartford File Date: Jul 18 2000 Return Date:Aug 01 2000

Case Type: FAMILY - DISSOLUTION OF MARRIAGE List Type: FAMILY LIMITED Judge/Magistrate: Trial List Claim:Aug 01 2000

RHONDA E. BASS 01 P . . Attorney: BERMAN BOURNS AARON & DEMBO (Juris No. 003838)

970 FARMINGTON AVE WEST HARTFORD, CT 06107 203-232-4471

ROBERT L. BASS 50 D Y .

4883 FALLCREST CIRCLE SARASOTA FL 34233 Attorney: DORIS D AMBROSIO (Juris No. 302705) 784 FARMINGTON AVENUE WEST HARTFORD, CT 06119 0000

See it on the Web:

formatting link

Reply to
Group-Moderator

So....just to get this straight Bass...you are now saying that if anyone claims that you killed a young girl in Missouri that they would be lying???

Your own words from the past actually admit that you did kill a young girl...and I quote.....

"FTR, some have made snide remarks knowing I was once involved in a fatal accident. The idea is to embarrass or defame me for a terrible incident which happened many years ago. I take such comments in stride, considering the low-minded sort of human trash who would do such things. I'll never get over the sorrow for that horrible day. Nothing some fool can say about it here will add to that sorrow, any more than sorrow can ever restore a life snuffed out. That's my pain and it's something I alone must deal with. I understand what it means to know that a life has been taken because of a dumb mistake. I know the feeling of talking to a young man whose loved one is gone forever. There's nothing I can do to undo that moment."

And

" I know what it feels like to stand at a graveside because of a stupid mistake."

Headers from that post..... From: "Robert L Bass" Newsgroups: alt.security.alarms References:

Subject: Re: Trigger locks /was biometrics/ (long post) Lines: 85 Organization: Bass Home Electronics Inc X-Priority: 3 X-MSMail-Priority: Normal X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.50.4133.2400 X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.50.4133.2400 Message-ID: Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2000 18:30:55 GMT NNTP-Posting-Host: 24.13.221.209 X-Complaints-To: snipped-for-privacy@home.net X-Trace: news1.rdc1.fl.home.com 971029855 24.13.221.209 (Sun, 08 Oct 2000

11:30:55 PDT) NNTP-Posting-Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2000 11:30:55 PDT

Google search thread title.... Re: Trigger locks /was biometrics/ (long post)

Same thread...posted by Bass....

"I was involved in a fatal accident but I was not intoxicated. In fact, I rarely drink any alcohol at all. I fell asleep after driving too many hours from Denver through to the middle of Missouri. No charges were filed."

So....based on your own words above Bass...which part of the following is untrue????

"MURDERED an innocent young woman in Missouri by falling asleep at the wheel of a motor vehicle while on drugs."

Mike Simpson

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow Up 12-14-04

Subject: Re: Ademco vs. ITI wireless From: "Robert L. Bass" snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net Date: 12/14/2004 2:54 A.M. Eastern Standard Time Message-id:

You wouldn't know.

About a year after the accident I received a phone call from her husband. We talked about the things leading up to it -- the long hours we'd all been without sleep and the bright, morning sun on the long highway. He asked me to drive because he was too sleepy to keep going. I said I was really tired, too, but I thought I could drive for a while. The car was old and there were no seatbelts. The radio wasn't working and one by one, everyone fell asleep.

I tried to stay awake by opening the butterfly window to force some wind in my face. I remember trying to fight off sleep and then all of a sudden we were rolling.

More than someone like you could ever imagine.

Her husband's words to me on the phone were, "It wasn't your fault. It just happened. Try to forgive yourself." It's been over 30 years and it's still awful.

You're projecting.

Reply to
Group-Moderator

RLB "BUSTED" Posting Lies To Competitors Guest Book From Andy Bowman

Subject: Bass busted! From: "Andy Bowman" snipped-for-privacy@systemswebstore.com Date: 4/25/2002 5:13 AM Eastern Daylight Time Message-id: NMPx8.9029$ snipped-for-privacy@newssrv26.news.prodigy.com

Norco also doesn't go posting lies in their competitors guest books pretending to be someone else either! I must say I was shocked when I traced the headers Robert, I really thought it was Mike from Alarm Services at first, but when I looked at my site logs, Mike's IP had never even been to the site as of then. The one from Comcast however caught my eye and I immediately compared it to the one left in the guest book and guess what? They both match yours, a Comcast ISP (cable modem?) in Sarasota FL.

For those who care, Bass made two posts in my customer testimonials guest book on my site at

formatting link
The first was a test post pretending to come from Mike (Group Moderator), the other was a bad service / product post pretending to be a Nomen Nescio. Below are copies of both.

Sorry to add to the pollution of the group here, but I very rarely post here and when I do it's not usually to hawk my wares like Robert, the one time I did though I guess Robert felt intimidated and threatened that I was invading his territory and decided to resort to childish tactics.... sad. Get a life will you Robert.... I really would have never thought he would do anything like this, his ethics should seriously be questioned now, as you he was caught red handed. I would have thought he would have at least tried to hide himself better... perhaps his arrogance got the best of him this time, not thinking I'd be smart enough to trace it to him.

Robert, I guess the prices on the site were so much better than yours that you decided to try and discredit me as opposed to compete fairly. Too bad you have to resort to these tactics. Too bad for you it will have no impact huh, the comments were deleted within an hour....

Now, be a man and admit to the group you did it and promise not to do it again or I will join your fanclub and post a variation of this post to alert your potential customers here on a routine basis. I'll also report the incident Comcast and, hell I may even throw up a webpage on your distasteful competitive practices. The balls in your court, friend.

First guest book entry:

(1) Full Name tester (2) E-Mail Address snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (3) Home Page URL

formatting link
(4) Home Page Title (5) Date (system)

4/25/02 (6) Time (system) 3:07 AM (7) IP Address (system) 68.56.141.54 (8) Comments test

The second one:

A new post has arrived with he following information:

(1) Full Name Badenov (2) E-Mail Address Nomen Nescio (3) Home Page URL none (4) Home Page Title (5) Date (system)

4/25/02 (6) Time (system) 3:11 AM (7) IP Address (system) 68.56.141.54 (8) Comments Terrible service! Ordered from this store and got a real run around. Overpaid for good and got no service.

Ripofs!--Sincerely,Andy Bowmanwww.alarmsystemstore.com"Robert L Bass" wrote in messagenews:o9Lx8.119439$ snipped-for-privacy@bin4.nnrp.aus1.giganews.com...> AFAIK, Norco does not offer software. Their FAQ is a tiny fraction ofmine.> And they do not offer free, unlimited tech support via toll free lines;> 7-day a week service; free, unlimited downloads by modem or a raft ofother> things I do.>> Regards,> Robert L Bass>

PS: Mike from Alarm Services Incorporated adds: GOOD WORK ANDY....Nice Pick Up............. For the record I never visited your site OR wrote in your guest book....

Below is Robert L. Bass Replying: (Trying to WEASEL HIS WAY OUT, as always)

Below is Andy's Reply to the above

Subject: Re: Bass busted! From: "Andy Bowman" snipped-for-privacy@systemswebstore.com Date: 4/25/2002 6:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time Message-id:

First, I'm glad you chose to be a man and fess up to it publicly. I don't really have the time or energy to play games here.

Kind of an odd joke though, impersonating two people from this group in a bad way. Would you find it funny if I sent NAMBLA a subscription request in your name? That's odd sense of humor there. Once you saw it posted why didn't you email me saying it was a joke and that you didn't realize it was to be posted live? It was up for a little over an hour before I pulled it.... Nonetheless I'm moving on....

- Sincerely,

Andy Bowman

formatting link

begin 666 back_ani.gif M1TE&.#EA& `8`/P`,0```/___[N[NP```$1$1(B(B.[N[LS,S'=W=ZJJJIF9 MF55551$1$3,S,]W=W69F9B(B(@`````````````````````````````````` M`````````````````````````"'_"TY%5%-#05!%,BXP`P$````A^00%9 `` M`"P`````& `8```%PF @CJ21B(D@D&P;' 4\\;/@G1 MEFIG1SWSV6;,8K=9579"CIA.

Reply to
Group-Moderator

RLB's Illegal CT License ( 4 Posts Here Read Slow) This is what he received in return for trying to put Milford Alarms out of business

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

POST # 1

Subject: Bass Home Electronics is doing just fine, thank you From: "Robert L Bass" snipped-for-privacy@home.com Date: 4/1/00 5:33 PM Eastern Standard Time Message-id:

Reply to
Group-Moderator

"Consumer: Beware BassHome.com"

From snipped-for-privacy@karas.com.delthis (Brian Karas)

Well, I said I wouldn't respond to your continued misunderstanding of MIME and VCards, and I don't intend to address that here, but you make a couple of statements that really irked me, the biggest concern is the last comments you made...

As I've pointed out before, you alone have swayed my opinion of you. If you search through DejaNews to about 12-15months ago you'll find a post in comp.home.automation where I publicly and strongly defended you when someone else called one of your PR: type posts spam. I've disagreed with you, and made mention that you have a thin understanding of the Internet and Usenet, but I've also said publicly that I believe you are very intelligent in your trade. Recently a topic or two has come up in misc.homeowners about alarm systems, and I've referred one or two people to your website. If you call my disagreement with you abuse or slander, so be it.

Go answer your e-mails that people constantly complain about you not answering. Or fix your e-mail system, you seem to have plenty of time and technology to keep up with Usenet posts. I'll give you a hint, the people e-mailing you _WANT_ to hear your opinion... You find my public posting of you disagreeable, and I'll admit that I sometimes, or even often, may take a strong stance against your opinions. I may be completely blind to your side, but I haven't considered any of my posts unsubstantiated attacks on you. I have sided against you, and tried to give relevant data to back up my arguments, perhaps I could have been more eloquent. Had I been just some guy making random slanderous attacks on you, I might understand why you'd simply delete any mail with my name on it, however, you did not see fit to delete the orders I've placed through your website?

Yes, for those still following along I've ordered about $500 worth of components from Robert in the last few months. I'm a telecommunications geek by trade, and an Automation and cabling installer alongside my 'day job' I've recently begun to pursue alarm systems as a branch of my private business. My biggest alarm installs have been assisting others, and/or my own house. When I had to buy some products recently I went to

formatting link
because of price, not because Robert is my best friend, but because despite my disagreement with him I felt he had an efficient online store and I wanted to 'reward' his efforts with my business. I could have gone to any number of local places and received identical equipment at competitive prices, but I didn't.

After ordering some Napco equipment, I had some questions about the automation and X-10 add-ons, basically I wanted to know the differences between them, etc., as his website didn't really clarify this. So, I sent him an e-mail, which as I mentioned, and he confirmed went unanswered.

So Robert, your overall stance seems to be that you will help any DIY'er so long as they _publicly_ agree with you. However, should someone do a moderate amount of business with you and later disagree with you, all support is cut off, eh?

This is what your actions and words state, and I caution anyone who orders from you that you have a strange way of doing business.

This would almost seem like a complete story, but there is a bit more to it...

When I buy things via the Internet I use a debit card as a credit card, as a small security measure, should the number fall into the wrong hands I can easily minimize my loses and cancel the card without disrupting the rest of my finances, however it's sometimes a less than perfect way to transact business. During a a recent order with Bass for about $380 there was some difficulty in processing the card. There was more than enough funds in my account, but the bank didn't authorize the card on the first try. Robert (and/or his wife) e-mailed me directly with questions/concerns about the card. After verifying my address the order still wouldn't go through, so his wife resorted to calling me on the phone to clear things up, which we did. This process probably took about 4 days to a week and resulted in about 4 e-mails back and forth and a couple of voice mails. During this time Robert had to be more than aware of who I was, as I had posted other 'nasty' public disagreements with him, but no mention was made in the e-mails or phone calls that he would provide no support after the sale.

I hope this message serves to warn some of those who might consider giving him some business, or otherwise putting their faith or trust in him...

Robert has also publicly stated that he doesn't take things too seriously, and is quick to make amends, however I'd have to doubt this...

Robert, I'm sure my $500 didn't buy you an Armani suit, or allow your family to take a tropical vacation, but perhaps you should state somewhere on your webpage that you only support those who support _you_ with words rather than dollars.

I do apologize to all the others that have had to sift through these constant small wars and battles

Brian@ 'at' @Karas. 'dot' .com. Return address munged to prevent SPAM... SOHO DataComm wiring, FAQ's, etc:

formatting link

begin 666 back_ani.gif M1TE&.#EA& `8`/P`,0```/___[N[NP```$1$1(B(B.[N[LS,S'=W=ZJJJIF9 MF55551$1$3,S,]W=W69F9B(B(@`````````````````````````````````` M`````````````````````````"'_"TY%5%-#05!%,BXP`P$````A^00%9 `` M`"P`````& `8```%PF @CJ21B(D@D&P;' 4\\;/@G1 MEFIG1SWSV6;,8K=9579"CIA.

Reply to
Group-Moderator

Battery Diode Harness StoryFrom: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Group Moderator) Newsgroups: alt.security.alarms Subject: REPOST: Battery Diode Story - GOOFY BASS WRONG AGAIN Lines: 89 NNTP-Posting-Host: ngpost-m2.news.aol.com X-Admin: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com Date: 22 May 2002 07:13:17 GMT Organization: AOL

formatting link
Message-ID:

REPOSTED FOR THOSE WHO REQUESTED IT: This is the guy ROBERT L. (Lunatic) Goofy Bass that his Clones think he is so knowledgeable about alarms.

Battery Diode Story

Bass Was Totally Wrong - This was taken right from

formatting link
Subject: Re: Connecting more batteries Newsgroups: alt.security.alarms Date: 2002-04-08 07:38:27 PST

I think you've got this one wrong, friend. Napco provided a Battery Diode > > >

when > > > > I installed their add-on power supply. In fact, it's still listed on the > > > > ADI server as a valid part, although AFAIK Napco has stopped producing them. > > > > > > > > If you make current flow in the wrong direction on a battery charging > > > > circuit you'll have a lot more than a dead battery to worry about. To test > > > > your theory take a discharged battery and connect its terminals to another, > > > > fully charged battery with the terminals reversed (so you can get current to > > > > "flow back into the dead battery"). All kidding aside, don't really try > > > > this. The results can include fire and explosion, depending on the type of > > > > battery and its condition. > > > > > > > > BTW, the charging circuits on many alarms are actually 13.8VDC -- not 12 > > > > Volts. > > > > > > > > Regards, > > > >

Robert L Bass > > > > > > > > =============================> > > > > Bass Home Electronics > > > > The Online DIY Alarm Store > > > >

formatting link
> > > 2291 Pine View Circle > > > > Sarasota, FL 34231 > > > >

Sales & Tech Support > > > > 941-925-9747 Fax > > > > snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net >

This is the CORRECT answer Again taken from

formatting link

optional PS3000 power supply, but do need to supervise for AC > > > brownout. This module connects the PS3000 jack to the AUX relay, which > > > is triggered upon brownout. > > > > > > Secondly, the Dual Battery Harness, to which I believe you were > > > referring in your post, does not have a diode in it at all, it simply > > > parallels the battery leads to allow the connection of

2 or more > > > batteries to the MA3000, or any other panel. > > > > > > I do not think UL would require a diode in the battery harness that > > > would waste a valuable 0.7 VDC in a low battery condition just to > > > protect against the installer reversing the battery leads > > > accidentally. There is already a thermal circuit breaker on the board > > > for this type of protection. > > > >

two directions, you will soon have a very dead battery. > > > > > > Best Regards, Oleg

HERE NORMAN PROVES GOOFY ASS WRONG ALSO

Nomen Nescio wrote: > > > > > > > > > > Better not use a diode to isolate the two batteries. Remember, current has > > > > > to flow both directions on a battery lead: into the battery when it's > > > > > charging, and out of the battery when it's discharging. So if you orient > > > > > the anode towards the charging terminal and the cathode towards the > > > > > battery, the battery will charge but will not be able to deliver power to > > > > > the system when the AC is off. If you orient the diode the other > > > > > direction, the battery will not charge. > > > > > > > > > > Diodes also have a 0.6 volt drop across them, so if you charge a battery > > > > > through a diode, you are not getting the full charging voltage. > > > > > > > > > > Use a fuse or circuit breaker instead, preferably the harness provided by > > > > > the panel manufacturer.

SO those who want to take Goofy Bass's advise because you think he knows every thing -THINK TWICE.

Mike, Sr. Alarm Services Inc.(NJ) Group Moderator

formatting link
APPROVED VENDOR - Attention DIY's & Newbies
formatting link
Visit The Goofy Bass Website
formatting link

Reply to
Group-Moderator

ROBERT L BASS : STARRING IN : 'Mayday-Mayday'

"On my first cross country ride I asked my CFI if my son could come along for the ride. He said that would be fine. I asked the instructor not to pull any emergency practice because I didn't want to scare my son. It was agreed and we made an uneventful ride to a small airport in NY state. We had lunch there and then headed for home. On the return leg there were some low hanging scattered clouds -- nothing big or nasty, just a few wisps hanging down. I said I thought I should go lower and the CFI agreed.

I pushed the yoke forward a bit, eased up on the throttle to maintain airspeed and began a descent. Neither the CFI nor I noticed that the tach had drifted just below the green arc... uh-oh.

Within less than a minute the engine coughed a few times and quit. I thought at first that the CFI had done something and I was really annoyed with him for it. I went through the engine restart routine as he had taught me... nothing?!?

Meanwhile, my son thought the CFI and I were playing a joke so he said nothing.

I pushed forward a little to get us into best glide, set for full throttle and carb heat... nothing???? I was still thinking the CFI had pulled something when I turned and asked, "What now?" He said, "I don't know." I asked, "Is this a test?" "No, this is real." [yikes]

Up to now my son still thought we were playing a joke. I had already begun a slow turn toward a golf course we had just passed before the engine failure.

I asked if he wanted to take over. He said, "Not yet but have you forgotten something?"

I said, "Oh, yeah," tuned to 121.5 and keyed the button on the yoke. "Mayday, Mayday, Mayday... [etc] ...I have three souls on board.""

==== Sure....we believe you. You should write a book about that experience and have Oprah push it. (Although, you DO resemble Dr. Phil)

Reply to
Group-Moderator

"Attention Burglar" "Go Ahead Make My Day"

How do you get a Napco RP1-CAe2 keypad to show this? Robert L Bass said he did??

From: Robert L Bass - view profile Date: Wed, Feb 22 2006 11:12 am Email: Robert L Bass Groups: alt.security.alarms Not yet ratedRating:

show options

Reply | Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message | Show original | Report Abuse | Find messages by this author

Napco's RP1-CAe2 keypads have a programmable system ready message. Most dealers leave it at the standard "System Ready" but you cab change it. After we installed a new P9600 system in my church many years ago I was demonstrating the capabilities of the system to one of the board members. I set the message to something other different.

Unfortunately, I forgot to change it back. Early the next morning a sweet lady from the congregation who volunteered to clean the church each week showed up as usual. She disarmed the system with the code the pastor gave and saw "Attention Burglar" Second line: "Go ahead. Make my day".

She read, "Attention Burglar", panicked and dialed 911. I'm not sure of the details but I think she told them there was an intruder in the building. The cops were not amused. Fortunately, the pastor shared my sense slightly wicked of humor. :^) Regards, Robert L Bass

Bass Burglar Alarms The Online DIY Store

formatting link
Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups.

Reply to
Group-Moderator

"Robert L Bass" wrote in message news:aKCdneBs_I2KywXZnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Who is BoBo?

BOBO FAQ`s

1. Who is Bobo? A 100+ hour student pilot who has annoyed a lot of people on rec.aviation.student. Many experienced long-time r.a.s participants have left in disgust or have otherwise been driven off by his actions, leaving this group impoverished. People have observed his behavior here and conclude that he simply lacks the judgement to ever become a pilot.
  2. What is the Bobo Syndrome? There is a cycle that has repeated itself several times. He starts out with congratulatory and encouraging messages. He then starts with his "witty" comments (which can be amusing in small doses). On rare occasions, he even says something sensible. At these incipient stages, he's tolerable. Invariably, he either flames someone or otherwise does something to offend someone who responds in kind. Since Bobo seems to be unable to let go, a feedback loop follows as everyone puts in his own 1. Who is Bobo? A 100+ hour student pilot who has annoyed a lot of people on rec.aviation.student. Many experienced long-time r.a.s participants have left in disgust or have otherwise been driven off by his actions, leaving this group impoverished. People have observed his behavior here and conclude that he simply lacks the judgement to ever become a pilot. 2. What is the Bobo Syndrome? There is a cycle that has repeated itself several times. He starts out with congratulatory and encouraging messages. He then starts with his "witty" comments (which can be amusing in small doses). On rare occasions, he even says something sensible. At these incipient stages, he's tolerable. Invariably, he either flames someone or otherwise does something to offend someone who responds in kind. Since Bobo seems to be unable to let go, a feedback loop follows as everyone puts in his own $0.02. Bobo seems to derive some satisfaction from such fights. Eventually, it oscillates out of control and something happens to cool the flames for a brief respite. The cycle then starts over again. 3. What is a Bobo appology? We don't know. Bobo has claimed to have made some, but no-one's ever seen one. Bobo has at times made vague references to having "made mistakes". 4. Who is Sydney and what happened? Sydney was a knowlegable and active participant until Bobo contacted her employer to complain about her. He claims she was sending harassing email. Even if we take Bass's version of events for the sake of argument (and from email I exchanged with her, I personally find it very hard to believe she was anything but tactful), his reaction was extreme and uncalled for. It also leaves open the question of why Sydney would single him out for such "harrassment". Bobo seems to believe his problems on the net started as a direct result of this incident as Sydney's friends are trying to get even with him for this. He claims his actions were justified and refuses to appologize. He also fails to understand that Sydney's popularity and his ostracism are effects, not causes. Because of this incident, Sydney no longer posts actively. Although her employer apparently did not take Bobo's charges seriously, such accusations even if unfounded usually have grave consequences. The main point about the Sydney incident is that Bobo was a problem on the net before it happened and things merely continued downhill from there. 5. What are some of his other netcrimes? He has: posted hate mail in volatile groups, naming his victims by name and giving their adress, e-mail and phone numbers. Made midnight `phone calls to several members of the ng Mailbombed yours truly (pretty feeble ones, but it`s the thought that counts) On and n and on. 6. Who is Gene and what happenned? Gene is an experienced CFI and long-time participant. He is well known for his valuable contributions on the net and for his disks. He has a non-aviation day job and simply instructs for the joy of it. Gene's disks contain a collection distilled wisdom based on his knowledge and experience. He mails them out on request at no charge. Until 1998 when he ran out of disks, he even paid for the disks and postage himself. Now he just asks people to send him a SASE and blank disks. At one point, Gene sent Bobo his disks, but Bobo subsequently offended Gene (this apparently predates the Sydney incident). Rather than respond in kind, Gene chose to leave and only returned after learning how to set up a killfile entry. After his return, Gene announced the availability of his disks to people who would email their snail mail address. Bobo apparently had lost his copy of Gene's files and requested another copy by posting rather than emailing his address to Gene. Gene deliberately ignored the request, but Bobo obtained the files from a web site that Gene authorized. Despite crticism of the action, Bobo offered to email Gene's files to anyone who requested. He finally agreed to stop if Gene would personally email the request. Later, Bobo claimed Gene had told him the files were compilations and in the public domain. Contrary to Gene's stated wishes, Bass converted the files to HTML, claimed copyright on the HTML version, and posted them, tying up valuable bandwidth. Bobo later claimed he would stop only if people stoped flaming him, in effect holding Gene and the rest of the group hostage. Later, Gene announced the availability of a new revised (1998) edition of his files. Bobo claimed to have obtained a copy from the web site, even though Gene says he never sent it out. Gene subsequently decided that Bobo is dangerous and evil and despite his distaste, started dissecting the various Bobo droppings. He also added his editorial comment, calling Bobo a "vampire". Many newcomers unaware of the history viewed Gene as the agressor in this round. Bobo complained to Gene's server. Because Gene now feels so strongly about the issue, he has asked others to continue posting the vampire message on his behalf. 7. Who is JRJ and what happened? JRJ is a long time contributor to all of the rec.aviation.heirarchy. He`s an experienced Pilot, instructor and restorer of antique airplanes. Bass took exception to some of his posts and nsinuated that JRJ was a liar. When JRJ fought back, Bass contacted his employers at the college where he worked and told them he was messing with company equipment on their time. This was not a big inconvienience to JRJ, but goes to show the small mindednes that Bobo is capapble of. 9. Who is "Larry Laffer"? Larry Laffer is an extremely good looking and intelligent, but fictitious persona posted anonymously apparently by the same individual who posts under the name "Q Salt". The Laffer persona exists specifically to parody Bass's own actions and Laffer himself acknowledges that he posts nothing of value. The seems to be either to hound Bass of the net (unlikely) or to provoke Bass into an action that would get him in trouble with his server (somewhat more likely). 10. What postings did Bass cancel? Lots, in three seperate cancelling sprees. In the first, he just did it, apparently unaware that it was against the policy of the vast majority of usenet hosts. He showed no remorse for this and it was only when his server told him "no more" that he stopped. The second was of Gene Whitt`s repetitive posts against him. These were apparently authorised by Gene`s server, but obviously the authoriser didn`t know Bobo. In the third, Bobo convinced a junior abuse rep at @home to allow him to cancel any posts he didn`t like! This abuse person was reprimanded by a moe senior official and Bobo is on a very short plank if he steps out of line on this or any other score again. 11. Did Bass lose his solo privileges due to a Class C airspace incursion? There are conflicting versions of the story but two things seem to be established facts. There was a serious class C incursion (as in not just clipping a corner) and Bass is currently no longer signed off for solo privileges. 12. Why must Bass leave? He needs to learn how to listen more than he speaks before returning. 13. Why Bass should be ignored? Nothing else has worked. 14. How do I set up a kill file? Go to the ng and hunt around for people who have tread this path before. A search in dejanews will give you some leads on how to set one up. There are a lot of different ways to do so. Alternatively, you can just stay tuned in and let Bobo entertain you!.02. Bobo seems to derive some satisfaction from such fights. Eventually, it oscillates out of control and something happens to cool the flames for a brief respite. The cycle then starts over again.
  3. What is a Bobo appology? We don't know. Bobo has claimed to have made some, but no-one's ever seen one. Bobo has at times made vague references to having "made mistakes".
  4. Who is Sydney and what happened? Sydney was a knowlegable and active participant until Bobo contacted her employer to complain about her. He claims she was sending harassing email. Even if we take Bass's version of events for the sake of argument (and from email I exchanged with her, I personally find it very hard to believe she was anything but tactful), his reaction was extreme and uncalled for. It also leaves open the question of why Sydney would single him out for such "harrassment". Bobo seems to believe his problems on the net started as a direct result of this incident as Sydney's friends are trying to get even with him for this. He claims his actions were justified and refuses to appologize. He also fails to understand that Sydney's popularity and his ostracism are effects, not causes. Because of this incident, Sydney no longer posts actively. Although her employer apparently did not take Bobo's charges seriously, such accusations even if unfounded usually have grave consequences. The main point about the Sydney incident is that Bobo was a problem on the net before it happened and things merely continued downhill from there.
  5. What are some of his other netcrimes? He has: posted hate mail in volatile groups, naming his victims by name and giving their adress, e-mail and phone numbers. Made midnight `phone calls to several members of the ng Mailbombed yours truly (pretty feeble ones, but it`s the thought that counts) On and n and on.
  6. Who is Gene and what happenned? Gene is an experienced CFI and long-time participant. He is well known for his valuable contributions on the net and for his disks. He has a non-aviation day job and simply instructs for the joy of it. Gene's disks contain a collection distilled wisdom based on his knowledge and experience. He mails them out on request at no charge. Until 1998 when he ran out of disks, he even paid for the disks and postage himself. Now he just asks people to send him a SASE and blank disks. At one point, Gene sent Bobo his disks, but Bobo subsequently offended Gene (this apparently predates the Sydney incident). Rather than respond in kind, Gene chose to leave and only returned after learning how to set up a killfile entry. After his return, Gene announced the availability of his disks to people who would email their snail mail address. Bobo apparently had lost his copy of Gene's files and requested another copy by posting rather than emailing his address to Gene. Gene deliberately ignored the request, but Bobo obtained the files from a web site that Gene authorized. Despite crticism of the action, Bobo offered to email Gene's files to anyone who requested. He finally agreed to stop if Gene would personally email the request. Later, Bobo claimed Gene had told him the files were compilations and in the public domain. Contrary to Gene's stated wishes, Bass converted the files to HTML, claimed copyright on the HTML version, and posted them, tying up valuable bandwidth. Bobo later claimed he would stop only if people stoped flaming him, in effect holding Gene and the rest of the group hostage. Later, Gene announced the availability of a new revised (1998) edition of his files. Bobo claimed to have obtained a copy from the web site, even though Gene says he never sent it out. Gene subsequently decided that Bobo is dangerous and evil and despite his distaste, started dissecting the various Bobo droppings. He also added his editorial comment, calling Bobo a "vampire". Many newcomers unaware of the history viewed Gene as the agressor in this round. Bobo complained to Gene's server. Because Gene now feels so strongly about the issue, he has asked others to continue posting the vampire message on his behalf.
  7. Who is JRJ and what happened? JRJ is a long time contributor to all of the rec.aviation.heirarchy. He`s an experienced Pilot, instructor and restorer of antique airplanes. Bass took exception to some of his posts and nsinuated that JRJ was a liar. When JRJ fought back, Bass contacted his employers at the college where he worked and told them he was messing with company equipment on their time. This was not a big inconvienience to JRJ, but goes to show the small mindednes that Bobo is capapble of.
  8. Who is "Larry Laffer"? Larry Laffer is an extremely good looking and intelligent, but fictitious persona posted anonymously apparently by the same individual who posts under the name "Q Salt". The Laffer persona exists specifically to parody Bass's own actions and Laffer himself acknowledges that he posts nothing of value. The seems to be either to hound Bass of the net (unlikely) or to provoke Bass into an action that would get him in trouble with his server (somewhat more likely).
  9. What postings did Bass cancel? Lots, in three seperate cancelling sprees. In the first, he just did it, apparently unaware that it was against the policy of the vast majority of usenet hosts. He showed no remorse for this and it was only when his server told him "no more" that he stopped. The second was of Gene Whitt`s repetitive posts against him. These were apparently authorised by Gene`s server, but obviously the authoriser didn`t know Bobo. In the third, Bobo convinced a junior abuse rep at @home to allow him to cancel any posts he didn`t like! This abuse person was reprimanded by a moe senior official and Bobo is on a very short plank if he steps out of line on this or any other score again.
  10. Did Bass lose his solo privileges due to a Class C airspace incursion? There are conflicting versions of the story but two things seem to be established facts. There was a serious class C incursion (as in not just clipping a corner) and Bass is currently no longer signed off for solo privileges.
  11. Why must Bass leave? He needs to learn how to listen more than he speaks before returning.
  12. Why Bass should be ignored? Nothing else has worked.
  13. How do I set up a kill file? Go to the ng and hunt around for people who have tread this path before. A search in dejanews will give you some leads on how to set one up. There are a lot of different ways to do so. Alternatively, you can just stay tuned in and let Bobo entertain you!

Reply to
Group-Moderator

Another Unhappy BassHome.com Customer

Subject: I give up on Robert Bass From: "Scott MacLean" snipped-for-privacy@SPAMnerosoft.com

Date: 12/29/2000 1:07 AM Eastern Standard Time

Message-id:

I placed an order on November 9 on the BassHome.com web site, for the PC interface for my alarm system (DSC 5010). I got a message from snipped-for-privacy@BassHome.com confirming the order, with UPS ground shipping included (5-7 days). My credit card statement showed the charge by Bass Home Electronics on November 10.

On December 3rd, just over 3 weeks after placing my order, I sent an email to snipped-for-privacy@BassHome.com asking when I could expect the interface to arrive.I received an email back telling me that the snipped-for-privacy@BassHome.com email address was invalid.

I then sent a message on December 4th to snipped-for-privacy@home.com asking about the order. I received no reply. I sent another message on December 7th, again to snipped-for-privacy@home.com. Again, I received no reply. I posted an email to this group on December 10th. Robert telephoned me the same day, apologizing that his email was not working, and said that there had been a problem with the distributor, and that the item would be shipped the next day. On December 27th, 2 1/2 weeks later, I still hadn't received anything. I

emailed Robert again. No response. I emailed him again on the 28th. Again, no response.It's now the 29th. It has been over 7 weeks since I placed this order. I give up. I've called my credit card company to reverse the charge.Sorry Robert, you had your chance. No emails, no phone calls, no explanations, no response to my emails. I'll take my business elsewhere.

******************END******************

Reply to
Group-Moderator

BEFORE you buy from Bass-Home.com ( AKA BassBurgularAlarms.com) READ

**CONSUMER BEWARE**

A Convict operates online stores known as Basshome.Com and Bass-Home.com and BassBurglarAlarms.com . He has problems and issues dealing with customers credit cards. You can see that HERE:

formatting link
He owned an installation company in Connecticut for a short while until the caught up to him for lying on his alarm license application. You can see that HERE:
formatting link
To try to promote business for his online store he posted BOGUS information in a competitors guest book. You can read all that HERE:
formatting link
He has not installed a single protective device in over six years. He only knows what he reads here. He has started wars with just about everyone in this newsgroup as well as others. He tried to get an employee fired from his job. You can read that HERE:
formatting link
Over One Hundred people in various news groups despise this fast, sweet taking SCAMMER. You can see that HERE:
formatting link
AND HERE
formatting link
You can read more about him HERE:
formatting link
There is even a website about him and what he does HERE:
formatting link

So you really want to do business with or take advice from Robert L. Bass from Basshome.com?

Think again - **Consumer Beware** - You have been warned.

Every link posted here can be found at

formatting link
Just enter Goofy or Robert L, Bass and you will be amazed at what you see.

Reply to
Group-Moderator

Bo Bo Legend Goes On

Subj: Fabulous website Date: 7/17/2002 11:26:26 AM Eastern Daylight Time From: snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com To: snipped-for-privacy@goofysplace.com Sent from the Internet (Details)

I ran across your site completely by accident, but it was well worth the trip.

I remember Bobo from the rec.aviation* groups. Glad to see you're keeping him busy in ASA. His memory is still alive and well in aviation. At a recent fly-in, the airport outhouse had a sign on the door - "Basshole". This guy is a true aviation legend.

BTW - My first reaction when I heard that a plane had flown in to the World Trade Center was that Bass had somehow managed to get a student solo signoff. Given his past escapades, he'd be prime recruiting material for Osama.

Keep up the good work!!!!!! __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Yahoo! Autos - Get free new car price quotes

formatting link

Reply to
Group-Moderator

Plagiarize

Search Result 1 From: Plagerized (none) Subject: plagerize Slime

This is the only article in this thread View: Original Format Newsgroups: alt.security.alarms, comp.home.automation Date: 2002-10-09 06:49:38 PST

I got it on page 113, figure 3.42, but it's the same :-)

Slime has plagerized once again- stolen FAQ or installation idea claimed as his own.

Sad case bAss- you reach for 'one-upsmanship' by lying about an application and get caught using the most widely used source in the alarm industry, the Sentrol Application Notebook.

Let's see Leuck pull your dumb ass out of this

"Mike Dupre" wrote in news:J0Wo9.165926$ snipped-for-privacy@news02.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com:

Reply to
Group-Moderator

Robert L Bass Expanded BBB Report

Check it out... BBB's Actual website

formatting link

BBB Reliability Report

The Better Business Bureau Serving Florida's West Coast P.O. Box 7950 Clearwater, FL 33758-7950

Bass Home Electronics 4883 Fallcrest Cir Sarasota, FL 34233 Telephone: (941) 925-9747 Fax: (941) 925-9747

The BBB reports on members and non-members.

Principal: Mr. Robert L Bass, Owner File Open Date: June 2002 TOB Classification: Electric Equipment-Service & Repair, Fire Alarm Systems, Security Control Equipment, Sys/Monitor BBB Membership: This company is not a member.

Additional DBA Names BASS BURGLAR ALARMS

Customer Experience

Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record with the Bureau due to unanswered complaints. The company has resolved some complaints presented by the Bureau, however, the Bureau did not receive a response to other complaints.

When considering complaint information, please take into account the company's size and volume of transactions, and understand that the nature of complaints and a firm's responses to them are often more important than the number of complaints.

The Bureau processed a total of 10 complaints about this company in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period. Of the total of 10 complaints closed in 36 months, 7 were closed in the last year.

These complaints concerned:

8 Delivery, 6 Refund Issues, and 1 Customer Service.

They were closed as:

11 Resolved, and 4 No Response.

Additional DBAs, Addresses and Telephone Numbers

Additional Addresses 2291 Pine View Cir Sarasota, FL 34231 Additional Phone Numbers (877) 722-8900

Reply to
Group-Moderator

Bassburglaralarms.com- Screws yet another customer BBB Complaint Filed

From: "loops" Subject: Re: Bass Alarms Date: Thursday, March 10, 2006 8:23 PM

When should I expect to see a refund on my credit card? I tried to call and email but your phone appears to have a bad connection and or is busy. Via email, I am just getting your auto reponse. Thanks

From: "G. Morgan" Subject: Re: Bass Alarms Date: Thursday, March 10, 2006 8:34 PM Subject: Re: Bass Alarms Newsgroup: alt.security.alarms

=> loops When should I expect to see a refund on my credit card? I tried to call

Join the others here:

formatting link
It's a real shame all of Bass's customers have to come here to contact him. That makes it everyone's business.

-Graham Remove the snails to email

From: "loops" Subject: Re: Bass Alarms Date: Saturday, March 12, 2006 7:11 AM

I am sorry, but I to travel. In fact I was in four states in 1 week and I have medical emergencies, and I had food poisoning. I understand we are all busy and have issues, but this is not acceptable. I have called you several times, but get a busy signal. I have emailed you and get the auto-response. I have faxed you. The fact that I am writing this is way too much. I also apologize to this group for having to communicate to this vendor via this group. It is just unreasonable how difficult this is.

As we are all aware we use email to handle such items, the facts are in black and white.

Here is the deal- Please see your packing slip for this order #158981 from your supplier in the North East. Line item #6 shows an ELK-1280 was shipped to me. Now review my order #4623BB- Line item #6 [#ELK-12250] ELK-12250 Battery: Rechargeable, 12V, 26AH 1 x US $43.50 = US $43.50. Now the price difference between these two products is what I am asking for. It really requires no more... Please subtract the difference and credit my account. Since I am sure that this will continue I have, I contacted the BBB of West Florida and this is my Complaint 1835930 for your records. I had the

2nd issue of double billing taken care of by my credit card company within 24 hours. They recommended I send the battery back for a full credit. I think we can take care of this by making the adjustment. By doing the full credit, would cost me the shipping. Thanks Frank

The fact that I am writing this is

I agree that it's unreasonable. There's also no need to apologize to us. We all recognize (from past transactions Robert's been involved in) that this Newsgroup is the only really effective way of communicating with him. If he spent less time promoting his online business in Newsgroups while deriding others in the trade, and more time *servicing* his customers he'd be far better off. What's really funny is that he's always quick to judge others based on little more than pure conjecture and almost no first hand knowledge of the individual or company he's slamming...

Reply to
Group-Moderator

Florida DOC Detail Name BASS,ROBERT L Date of Birth Sep 19 1949 Race WHITE Gender Male

Eye Color BROWN Height (ft in) 71 Birth State/Country ZZ Offender Status 31

ID Number 351171 FDLE Number 01331653 FBI Number 00509382G SSN on request

Release Address 1 Release Address 2 Release Address 3

Inmate Data

none found

Offenses

Case Number Commitment Prefix 01 Sentence Components 001 Conviction County POLK

Offense Date Nov 9 1978 Sentence Imposed Apr 12 1979 Admit Date NCIC Offense AGGRAV ASSLT-FAMILY-GUN

Minimum Term 0000000 Maximum Term 0000000 Special Provision Code none found Adjudication Withheld? N

Parole Data

P & P Commitment Prefix 01 Probation & Parole Status INACTIVE Supervision County POLK Supervision Start Date Apr 12 1979

Scheduled Termination Date Apr 11 1989 Actual Termination Date May 10 1984

Reply to
Group-Moderator

Robert L. Bass admits to assault conviction

Subject: Re: So You Want to Buy From Bassburglaralarms ? CAUTION From: "Robert L. Bass" snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net Date: 8/24/2004 11:47 PM Eastern Daylight Time Message-id:

OK, thanks Blythe. The part that really cracks me up is that a bunch of foul-mouthed, dishonest dealers (not you, of course) who have attacked me numerous times without provocation for years have the chutzpah to think that I need their forgiveness.

In particular it's galling that they pretend to be greatly offended over an assault conviction more than a quarter of a century ago. I made a serious mistake many years ago, paid dearly for it and have long since moved on. I neither need nor seek their forgiveness as I've done nothing to harm them. They, on the other hand, are in dire need of forgiveness, but that's another story.

Regards, RLB

Reply to
Group-Moderator

Robert L. Bass tries to screw Dave Houston

Subject: re Bass From: snipped-for-privacy@whocares.com (Dave Houston) Date: 7/3/2004 8:18 PM Eastern Daylight Time Message-id:

I'm sure this will do little good but when such an abominable lie is repeatedly spread by such an abominable liar as Bass, I think it requires a response. He knows I keep him in my killfile so I guess he figures he can take these shots with impunity.

When he posts, "Not too long ago when he was begging for help I tried to put aside our differences; privately offered to assist him and got publicly slammed for it." he is lying! Anybody who wishes can check Google for this group back in May/June of 2003 just after I got out of the hospital. You will find no post from me asking for help. You will certainly find no post from me "begging" for help. But being the bottom feeding dishonest bit of sub-human slime he is, Bass has repeated this lie several times.

I turned down offers from a few people who offered help when I said that I would probably have to move and stop posting here. I have since managed to get into the VA healthcare system which gets me my cardiac medications at $7 per prescription per month - a savings of a few hundred dollars each month. That has allowed me to stay in the apartment I've been in for the past 7-8 years.

I did ask if anyone with the appropriate skills was interested in taking over an application I wrote several years ago that gave those without the ability to speak (from brain injury, ALS, CP, stroke, etc.) a way to control their environment and use text-to-speech to "speak", even originating and answering phone calls. I offered the sourcecode for free. Bass, being the slime-ball, con-artist, hypocrite he is, sent an e-mail trying to wheedle me into giving him the sourcecode. I guess he thought he could then sell it to someone else - he certainly has demonstrated no programming skills nor even a beginners understanding of computer related security issues although he ridiculed my warnings about active scripting. (CERT and other computer security experts this week recommended abandoning IE because of severe security holes related to active scripting.) If Bass would like to settle this in an appropriate venue, I can prove eveything I've said and disprove everything he has said. Bass would be the last person on earth that I would consider to take over the sourcecode.

I _gave_ that sourcecode to someone else who did have world-class programming skills. I'm not sure if he did anything with it. I wrote it back before the government would subsidize similar software so he may have decided there was no longer a market. Or he may have been unimpressed with it.

My diagnosis was severe congestive heart failure. My cardiologist has steadily increased my dosage of the two main medications and I'm functioning nearly as well, although with decreased mobility, as before. I'm trying to finish off several DIY HA related projects in whatever time I have remaining. Many are nearing completion.

The X-10 RF input module for the Ocelot/Leopard will probably be of interest to the greatest number but I'm also working on porting Commander-X to an embedded, networkable, under $100 system.

Continued ::::::::

Subject: Re: re Bass From: snipped-for-privacy@whocares.com (Dave Houston) Date: 7/6/2004 12:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time Message-id:

When Bass sees his lies refuted, he responds with another.

There was NEVER any such page on my website.

There was a notice that due to my health I could no longer maintain the site nor respond to emails it generated.

There was a link to a page which gave a brief detail of my health problems and which offered to give the sourcecode for SpeakOUT! (the text-to-speech application program for the disabled) to any qualified person who would update it and make it available (whether for free or as a commercial app) for those who could use it. The person I really wanted to take it over was an Air Force pilot who expressed strong interest but then got transferred and found himself with little free time to devote to it.

There was no plea for assistance. There was no request that anybody provide web space for ANY purpose. The page was already hosted on donated server space that did not cost me one cent so there was no reason to request that someone maintain a site.

When the emails actually increased, I shut the web page down.

When an individual with suspect motives posted a message here that it was still available in the WayBack archives, there was another spurt of email so I had it removed from the archive. (They understand copyright law.)

The page was hosted by a company that has an international IT business. They have servers in Europe, North America and Asia. All mirrored my pages; all were archived religiously on a daily basis.

There were dozens of people who emailed me offering free server space. Most said they had made personal archives of the pages and would publish them with no work on my part. Since that defeated the purpose of shutting down the pages, I declined all such offers telling them I would edit the pages and republish them at a later date. So, there are many, many archives of the pages held by independent parties which will prove that Bass is once again resorting to slander and libel.

To those complaining about my posts, I can only say that I did not initiate this exchange but I am not going to allow anybody to slander and libel me without responding. If you do not like that, use your killfile. If you do not want to use your killfile but still wish to complain, I can only suggest you follow the advice the Vice President gave to Sen. Leahy. ALL of those complaining made my killfile long, long ago.

Bass is a thoroughly dishonest slime artist who, lacking in technical ability, resorts to personal slander and libel when someone posts technical data that he cannot refute.

His "FAQ" linked to each of my web pages (without permission) for several years. Most of his "FAQ" is composed of work done by others and used without permission.

It amazes me that nobody has turned Bass into gator kibble.

Reply to
Group-Moderator

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.