VoIP Solutions

Hi All. The company I work for are investigating Voice over IP Solutions to implemnet shortly. I know of the 3com and Cisco Solutions, etc and the generic NEC, Ericsson solutions, but are there any others out there worth looking at? Are there any sites that give a brief outline of features and reviews etc??

Any comments welcomed.

Regards, Shane

Reply to
Shane Malden
Loading thread data ...

Look on TelecomsTrader -

formatting link
Rob

Reply to
Rob Parker

Go to

In the article PC Mag did a nice explanation and overview of all VOIP systems in general and a thorough review of the MITEL 3300 VOIP system, giving it very favorable marks. My employer uses several of the MITEL 3300 systems and we too are most pleased. It does exactly what MITEL said it would do and there have been no issues or unpleasant surprises. Nice product!! Computer retailer CompUSA recently installed a nationwide network of MITEL 3300s, one in every store across the USA, all networked together via IP.

The system PC Mag reviewed was running release 3.3 of the system software, which has undergone major changes and improvements since the article was written. The latest release O/S for the MITEL 3300 is version 5.1.4.8

By the way, if you're looking for a VOIP system that **IS NOT** Windows Server based, look no further.

Reply to
Mitel Lurker <wdg

I would agree that Avaya is one to put on your "short list" but Nortel has doing substantial downsizing and has had some recent (and serious) financial problems. Nortel's voip systems are also (IMO) a little 'ho-hum' in the features department. Believe I'd pass.

I would suggest adding MITEL to your short list of systems to consider.

NASA was said to be in final negotiations for a 15,000 line VOIP system from Cisco, but I understand (from an informed source) that the deal may be on hold while they look at Mitel and visit an installed Mitel system.

Reply to
Mitel Lurker <wdg

Take a look at Nortel and Avaya VoIP solutions - The are the two biggest telecom providers in the world.

Reply to
Nortec in MN

You can try

formatting link
their prices are reasonable.

Jackie

--------

Reply to
Jackie

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.