Visonic MR4000 Pet Alley Lens #5

Am looking to buy some pet ally lenses #5 for Visonic MR4000 PIR's. ADI says they were disontinued several years ago. The manufacturer's sales department also said the same.The MR4000 is still available. Appreciate your help. Am removing some 903"s; could have been part #DS-903, an early model PIR that would trip when the wind blew, when installed in an outside wall, due to the Venturi effect .

Charlie

Reply to
chasbo
Loading thread data ...

Am looking to buy some pet ally lenses #5 for Visonic MR4000 PIR's. ADI says they were disontinued several years ago. The manufacturer's sales department also said the same.The MR4000 is still available. Appreciate your help. Am removing some 903"s; could have been part #DS-903, an early model PIR that would trip when the wind blew, when installed in an outside wall, due to the Venturi effect .

Charlie

Reply to
chasbo

So ....... A) When installing PIR's make sure you seal all holes. (But gran ted, some of the old PIR"S didn't have the signal processing that the newer models have) and B) pick another manufacturer other than Visonic who has pet ally capabi lity. Or .... depending upon the actual application you may be able to mask a standard lens sufficiently to provide you with the "pet ally" range you need. The MR4000 is a really old design. Optex is a good high end manufacturer.

Reply to
Jim Davis

anted, some of the old PIR"S didn't have the signal processing that the new er models have)

bility. Or .... depending upon the actual application you may be able to ma sk a standard lens sufficiently to provide you with the "pet ally" range yo u need. The MR4000 is a really old design.

That Visonic is a flush mount unit made for a single gang electrical box, O ptex doesn't appear to offer that

Oddly enough Amazon is selling new MR4000's at a very hefty $176

Best bet is to mask it, shouldn't be difficult since it's likely mounted ch est-high anyway

Reply to
mleuck

I didn't look at what model the Mr4000 but now that I see it is a recessed unit Honeywell offers a the #995 seen on line for about $50.00 I don't know if there is a pet ally lens but masking will likely do the job.

Just google "recessed mounted passive infrared motion detectors" and see what you get.

Reply to
Jim Davis

Charlie

I remember that thing. Had issues with it right off the bat years ago. I think Leuck originally suggested it some bunch a years ago.

Anyway I went to the Sentrol 6255FM which I used in hundreds of installation with little trouble. The Sentrol unit came with masks for various applications including spot, curtain, wide angle, and pet alley. I had very little trouble with them given that they were a very basic motion sensor. I did receive one they forgot to put all the components on the board though.

I think the Sentrol 6255 is now also discontinued.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Thanks all. Due to false alarms with the DS903's, I needed a replacement that could perform the same function, and that could mount in the same old work boxes. I needed two Mr4000 to do the trick. I installed one, upside down, because I did not have a pet lens. I've done this before, many years ago, and worked.

Coincidentally, yesterday, as I was looking though a file folder for another account that also had an MR4000 installed long time ago, I found an envelope containing two #5 pet alley lenses. How lucky can you get.

ADI just sent me three new MR4000, one of which will go to this job.

May also turn this one upside down and save the two #5 pet lenses for another old customer with DS903's.

Reply to
chasbo

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.