Better Pet Immune than DSC BV300DP?

man, cats are the "devils mini me", aint nothing you can do 100% when it comes to motion sensors, just sell them to the chinese :-)))))

Reply to
cctvbahamas
Loading thread data ...

Have one that is not ignoring two cat at play. Its about 3 years old and matches the images of 300DP I found on the web (PC etch is not that helpful). What is the straight dope on this unit and are better available?

Thanks

Reply to
Solo Rider

Try the Visonic K980...

Reply to
Russell Brill

You may want to check the board inside and see if it's a BV300DP or just a BV300. From the outside, they look exactly the same. The number can usually be found on a white sticker on the bottom left corner of the board. As far as I know, the BV300 doesn't offer any pet immunity.

Also make sure the normal/hostile jumper (bottom right corner) is off and that the board is set to zero (vertical position)

The alternative I usually go with is the Paradox Digigard DG75.

And as usual with cats, if they can get up high or within about 6 feet of the motion they are more likely to set it off. Cats can be a pain to work around... Can they get on top of couches, tables, counters, etc. Are they swatting toys around that area? Does the motion face a staircase? Is the motion at least 7 feet above the floor? And with this time of year... is the furnace kicking in while the system is armed and blowing curtains/blinds/plants/decorations around?

Where is this motion?

Reply to
shady

I like the Sentrol PI6000. I have 5 of them in a commercial building that gets birds, cats & rats every now and then. Not one false alarm in 7 years.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.