Verified Response

How many Cities have tried Verified Response and then found B&E's went up or have cancelled the Verified Response program?

And just how busy do you think the police would be if ALL of us said for one day: "We will not call anyone when the alarm goes off?"

Reply to
George Siegle
Loading thread data ...

have cancelled the Verified Response program?

day: "We will not call anyone when the alarm goes off?" if you mean calling the premise to verify, I thought everybody does that.

Reply to
Joe

up or have cancelled the Verified Response program?

one day: "We will not call anyone when the alarm goes off?"

The term "verified response" is being used by municipalities that have a sensitive political flavor within the community. What it really means in "no response". They don't want their citizens to go ballistic. They will respond, but only after someone else goes first (guard company) and then calls if there is a problem, hence "verifying" prior to response.

There are more cities than you want to think about that have gone to some sort of verified response. SIAC has statistics about the crime rate question. If you talk to them, which I tend to lean towards their standing on the issue since they are joined at the hip with the IACP, they will tell you that crime has escalated dramatically in these cities. If you talk to the cities, again for political reasons, they will tell you every thing in great. It is great because they have cut their budget so they look like heroes while shuffling the paperwork to hide the rising crime rate.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

Probably few to none.

Much less busy than usual. The fact is police waste a lot of precious time responding to false alarms. The solution isn't to fight city hall but to find ways to reduce false dispatches. Verified response is one way to reduce false dispatches. The problem is it makes it almost impossible to catch anyone in the act.

Reply to
news.giganews.com

That is correct. However, over the years of gathering statistics from both sides, public pressure and with new local government administrations, there are those that are reconsidering their decission about going to verified response including Salt Lake City, which I believe was the first to go to VR.

There is no such thing as a false dispatch. Unnecessary dispatch maybe.

Not to mention putting the runners in harms way

Reply to
Bob Worthy

Agreed. I suspect it's mostly public pressure. They ignored or twisted the statistics when they decided to go with VR. They'll do the same thing while abandoning the policy.

I suspect you knew what I meant.

Naah. By the time a runner arrives the thief has left and the goods have already been pawned, not that the powers that be actually care either way.

Reply to
news.giganews.com

Yep

Yep

It only takes once

World is going to hell in a hand basket

Reply to
Bob Worthy

I knew there was something we could agree on. :)

Reply to
news.giganews.com

hell, whattaya need a cop for by then, just call your insurance agent.

Reply to
Joe

RHC: Here's one for the books, and this is a true story. Recently a local alarm dealer called the police when he heard a couple of kids breaking into his garage. As unbelievable as it sounds, they told him they had no squad car available, and he should just file a report the next morning. After he hung up, he thought about it for a bit, got angry, and then called 911. He said something to the effect ...:" there are a couple of thugs breaking into my garage, and you better get over here right away before they get shot"... Within a minute of two, there were FIVE squad cars at his home, cherries going, lighting up the neighborhood like a midway circus.

They caught the kids all right, then gave him a LOT of trouble over it. It seems he missed getting arrested for mischief, or some some charge, by the skin of his teeth....

You really have to wonder where their priorities lie......

Naah. By the time a runner arrives the thief has left and the goods have

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

Reply to
tourman

We had a break-in at a warehouse last week. We did everything we were contracted to...we dispatched pd, then called the building owner who told us to cancel dispatch and he was gonna go. He did, but he didn't go inside (good thing). He didn't notice the broken window because it was dark and he just drove around the outside of the building...then went home. At 8am the owner's partner calls in and is pissed because they got broken into and the police didn't go...hah! So I ran over there with my cs report, did a system check etc.

It really was a good thing the partner that responded did NOT go inside because the burglars were still inside.

Why did he cancel dispatch?...because he was afraid of false alarm fine. Bare in mind we've protected this place for 10 years now and we've NEVER had an unexplained false alarm...any we had were all user error.

I got to sell them a new exterior fire gong...idiot burlars ripped it down...red for fire.

SHEESH.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Actually, we agree on many things. I just don't find it necessary to comment on something you add to the NG in which I agree. It is when I don't agree with what you posts that I comment and that usually frost your balls.

>
Reply to
Bob Worthy

Hence, public pressure starts to rise and the revisiting of the city's ordinance becomes a reality.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

You're wrong again. I disagree with almost everything you post. I just don't bother saying so.

I couldn't care less what you think. As to my balls, you'll just have to guess. I'm not Olson so you're not likely to get near them.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Note to RHC: Maybe I "buried the hatchet" in the wrong place. :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

Let me see.... If I don't post, to that of which I agree, and you only disagree with what I do post, what is it that make me wrong? Further proof that you are naturally confrontational.

You couldn't care less what anyone thinks. Again, that is just your personality.

My guess is that you never had any until you found NG's.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

. =EF=BF=BDI just

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

My thoughts exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The bispecticled fat little kid who always volunteered for hall monitor duty, hiding behind teachers skirt.

Reply to
Jim

You're wrong because you assume we agree on lots of things. The only thing the above proves is that I don't usually respond when I think you're wrong and that you usually respond when you think I'm wrong. I do usually respond when you say somethig negative about me, my business or DIY in general. I just don't bother to respond on most other subjects because they're irrelavent to me.

As usual, you are wrong. I care a lot about what people who matter think. You're just not part of that subset.

Feel free to believe whatever makes you feel good about the way you behave. I bet you're nowhere near as rude to someone standing in front of you as you are in Usenet.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.