Changing the call list

I've run across this problem several times in the past, and have never found a fool proof method.

The alarm went off this morning. The owner's cell phone was called. He is fourth of fifth on the call list, yet nobody else was called. He's only 1000 miles away.

Problem 2 (now resolved because I moved). I was on the call list, and received calls for several years after I closed sold the business. I told them I would call the police if they continued calling me at 3:00am. They never stopped, until I moved.

Problem 3. They won't change the call list. They say they will, but the next time it goes off, they call the 'old' number again.

Three different companies.

Any ideas?

Reply to
Steve Foley
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
alarman

Instead of just telling the operator that calls you at 3 in the morning about the problem, do this instead. Call the alarm company in the morning during normal business hours. Ask for an EIS sheet (EIS= Emergency Information Sheet) If they don't call it by that name they will have a similar name and know what you're talking about. Ask them to FAX or mail it to you. Make a copy or two so you have at least one blank for future use. Fill out the form COMPLETELY. Send the filled in copy to the alarm company and save a filled in copy for your own records. Call the company and see if they received the copy. Ask when the information will be updated. Call the central station after that date and check all the information to make certain it was changed. This is a fool proof method.

Reply to
Roland

Thanks. I'll try that tomorrow morning.

Reply to
Steve Foley

Every CS I've ever dealt with required changes to call info to be in writing and signed. Something about legal liability.

Reply to
Stanley Barthfarkle

do every thing by paper..no real central station will take such modification by phone,if you keep on asking by the phone the result will be the same as saying nothing..

"Steve Foley" a écrit dans le message de news: DICmh.629902$ snipped-for-privacy@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...

Reply to
Petem

Send it in writing. We require any permanenet changes or new callers before exisitng callers changes to be in writing and signed.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.