AlarmFarce operators actually threaten the burglars...

?A Leamingotn area customer of ours just had his Alarmforce system installed yesterday. He called to say he already had a break-in today through a locked window. The intruder set off the Motion Sensor, and it appears that our 2-way voice operator in the Central Monitoring Station successfully voice threatened the burglar out before he had time to steal anything. Customer was contacted at home by us, and came to his business to see the smashed window, and that nothing was stolen."

"Voice threatened"??... "Attention Burglar. Go ahead, make my day"...

Reply to
Frank Olson
Loading thread data ...

you're an alarmfarce dealer now?

Reply to
Joe

Heh... Right!!

Reply to
Frank Olson

RHC: Sounds like a good tag line for a new AlarmFarce ad.......:)

Reply to
tourman

Unfortunately I didn't come up with it... I've heard that "finger lickin' good" is actually a registered trademark of KFC. There are a few other common phrases out there that you're actually infringing on someone's copyright by saying. When the new copyright law is introduced, I wonder if they're going to train special "police" to enforce it...

Reply to
Frank Olson

Maybe central stations should begin employing psychologist for operators. They could talk the burglar down, so that he felt bad about what he was doing, which would cause him to dial up 911 and turn himself in.

Reply to
Jim

Reminds me of the "Jesus is watching you" joke, but I'm sure you've heard it.

Reply to
Cwatters

Everyone remember this joke.. but now there is a new version of it...

Allah's watching you!

"Cwatters" a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion : snipped-for-privacy@posted.plusnet...

Reply to
Petem

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.