The latest Brinkle in my life

After more than a few rounds of email ping pong, my hosting provider (Mecca ehosting.ca) has decided that the latest revision of "Tech Help!" which I'm currently hosting at

formatting link
is far too "controversial" for them. They have given me twenty-four hours to remove it, or they'll cancel my account. I find it interesting that they are still unable to point out where I've violated their terms of service other than referencing Mr. Sableman's letter which also doesn't provide much in the way of information (although it is cleverly worded to "push" all the right "buttons").

I'm no longer hosting the program that was "banned" under the terms of the Injunction against Jim. That program was called "Tech Help Beta". The version that I am hosting makes no reference to "Brinks panels" what-so-ever. It does call them what they are and places them in the correct manufacturer's category (I don't see it as any different than the ADT panel cross-reference list Jim also provides in "Tech Help!").

Brinks still hasn't contacted me directly regarding this issue. The "prefer" to get to me through my hosting provider, which they no doubt view as the "weaker link" in all this. You see... it's much easier for a high powered lawyer like Mark Sableman to intimidate people in a company that knows nothing about security systems or how the industry "works". Once you start throwing words around like "TOS Violation", it raises a few hackles in *all* the right places.

Sableman appears bent on learning about "Canadian Justice" though, and I figure I'm just the guy to "teach" it to him.

Reply to
Frank Olson
Loading thread data ...

LOL. Gonna sue him in Canadian court?

Reply to
Bob La Londe

that was the fastest 24 hours i've ever seen.

Reply to
Group Host

it can it be found at

formatting link

Reply to
the hoople

LOL.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Where?

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Wow, looks like they shut you down.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I'm sure as heck not going to post my strategy in a public forum. And what, sir, is wrong with "Canadian Court"?

Reply to
Frank Olson

One to many "w's". It should read

formatting link

Reply to
Frank Olson

Whoops! Too many "w's". That should read

formatting link

Reply to
Frank Olson

Frank... Your hosting service provider doesn't have any backbone whatsoever... I think I'd start looking for someone else to host my site...

Reply to
Russell Brill

Jim's "panicked" at first too.

I think I'd start looking for someone else to host my site...

I figure it's a bit "early" in the game to start looking. Mecca has my answer and they'll no doubt chew it over now. I don't want to get into a game of "whack-a-mole (or website tag)" with Sableman. Here's their email to me earlier:

Tech-Help Release 11/2007 By Jim Rojas at Tech-Man.com be taken down immediately. At this time we will provide you a 24 hour period to have the subject remove or the hosting account will be suspended. Until the legal action has be resolve, we kindly ask you to remove Tech-Help Release 11/2007 By Jim Rojas at Tech-Man.com until further notice

will be willing to refund the portion of the service that was not use back to you.

And here's my response:

Version ?B? presently on the site has absolutely NO BRINKS panels it at all. It is revised from the original Tech Help Beta. I had requested Mr. Rojas remove any material which might give offense to Brinks or the Texas Federal Court in order to ensure full compliance with the Injunction and no further actions either against myself or Mecca. Jim Rojas OWNS the software and has given me full permission to host it as you now see it. Please rest assured there is nothing in this version of Tech Help that is the least bit offensive or violates any copyright or intellectual property right. If you wish to discuss this with me further, you may call me at ***

Reply to
Frank Olson

Good.

Nothing, I was just thinking about the legal wrangling across international boundaries.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

It seems that your monthly payment to your ISP is not enough to risk them suffering a legal bill of several thousand dollars for protecting your interests. And I hear this guy may not like SLAPP suits? Seems like he could teach a fat sack like me a few things about throwing his weight around. After all, it is only about winning at this point. I don't think these guys are looking for any lessons, especially on subject they seem to care little about, things like fairness and justice for instance. I think that you'll be forced into taking some expensive and onerous actions against Stinks to push this any further. Someone really has their teeth in this one, and is looking to really chew things up. Brinks like all things has its share of enemies. I assume they know who those enemies are and don't think there is much harm the enemies can do. If you try and face Brinks by yourself you might not last as long as poor Jim did. I strongly suggest getting some help form as many quarters as you can. I don't think these guys are going to be happy with just shutting down your access to an ISP to host your site. I would expect more trouble with them than just this. A little offense here might be a good defense.

Reply to
Just Looking

Right on Frank! Our Canadian Cousin Might just be the guy to Teach the Mr. Four-eyed Comb-over a thing about the issue! Go Git 'EM Frank! And.... No, Mr Brinky Jerkoff I AM NOT NOMEN NESCIO nor JIM"S SOCK PUPPET!

Frank Ols> After more than a few rounds of email ping pong, my hosting provider

Reply to
secure15

See...all it takes is; a lot of money, an accusation, and esq. after yer name to intimidate.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

formatting link
Carol Anne Rolf, Executive Director Strategic Planning and Legislation Office Ministry of Attorney General PO Box 9283 Stn Prov Govt Victoria BC V8W 9J7 Phone 250 356-5157

Reply to
Roland Moore

Heh. "Wrangling" aside, he might be able to "write off" a couple of "visits" to Vancouver.

Reply to
Frank Olson

I'm beginning to wonder if perhaps "they" aren't exercising a little "intimidation" here, too. Seems to me that they had plenty of time to provide me with the name of their legal council. And they still haven't detailed the supposed TOS violation.

According to the definition, this doesn't qualify as a "SLAPP". I'm not a member of any environmental movement (that I know of), or aboriginal group. I drive a 2007 Aviator. I fill the sucker before I leave Maple Ridge and fill it again when I get to Vancouver. I figure I'm a major contributor to green-house gas.

ISTR you've only got a 40 inch waist. That's not "fat" in my book.

He's already "won" against Jim.

I think Mark may have lost his way (or strayed from the path a bit). Seems all that money Brinks has at their disposal has a numbing effect on the "fairness and justice" lobe of his brain...

Actually, it won't be all that expensive. There are some filing fees and court costs, but I figure they're recoverable.

And I have the "dental appliance" to really gum things up. :-)

I don't think Brinks has ever had the kind of enema I intend to give them...

Well... there's "enemas", and then there's the kind that just make you want to "evacuate" everything... Remember that scene in "The Right Stuff"?

????

I've got the support of my family and a number of others.

So far, that's ALL they've been able to threaten me with. All based on innuendo, false claims, and lies. Sableman has yet to respond to my email. Maybe his "spam filter" had something to do with it. I intend to follow up via FAX on Monday.

My thoughts exactly.

Reply to
Frank Olson

I think that Brinks legal council is thinking ten to fifteen moves ahead of everyone here. Additionally Brinks has been the one running the legal show so far. Since no one has squared off with Brinks and done a good discovery motion, no one has seen what this guy's strategy really is. I don't know if he has thwarted some cottage industry of renegade alarm dealers picking off Brinks accounts and reprogramming them or not. He could have some bigger payday in mind by hitting the monitoring stations etc. for participation in all this. Generally when a guy like this gets involved, there is a bigger payday in mind than anyone posting here could offer him. There was no need to go thermonuclear and roast Jim in court. I am sure he has worked with bigger egos in his time and could have crafted a solution that Brinks and Jim could live with. Brinks has the skill and power to hammer someone like Jim, but not the wisdom to know it's not in their long term interests to make such a bloodthirsty move? Not likely. It still doesn't make any sense to me.

I wasn't talking about a literal SLAPP suit. However the concept is similar enough. Once Jim wasn't playing ball, Brinks heads into Federal court with all its associated expense. It certainly is having the same effect on your ISP as a SLAPP suit would.

My son and my doctor disagree unfortunately.

Technically yes, but Jim hasn't yelped his last bark and admitted defeat. It seems he sees this as just a setback of sorts.

I think the fairness and justice gene was breed out some time long before law school.

It will be easy for Brinks to gin up the costs on your end. I think you shooting in the dark since you really don't fully understand with absolute certainty what his goals are. To Brinks you may be a minor form of collateral damage.

If you found gold or won the lotto I am sure you could hire him away from Brinks. If that isn't that case, I doubt there is much that you can do to be anything beyond annoyance and minor distraction. The idea that you'll recover legal costs is a dicey one at best.

I think Brinks has the key to the elevator.

I was suggesting that you have other allies that feel in some way threaded by Brink's actions. Again, not knowing exactly what he is up to is not helpful in lining up additional help.

Perhaps sending something to the head of Brinks and then getting your lawyer to send a copy to legal council for Brinks may be more effective to see what level the interest is in all this. It may be that a phone call from the top causes the plug to get yanked on all this.

Reply to
Roland Moore

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.