Reply to
mrmonavie22
Loading thread data ...

Big deal i have been using wireless contacts to protect outside stuff for years

Reply to
nick markowitz

"When Every Second Counts!"

???

Really? Then why are you finally setting the alarm off once the car has already been broken into, started, and is now rolling out of the driveway? There's quite a few seconds in there, somewhere around 90 I believe.

Either way, does anyone know what this thing is actually doing? Pressure switch, photocell blocked by a tire, etc.??? And it appears to be wireless, which would be an issue since it "integrates economically with any standard home or building security system by functioning as a standard zone."

Reply to
CH®IS

It would be nice if the website included some details about the product. With what's there it's impossible to tell if this thing is something useful or junk. The site says it's at ADI but it doesn't appear to be in the Adonis database.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I just saw a flyer in a motorcycle shop yesterday my friend told me adi will be droping the specs this week but the part # is gs-autocont. and you can put any kind of transmiter in it for any panel. .

Reply to
mrmonavie22

I just found a link on youtube

formatting link

Reply to
mrmonavie22

I don't know how it shows up on other web browsers, but on firefox the site is poorly presented. I would say it looks like it was done by a child, but most kids I know have much better skills than that.

Reply to
JoeRaisin

Wow! At $135 dealer cost, it had better be made of heavy guage, stainless steel.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:043eb0bb-ff62-4112-9c78-61e28ffe3227 @h23g2000vbc.googlegroups.com:

Interesting concept, though I think that it would really have limited practical uses.

If a customer was that worried about someone stealing something on wheels, I would probably suggest something more like the DeWalt mobilelock system. It will warn you that it has been moved and track it also.

Reply to
motley me

Reply to
mrmonavie22

Reply to
mrmonavie22

Reply to
mrmonavie22

Reply to
mrmonavie22

Looks fine on my Firefox

Reply to
mleuck

An excellent product

Reply to
mleuck

Perhaps it is because I keep my text size bigger than normal. Old eyes...

The text extends out of its designated spaces.

Reply to
JoeRaisin

That's just poor HTML work. The web is full of badly coded sites. That doesn't mean the product is bad -- or good -- though.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

To my mind it is part and parcel of selling. If the person can't be bothered to put a little effort in creating his website, how much effort was put into vetting the products sold on that site?

My kid has friends who've dropped out of school who can create a better looking web page.

It is (IMHO) just like a person on another forum I participate on who tries to present an argument based on his level of education and intellect but his posts are rife with spelling errors and punctuation is practically non-existent.

Takes away from the credibility.

Remember - you only have one chance to make a first impression.

Reply to
JoeRaisin

Oh please, While I don't care much for all flash sites I find it fairly simple and informative and if there is a question it seems easy enough to click on the Contact button like I did

Reply to
mleuck

I emailed and called him today and was sent more information, it's both hardwire and wireless. My local ADI had none in stock yet, around $150

Reply to
mleuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.