Suggestion for box where alarm monitoring failovers from landline to cell phone - when landline is cut.

John here is the paragraph in a contract that would limit you working/modifying your system. This is what is in my contract and I'm sure a company as large as Slomin's has the same thing. Read your contract.

"Warranty does not cover any damage to material or equipment caused by accident, misuse, attempted or unaurthorized repair, service, modification or improper installation by anyone other than XYZ company.XYZ company shall not be liable for consequential damages. "

Robert Bass is a trouble maker and has disrupted this group for years. He's a felon, is responsible for someones death and regularly lies cheats and misleads end users that come to this group so that he can sell them equipment.

Reply to
Jim
Loading thread data ...

Obviously, you have no understanding of contract law. I studied business law for several years. I've also read numerous alarm monitoring contracts.

There's the whole crux of the matter. We both know that it's easy to do this stuff. You and your idiot pals routinely insist that by making a simple connection to the phone line and the alarm the customer's contract will be vacated, his insurance will be voided, his house will explode, his wife will eave him and/or his dog will die.

It's all about keeping customers from realizing that they don't need your over-priced, incompetent help to do what they can easily do for themselves.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

As usual, Mugford is trying to mislead and misconstrue. He says I killed someone as though that was in the commission of a crime. What he's referring to is the fact that I was involved in an auto accident 38 years ago. Someone died. No charges were ever filed. It was a tragedy and it's my burden to bear. Mugford knows this though he regularly lies about it.

You wouldn't have any.

Nothing these idiots can say will make me any more nor any less sad over that tragic day. I was 19 years old and way too tired to be driving. No drugs. No alcohol. Just exhaustion from having driven all night. She was a friend. Her husband remained a friend long afterward.

You can try, like Mugford, Olson, the Matamoron and several others here have repeatedly done to twist that into a "murder" or you can let it go. What you say about it in future, now that you know the truth, will determine what kind of human being you are. We already know what king of lowlife, lying sacks of garbage Leuck, Olson and Mugford are.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

industry to add cellular backup?

a "point" that has nothing to do with the post

The thread is about the OP's need for cellular backup. I responded to that.

And now he wants to buy something else for which he is not under contract with Slomins.

And yet here he is looking for information about cellular backups. I answered his question. You're busy trying to turn that inti something else.

I've read their standard contract. I doubt you'd understand it.

Wrong again. You don't even understand what it means to "void" a contract.

The contract which you ever on my website was actually the central station's contract, not mine. It was in fact originally written by the top alarm indusry law firm in the US. Oh, wait. I forgot. You have never worked in the US. Your parents fled the country decades ago, carrying you with them.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

guess you're safe.

That would violate the terms of your parole, you're not allowed to touch a firearm. Right?

I can keep this thread going for years if I choose, you however will be worm food in a few months. Sweet dreams.

Reply to
G. Morgan

law for several years. I've also read numerous alarm

And yet you come to the conclusion the alarm company is liable to about $250, wrong!

this stuff. You and your idiot pals routinely insist that

customer's contract will be vacated, his insurance will be voided,

Yes, only a fool would say otherwise

Entirely possible

over-priced, incompetent help to do what they can easily

You might not have noticed but he never mentioned how much it would cost if Slomins' did the work

Reply to
Mark Leuck

someone as though that was in the commission of a crime.

38 years ago. Someone died. No charges were ever filed.

regularly lies about it.

Don't forget to mention the Florida conviction for assault on a relative with a gun in 1979

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Like I said before, you are totally disingenuous. You know as well as I that standard alarm company monitoring contracts -- virtually all of them -- include a limitation of liability clause which says that in the event they are held liable for any customer losses the alarm company's maximum liability shall be $250 or one year's monitoring fees, whichever is lesser. The precise amount varies but that is the gist of it. This has been discussed in ASA hundreds of times over the years and you have participated in those threads.

At this stage we're talking about the reason you lie, not his questions. I answered him correctly. You lied.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Wrong on two counts. It was a stranger and the "gun" was a non-working replica. The information in a private website which you accessed was and is wrong. You've relied on that erroneous information for years. The event in question happened about 30 years ago. Care to explain what it has to do with the OP's question?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

replica. The information in a private website which you

for years. The event in question happened about 30 years

First you claim no gun was involved, now its a non-working replica. the story continues to evolve. Spin it all you want it is Florida's record and because of it you cannot install security systems in most states.

And if you note this was a reply to your message to G Morgan which also had nothing to do with the OP's question

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Of the individuals that post here regularly, Mark is one of the most upstanding and helpful I know. Unlike you, he's never lied or plagiarized someone else's work.

that in the event they are held liable for any customer

monitoring fees, whichever is lesser. The precise amount

times over the years and you have participated in

Yes, it has. There was a similar "limitation clause" in Chubb's contract, yet when a customers premise burned down and the alarm failed to notify the station, they were held liable for significant damages

*over and above* the so-called "limitation".

All of the individuals *in the trade* that post here are either owners, managers, or employees of alarm companies. Alarm companies (in most states and provinces) need to be licensed, bonded and *insured*. When I say "insured", that means they carry a significant amount of liability coverage (usually on the order of 5 million dollars, but that amount increases depending on the type of work they're involved in). From your statement concerning "limitation of liability", I take it you've never carried liability insurance, errors and omissions, or failure to perform. You've relied entirely on the "$250.00 limitation clause" in your contract to protect your ass. You're a moron, Bass, and I for one am very glad that you no longer run (or are involved in) an alarm installation/service company. There are far too many "trunkers" out there as it is and one less is all for the better.

answered him correctly. You lied.

Interesting how you've managed to divert this thread with a few well placed "snips", isn't it?

Reply to
Frank Olson

So you assaulted a complete stranger with a replica gun and in your mind that's acceptable, "oh it was only a stranger and it wasn't a real gun", I'm sure that was some comfort to the terrified victim of your assault, and you have the front to moralise and call others "lowlife, lying sacks of garbage"

Doug

Reply to
Doug

With some nonsense about doing his own installation and service when he's under contract to Slomins.

You're an idiot Bass. The part he wants to purchase/install is connected to alarm equipment which (to our knowledge) he might not even own. Here you go "jumpin' in" with more DIY nonsense where you have no business going.

his question. You're busy trying to turn that inti

Nope. You did that when you started "snipping" Mark's response to yours.

You quite obviously haven't. You're "surmising" (or sermonizing - take your pick).

Actually, after having read yours, I doubt very seriously you were ever "in the trade".

I understand perfectly well that there are "terms and conditions" each party to a contract agree to. Here are "a few" worth noting:

"The Subscriber shall forthwith notify *** of any structural alteration or any other modification which might affect the Alarm System or the operation thereof. Any alteration of the Alarm System which may thereby become necessary shall be made by *** at the Subscriber?s expense."

"No repairs, replacements and adjustments shall be made to the Alarm System by any person other than a duly authorized representative of ***."

"The Subscriber shall report to *** immediately any defects in the Alarm System."

"If the Subscriber shall fail to make any payment hereunder as and when the same becomes due and payable or shall breach any of the covenants and obligations on the Subscriber?s part contained herein or if the Subscriber should become bankrupt or make an assignment for the benefit of creditors or if the Subscriber should vacate the Premises then in each case all amounts payable hereunder until the expiration of the current term of the Agreement shall immediately become due and payable and *** may, at its option and without prejudice to such other rights as it may then have, enter into the Premises and remove the Alarm System and such removal shall not in any way affect the Subscriber?s obligation to pay as herein set out; provided that in any such case *** shall have the option to terminate this Agreement by giving notice in writing of termination to the Subscriber."

contract, not mine. It was in fact originally written

That figures. Why do you think it took them so long to recognize that you were selling their services illegally?? I note that you're no longer "pushing" NEXTALARM. I feel sorry for the people at "911". They have no clue as to whom they're dealing with.

Oh, wait. You forget frequently. You don't know me and wouldn't know whether I've worked in the US or not.

Now wouldn't you say you're being a tad "disingenuous" with that last remark?

Reply to
Frank Olson

What did yours do, flee and leave you behind

Doug

Reply to
Doug

Now that's news to me. In our one and only telephone conversation you never once mentioned the gun was a "replica". In fact, ISTR you told me it *wasn't loaded*. Be that as it may, the mere fact that you pulled it out and made threat to use it is completely unacceptable. You "got off" lucky with "five years probation".

years. The event in question happened about 30 years

Care to explain how it is you seem to think your "shilling" for your on line store every chance you get is even remotely acceptable? When's the last time you read the FAQ?

Reply to
Frank Olson

Hey Doug! You don't sound like you were too much fun in your early years. How did you ever manage to learn any good pistol whipping techniques without a few fake handguns around? I have learned plenty with them myself. I haven't been able to talk the Boy Scouts into making it a merit badge kind of thing yet, but I always get a big group of folks really interested when I show off my stuff at the Klan rallies! You sound just like most so called normal folks that think the value of a replica gun is nothin' other than a stage prop.You have really overlooked all the good stuff you can do with a fake gun Here's just a couple of examples. Besides lookin' like a real bad ass carrying one, you can count on one for gettin' rid of sass. Boy I mean to say once they start spittin' teeth, all that sass seems to go away right with them teeth. If you get a big bucket or two of those fake guns then its makes it no big deal to toss one out after each use. You know, that way the clean up is easy. No scalp hair, blood, bits of teeth and dentures and all that other bodily fluids stuff to have to mess with cleanin' up. And talk about "sacks of garbage" , since I am a nice guy myself I just go throw the used ones the Good Will donation box and let someone else get some use out of it. Yes I know I really don't have to do that, but that is just the kind of guy I am. But I wonder sometimes if the cops don't get to them first. You know every time I drop off a big batch of used guns seems the cops are always hangin' around that box for the next day or two. They pretend they're busy puttin' yellow tape around the box and such. I bet they're just tryin' to to get lucky and get more free. Well let me finish here. I think I understand the goin' after a stranger thing more than you do. And after all once you have got all the sass out of the women and kids at the house, or put 'em in the hospital or in a shelter somewhere givin' them a teatment for somethin' else thats wrong with 'em, who else can you go after but a stranger? Guess you just don't have your thinkin' just right yet. Since I can't do it for you, get one and slap your own self upside the head with it And do it you get your mind right or lose it tryin' by god. See it just don't ever stop 'cause that's one more thing they're good for I just thought up.

"Doug" wrote in message news:WPs_g.5980$gM1.4742@fed1read12...

Reply to
Roland Moore

Roland,

Does the term verbal diarrhea mean anything to you, instead of producing a mini series you could have said

"Doug, you're a boring old fart now, you were probably a miserable bastard as a kid and you f***ed up by not realising how much fun fake guns can be"

and I thought RHC was long winded.

Oh, and I'm still in my early years.

Doug

Reply to
Doug

Like the Cenozoic era. js

Reply to
alarman

Well when I was I kid and couldn't find anything else fun to do I always played with myself. That didn't sound right, did it? As far as getting older goes I am probably young enough to not worry about a good number one or two every day. So verbal diarrhea now would be like two in one.

Reply to
Roland Moore

That is true. A replica is not a gun. It only looks like a gun.

It's all a matter of public record. If you really want to know the facts, you can write to the Polk County court. They still maintain records, even 30 years later.

I installed in CT for 24 years since then, with the full knowledge of the Ct licensing board. I've sold my installation company and have no further interest in installing for a living. It would require a major pay cut. However, according to Florida statute, if I actually did wish to persue a carreer as an installer, I could do so.

Cracker has nothing to do with anything. He's of no significance to me, you or anyone else.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.