t-moble sim to dsc 1500 alarm

Is there a was to add a cell phone to a dcs1500, just to call my cell phone no communicating? I have the alarm doing this with my cell with caller I D. I see where there making something over seas. That can be tripped by the siren, just to dial a number.

Reply to
Al
Loading thread data ...

I have this alarm dialing my cell phone via a land line. I want to add a way to dial out via cell, no monitoring just a call to a caller i d ed cell phone

Reply to
Al

Its easy but requires Testor's model cement, a soldering iron and the scematics of the cell phone

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Just hook your cell phone's alarm input to the alarm communicator's output terminals. (You will probably need to open the cell phone to find the proper terminals, unless you have one of the newer models.) Then program your alarm panel for cellular auto-dial format, and put the code 757634 into the account number slot.

Good luck!

Reply to
alarman

and an old soda can, two clothes pins and a partridge in a pear tree

Reply to
Crash Gordon

There used to be a unit available that would do this, but it's "analog". I'm not certain there's a unit out there that would do what you want without having to tie into a monitoring agreement with an alarm dealer.

Reply to
Frank Olson

You forgot to mention a smoldering fire and a wet blanket.

Reply to
Roland Moore

The account code should be 634757 for auto-dial cell format. Geeze...

Reply to
G. Morgan

Ahh the McGyver method, I forgot abut that one

Reply to
Mark Leuck

USP makes some limited products to attach a cell phone to the alarm system.. (see link)

formatting link
Sorry to see so many "other" alarm persons giving you such a childish collection of answers.

Come on guys DIY people need a little help sometimes "TOO".

RTS

28 years in electronics security
Reply to
RockyTSquirrel

That's in the other froup:

alt.security.cheap.ass.bastards.diy

Reply to
G. Morgan

D'OH!

Reply to
alarman

Where's the part where you also text "big hooters"?

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Not available on the 1500. He'll need to upgrade the panel and keypads.

Reply to
alarman

Reply to
Russell Brill

Only on the GE panels.

Reply to
alarman

Reply to
Russell Brill

I just realized that when that 1500 goes into runaway (and it will), he'll have a hell of a cell bill

Reply to
Mark Leuck

You mean 867-5309

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I can't believe I typed a "1" instead of a "9"........... Duh........

Reply to
Russell Brill

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.