Tangled up Over DSL - Some Cell Phone Users Demand to Stand

formatting link
Some Cell Phone Users Demand to Stand Alone

By JOHN C. ROPER Copyright 2005 Houston Chronicle

A growing number of U.S. consumers are cutting the cord on traditional home telephone service, choosing instead to exclusively use cell phones.

But many of these consumers have found ditching their land-line phone service, and its accompanying cost, isn't possible if they want speedy DSL, or digital subscriber line, Internet service in their homes.

Providers such as SBC Communications require customers to buy residential phone service to have access to their broadband lines, a tactic consumer advocacy groups say is unfair.

Full story at:

formatting link
How to Distribute VoIP Throughout a Home:
formatting link
If you live in Michigan, subscribe to the MI-Telecom group:
formatting link
[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: I think I read somewhere -- maybe here in the Digest -- where SBC was going to bite the bullet also and begin offering 'naked DSL'. Fact or fiction? Personally, I would say that _whenever possible_ people just ditch telco and go with cable internet. PAT]

Reply to
Jack Decker
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.