Stay\Away not working and grayed out

I have a GEM P9600 security panel. All 3 of my keypads are GEM-K1CA. I am using the quickloader software to configure. I can't get the stay\\away feature to work. That is even though I have the wanted motion detectors on interior bypass they are still active when arming with the stay button. When I look in the quickloader program under, Keypad assignments - Keypad Features there is an option: Enable Stay/Away Mode

This option is grayed out (though checked) - is this normal ??? And how do I ungray it? Or what the heck am I doing wrong?

Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.\\

Thanks Steve

Reply to
TheAberdeenKid
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
I brive a dus

Installing a security system is offered as a comprehensive 2 hour telephone course free to "qualified individuals" (in other words anyone with a "Visa" or "Mastercard"). You do have to contend with answering machines, and email "auto responders", but all that's not "rocket science". As the OP will discover, "security" takes patience. You have to be patient as Bass searches through all those manuals and the Sentrol Application Handbook for timely installation "tips".

Reply to
Frank Olson

I appreciate that. But I did not become a DIY'er security alarm installer on purpose. The "professional" I hired designed the system and layout, got the hardware, ran the wires, but then never came back to install the system. Then any other pro I called wouldn't come in to set it up because I already had the hardware and monitoring contract. So I was pretty much screwed into do it myself.

Reply to
TheAberdeenKid

Hence why I come here and post to you all.....because you are so helpful and non-condescending.

Reply to
TheAberdeenKid

Really? Hey guys! You missed one!

Reply to
Bob La Londe

WHAT?

You already had the hardware and MONITORING CONTRACT?? What the hell are you doing programming it then?

And that IS correct, no pro would interfere with another company's contract (intentionally) - nor would they work on another's install unless authorized to do so by the monitoring/installing company.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Call and I'll try to help you out.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

It's about time you showed up. Where were you? Making hambergers?

Reply to
Roger W

We are not your tech support

Reply to
Mark Leuck

No... He's been making changes to his sig line. He must keep the phone company pretty happy. Changes numbers more often than Heidi Fleiss changes her sheets (I know - I used this one before, but I just can't help myself).

Reply to
Frank Olson

Reply to
I brive a dus

Oh sorry, i guess it was all the other newbe questions you seem to answer with no problems that threw me off...

Reply to
TheAberdeenKid

Reply to
I brive a dus

I have no sense of entitlement, I'm not sure how my first message conveyed that. If you care to know, I have been a member of this board since 2005. And its been about two years since my last post. In between I took the time and worked what problems out I had myself. So I'm not sure how I feel entitled to your help.

Reply to
TheAberdeenKid

We are tech support to those other people

Reply to
Mark Leuck

It's sad he never learned to do anything but hate before his untimely death. If I believed in karma I'd say he brought it upon himself with the vicious things he said when I got cancer. But that theory doesn't hold water since Cracker and Jiminex are still around. Needless to say, neither of them will be missed any more than the MM when they go.

Hmm. On second thought, Cracker will be missed if only for the comedy he unintentionally provides. He's like the three stooges rolled into one and combined with the fourth Marx brother, Warpo.

So how are you doing, you crusty old fart?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Wrong. He built an online store that rivals yours (in page rank which you think is so awfully important). He's also got fewer complaints, but then facts never concern you, do they?

You don't "believe" in anything but yourself and your twisted view of the world. You are such a vicious bastard.

Reply to
Frank Olson

bass said: It's sad he never learned to do anything but hate before his untimely death.

Well then, you shouldn't have pissed him off.

Don't flatter yourself. People die when its their time.The whole world does not revolve around you. :-)

Reply to
Roger W

Too bad you won't be here to find out, mmmm...dead man?

I do what I can :)

What - you think you two are buddies now because you sent him a check?

Reply to
G. Morgan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.