Simplex 4004 fire panel

I have a customer who is changing all their systems over to me (monitoring)

One is a Simplex 4004. Anybody know where I can get a progreamming manual? Has anyone had a similar problem with Simplex panels? I

Reply to
Paul Brewington
Loading thread data ...

my experience with Simplex is for you to rip it out and replace it with whatever type of panel you like. You'll have less headaches down the road and your customer will see the advantages with the change. RTS

22 years installer/owner
Reply to
Rocky_T_Squirrel, Esq.

Is Simplex as protected as it used to be in the olden days?

| > One is a Simplex 4004. Anybody know where I can get a progreamming | > manual? Has anyone had a similar problem with Simplex panels? | > I | | Simplex programming manuals won't do you much good unless you also happen to | know the access code... | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon®

eh..I don't do commercial fire anymore...too much of a bother.

Reply to
Crash Gordon®

Simplex programming manuals won't do you much good unless you also happen to know the access code...

Reply to
Frank Olson

Heh... that depends... We've never had a problem with obtaining information on any panel. I can also "crack" passwords on some.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Frank,

CAN YOU TELL ME WHERE TO GET A MANUAL? The company monitoring this system now is not Simplex. They must have got a manual somewhere. Thanks Paul

NOTE: Tried to send you an email but it wouldn' go.

Reply to
paulctr

Sounds like the voice of experience. Probably what I will do.

Reply to
Paul Brewington

Looks like Simplex has got people over a barrell!!

Reply to
Paul Brewington

feolson at shaw dot ca (remove the "cdn"). No spaces. And I can't supply you with a manual (or even a copy). It would violate my confidentiality agreement with Simplex/Grinnell.

I'm assuming Simplex has installed a DACT to communicate alarms and troubles to their CS. If the customer is cancelling their service, Simplex would probably want to do take out the DACT anyway since the panel will continue to transmit signals to their CS. Disconnecting the DACT or removing it will cause the main panel to go into trouble. After Simplex removes it (and the associated supervisory programming), then install an independent third party UL (or ULC) listed communicator and tie it into the "alarm", "trouble", and "supervisory" contacts. If any of those are being used, you can connect a DTDP relay and accomplish the same thing.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.