Sanity Check Please

About ready to help someone upgrade their system. They want to try: DSC Power832 (or maybe an Power864) Hybrid config SkyRoute AlarmRelay service Saw it all at NorcoAlarms/HomeSecurityStore.

Any advice/suggestions/warnings?

Thanks!

Reply to
SiliconSmell
Loading thread data ...

Just some advice... Read the "freakin'" manual!!! :-))

You have to be a dealer to set up a SkyRoute account. That means you also have to have a CS to call out to.

Reply to
Frank Olson

I'm looking at Tellular's new TG-7 digital unit, as the Skyroute units will all go down when the AMPS network goes away. This may not happen right away, but cell carriers will no longer be required to support the analog system after February, 2008. I would expect the clock to start ticking then.

Anybody have any experience with these units?

formatting link
js

Reply to
alarman

Yep,

I have one in service, seems to work fine... Hasn't missed test reports, or done any weird thing... Look for the TG-4 in September/October, it's the Residential version priced around the low to mid $200 range........ Regards, Russ

Reply to
Russell Brill

Thanks for all the info. The demise of AMPS being an issue for an alarm had not occurred to me, GSM would be a good idea longevity-wise.

Reply to
SiliconSmell

Other devices besides alarm cellular backups use those channels as well so I doubt it will be going away anytime soon

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.