reverse image on CCD Camera Prob

I bought a Board Camera that says Mirror Image. The image is backwards on it. By the description on the box I'm starting to get the backwards picture of the problem. Does anyone know how these are used or a way to turn the picture around mirrors or any other way. The picture quality is superb on the camera inspite of the reverse image. Thanks in advance David

Reply to
<noweldrecumbent2
Loading thread data ...

Back up cameras.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Reply to
Noweldrecumbent

See if there are any dip switches on it. It might be reversible.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Cross out the word Mirror, it should be normal from then on

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Reply to
<noweldrecumbent2

I doubt if its the lens. Its cheaper to make a slight tweak to the electronics than to tool up to make a special small production lens.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Neither. It's in the main circuit board. The chips are standard -- no reason to reinvent the wheel just to invert an image since it's trivial to do it on the board.

If you're still having trouble perhaps it was sold, designed or installed incorrectly. Contact me and I'll send one of my DIY customers from your area to help you get it working right. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

you mean; get it working left

| Bass Home Electronics | 941-925-8650 | 4883 Fallcrest Circle | Sarasota · Florida · 34233 |

formatting link
| =============================>

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I'm presuming that you bought the camera knowing that it was a Mirror Image camera (?). If so, it's obviously specially designed to be used in a device that uses a mirror. Perhaps some clandestine type of camera device.

As mentioned, some cameras come with dip switches and "mirror image" is an option you can choose.

If you didn't want the Mirror Image camera and this is just what they sent you, and you can't change it and it not going to work for your application, why not find out if you can return it in exchange for a standard camera?

Reply to
Jim

Reply to
Noweldrecumbent

Are you saying that left is correct? :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

As someone else said, it's probably a backup camera. We sell them for use on motor homes.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

sometimes left is right, other times right is right

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Unfortunately, the Shrub is almost never right (as in correct) though he is consistently right (as in wing nut). The funny thing is that lately true conservatives are coming out (not as in Foley coming out) against Bush because he is *not* by any stretch conservative.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

And while two wrongs may not make a right, three rights do make a left...

Reply to
Matt Ion

True, but three lefts make a quorum.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Also, two Wrights make an airplane!

Reply to
Matt Ion

I give up. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.