Remote car start via phone?

Are you an idiot? Starting the engine of a car with an automatic transmission DOES warm up the transmission also... look it up - start with "torque converter".

JD

mikey wrote:

Reply to
John Durbin
Loading thread data ...

JD,

Go back and reread the first line of my post, starting with "Out of curiosity". Chill out man, I am not a gearhead, I was simply asking a question.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

John......John......John,

Calling people idiots will only put you in a special category, here in this NG, labeled "RBL and his thousands of new found friends". You will last longer if you don't make that file.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

Likely he doesn't realize he's cross posting.

Reply to
Jim

I'm sure the engine warms up everything connected to it sooner or later. My postion is that everything should warm up at the same RATE. Not a good idea to have a warm motor pushing a cold car, wheel bearings, axle, dif, tranny, whatever. If it's too difficult a concept for you to grasp, that would make you the idiot. Torque converter? hahaha, well, at least you can spell it.

JD

mikey wrote:

Reply to
mikey

What. The only thing I can think of good, is warm tires, and you can't warm them up just sitting there.

I did mention a cople of times, my transmission opperates much better after the initial warm up procedure, just idling in the driveway.

greg

Reply to
GregS

So either you take off right away so you have a COLD motor pushing a cold drivetrain, or you let the thing warm up for half an hour.

I see no logic at all to your "position". WHY is it "not a good idea to have a warm motor pushing a cold car, etc..."?

My answer to ALL this silliness is again to point out that almost every modern car manufacturer recommends a start-and-go procedure and not allowing the car to warm up more than 30 seconds in normal circumstances... seems to me they know a damn site more about how their products will best respond than any of the pundits in these groups.

Reply to
Matt Ion

i wonder how many of the executives of the car companies have remote start??

greg

Reply to
GregS

So either you take off right away so you have a COLD motor pushing a cold drivetrain, or you let the thing warm up for half an hour.

I see no logic at all to your "position". WHY is it "not a good idea to have a warm motor pushing a cold car, etc..."?

My answer to ALL this silliness is again to point out that almost every modern car manufacturer recommends a start-and-go procedure and not allowing the car to warm up more than 30 seconds in normal circumstances... seems to me they know a damn site more about how their products will best respond than any of the pundits in these groups.

Your answer is the same as mine. I might go a step further and suggest warming the fluids is a good idea, certainly better than idling the motor but I'm saying the same thing, start everything working at the same time, take off, just take it easy and all gets warmed up at about the same rate.. but then again, its JUST AN OPINION.

Reply to
mikey

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.