Re: 832 power trouble - low batt. error again.

ooops sorry... thought nobody answered this guy

What do you mean continuously? Does the low battery restore and then fault > again? > Old building? What's the electricity like? I wonder if the panel maybe > doesn't have enough > to work with and can't keep the batteries above the 11.8V (or whatever) > threshold > > > have a power 832 system that I worked on a eight months ago. The > > system worked fine for 3 months then gave a low battery error > > continuously. I changed the battery thinking the battery might have > > gone bad (old battery). That didn't solve the problem. I had heard > > of the bridge going bad on 832's and giving that error falsely. I > > had them order a new board and I replaced it yesterday. The error went > > > > away. Today I checked in to make sure everything was good and the > > trouble light was on again. I checked it and sure enough it said > > "Low Battery". I have tried two batteries and two boards now. The > > non-profit that I am helping with this can't really afford to keep > > buying parts. Anyone know what might be causing this mess? They have > > a dial in module, printer module, and autodialer all on the system. > > Might the devices be drawing too much power from the system ? Someone > > recommended a bigger battery, but I wouldn't think that would solve it > > since the power is not going out. This happens when the system is > > plugged in and no power event have occured. Thanks all. > > > >
Reply to
mikey
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.