Radionics D9133DC serial port specs

Greetings I have a 9412G panel installed in my place. I am considering getting a hold of a D9133DC module so I can hook it into my PC via a serial port for potential automation purposes in the future. I understand that not only can you use the serial port for reporting, you can also do arming, disarming, user management, reporting and some other cool stuff. I am want to know what kind of data I can get out of the serial port and how I need to do it. I called Bosch and they made it sound like they *might* give me the specifications on the protocols and commands to talk to the box if I jumped through some hoops. I want to know if anyone has the spec sheets floating around that I could borrow or just some insight on the box itself. I was also considering using an ethernet interface instead of a serial port, so the same questions apply for the DX4020 and the D9133-TTL-e modules. Any insight on automation with Bosch systems is appreciated too.

thanks, Logan

Reply to
Logan
Loading thread data ...

I think the D9133DC is discontinued. I believe the part you need is a DX4010i RS-232 Serial Interface Module.

formatting link
?Country=us&CountryLanguage=en&ShowCat=ST_NA%2elobT2399697547There is a product that uses that module as well as the DX4020 (Ethernet Module). That product called RPS Lite.
formatting link
?Country=us&CountryLanguage=en&ShowCat=ST_NA%2elobT2399697547 Otherwise each vendor of automation product uses their own communication protocol to interface with the panel.

Reply to
Roland

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.