combo switchs

anybody use those combo window switch/glass breaks? what kind, pros - cons? TIA

Reply to
AlarmCoJoe
Loading thread data ...

Sentrol...can't remember the number...work fine.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

IntelliSense (Honeywell) makes a combination glass break and magnetic contact called an FG-1608. I've used them occasionally. They work but they're too sensitive. Unless the location is fairly quiet you may get false alarms. Here's a link (my website) for more information:

formatting link
Sentrol (now GE Security) makes a model with an integral PIR motion detector. The purpose of the motion detector isn't to replace a PIR in the space. Instead it inhibits alarms from the acoustic glass break sensor any time there's motion. The idea is to reduce occupant- generated false alarms. URL follows:

formatting link

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Robert L Bass provided:

us with simply more examples of the fact that you don't understand the meaning of the word "copyright".

Reply to
Frank Olson

ya think ge cares? as long as they're selling widgits, they're :))

Reply to
lrmcojo

Sentrol Shatterpoint I think were the ones I meant.

| Bass Home Electronics | 941-925-8650 | 4883 Fallcrest Circle | Sarasota · Florida · 34233 |

formatting link
| =============================>

| | | > Sentrol...can't remember the number...work fine. | >

| >

| >> anybody use those combo window | >> switch/glass breaks? what kind, pros - | >> cons? | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Oh yeah. You're right. Here's the spec on that unit:

"5600-W ShatterPoint glassbreak sensor, Form C relay, tamper switch, white"

"Sentrol's Residential ShatterPoint "Tru-Dual" Transducer Sensor provides superior false alarm immunity and perimeter protection for a single point of entry such as sliding glass doors, side-light windows, kitchen windows, or large picture windows up to 10..."

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.