Radionics 5700

Bzzzt!!! Wrong... "Alarm Shack" doesn't qualify as a "small distributor in Vancouver". But thanks for playing anyways!!

I recently changed out one of those... And it was fried too!! You'd have to go "next door" for "slaw". We only have pies. Boston Cream, Apple, Rhubarb, and Cherry.

Reply to
Frank Olson
Loading thread data ...

Since a dead lithium battery results in a datalock violation, the programmer cannot load a default program into the panel once the panel memory is cleared. I've always figured the datalock protection is part of the programmer's firmware, rather than the panel's. Meaning, the programmer won't cooperate if the datalock code it reads from the panel is different from those stored in the programmer.

How difficult would it be to create a black box that plugs into a panel, ignores the datalock code, and loads a default program into the panel, even if the panel's memory is blank? Might be an interesting product for an ex-Bosch-man to offer.

Reply to
Nomen Nescio

A dead lithium battery only results in a datalock violation if the panel is powered down without effective battery backup. The lithium battery will be drained vvvvveeeeeerrrrrrryyyyyyy slowly as long as there is always power applied to the panel.

The datalock is not on the firmware rev chip. That is only the instruction sets for the panel. Yes the datalock must pass the D5200 and various RAM/RPS tests.

How difficult would it be to create your posited "black box?" I don't know. I am not X. Boschengineer. That will have to be someone else's weekend project.

X.

Reply to
X. Boschman

I wonder (I really don't know) if the DMP charging circuit even operates under those circumstances. If you unplug the AC, does the panel operate, and is it reliable?

X.

Reply to
X. Boschman

It did send a low battery, and no, the circuit shuts down to protect the panel. So unplugging it I would assume would have shut it down. Radionic's panels don't particularly like that either, nor probably any other panel.

Jack

Reply to
Jackcsg

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.