Problems in Vista with WiFi and Ndis (ndisuio.sys)

Hello,

I need help for Vista OS.

I am updating a program to make connections to Wifi Networks so that it works in Vista. This program work with ndisuio.sys driver or any compatible driver based on NDISPROT sample protocol driver.

For this case I stop the Wlansvc as I was doing in XP with the wzcsvc. It work without problems and Vista let me control the WiFi device.

These drivers work fine in Vista and the devices I have probed work fine with them. I send these OID=B4s for make a connection: OID_802_11_INFRASTRUCTURE_MODE(0x0D010108) OID_802_11_AUTHENTICATION_MODE(0x0D010118) OID_802_11_ADD_KEY(0x0D01011D) (some times, if the mode needs it) OID_802_11_WEP_STATUS(0x0D01011B) OID_802_11_SSID(0x0D010102) OID_GEN_PORT_AUTHENTICATION_PARAMETERS(0x0001020F)

They work well and they are shown by the program ndismon(PCAUSA) also when the system connects.

The connection(association) with the AP is Ok and I send the neccesary security protocol (802.1X, WPA-PSK, WPA-PEAP) developed in my program and they work fine with the device and the AP.

THE PROBLEM: Up to here, everything seems to work fine but the problem is with the TCP/IP and the new interface added in the system Vista.

The new interface does not appear in the window "Network and Sharing Center" and the DHCP protocol does not work over it. The new interfce does not obtain IP address and it does not work although the association with the AP and the authorization and authentication with the WiFi device is Ok.

I think that more actions are necessary in order to wake up the interface in the system Vista although I have not been able to find information on the matter.

Any help about this issue would be very appreciated.

Sorry for my bad English.

Best regards, Frank

Reply to
Frank
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.