PR: Brinks Home Security files Civil Suit against Jim Rojas & www.tech-man.com

I've always thought that someone calling the hospital over having a 4-hour erection would be interesting to hear

Reply to
Mark Leuck
Loading thread data ...

Hi Jim,

In regards to the user manuals : In the domain of copyrights, abandonment is recognized as the explicit release of material by a copyright holder into the public domain. Publishing it on the internet for however short period of time can be considered such a release into the public domain. Once it is in the public domain you cannot retract it.

A number of websites offer the Brinks user manuals online.

Trade secrets - anyone may reverse engineer a product and thus discover (and copy and publish) all of its secrets, to the extent they are not protected by other laws

Found this interesting quote on:

formatting link
"BTW, the Brinks programmer is just an Arrowhead keypad that plugs into a header on the board - there's nothing really complicated about it. But, without the manual to go with it, it does you no good anyway. With the programmer and manual, the system is wide open to the installer - I've reprogrammed many Brinks 2000's and am currently monitoring several of them. For those of you guys out there (by that, I mean installers) that run across Brinks systems and just replace them, it may be worth looking into getting a programmer and manual (I had to get mine from a Brinks dealer.) If anyone's interested, I may be able to get my hands on

1 or 2 more."

Personally I believe the Brinks system looks remarkebly like a caddx keypad. The panic buttons are almost identical to a NX series keypad and the rest of the layout identical to a DL series keypad.

Arrowhead (USA) = Sentrol = Caddx = Moose = DAS = Scantronic (all GE owned)

Chubb used the Caddx DL series here in NZ exclusively but found that consumer legislation required them to disclose codes and that consumers had the right to demand an installer manual since they owned the alarm and an alarm is effectively useless without the ability to program it. The DL-100 was branded as the Chubb 1000 and DAS DL-100 in the manuals.The DL-300 as the Chubb 3000. (Probably due to a bit of Subtle pressure by the Ministry of Commerce they have abandoned "exclusive systems".)

The units were programmed using a "smart programmer". I have included a picture of the programmer that I own for the Chubb 3000 panel with comparison photos of the NX & brinks keypads. ( Brinks.jpg)

Of course the Brinks system is just a hybrid of other GE products and may even involve components sold elsewhere in the world under a different brand name. The system provides no specifically unique features that are not already available on other systems by other manufacturers. It is Patented for the ability to monopolize on the product. This is a deliberate breach of the anti trust laws and is considered Patent fraud.

Hence: WALKER, INC. v. FOOD MACHINERY, 382 U.S. 172 (1965)

ADT through one of its Authorised dealers (Protector systems) sold the ITI Simons panel in NZ as a "PROTECTOR ELITE". They now are replacing consumer owned installed locked out panels at their cost. (To avoid breaching the NZ Fair trading Act).

Hope this helps and good luck with your case. You may want to consider joining up with Brinks system owners and turning it into a serious multi million dollar anti trust case.

Reply to
Jim Rojas

I wonder how long the Brinks attorneys would have a client if there efforts to give Jim a hard time actually cost Brinks some real cash and Brinks pulled back a stump?

Reply to
Roland

recognized as the explicit release of material by a

however short period of time can be considered such a

In the USA that doesn't constitute abandonent. Documents and image files on the Internet retain their copyright protection despite being made available for public viewing and downloading.

header on the board - there's nothing really complicated

With the programmer and manual, the system is wide

monitoring several of them. For those of you guys

replace them, it may be worth looking into getting

interested, I may be able to get my hands on 1 or 2

If Brinks abandoned the system it belongs to whoever owns the building. The new owner can do whatever he wants with the system, including have it monitored by a competitor.

breach of the

This is interesting. My first thought was that Brinks' patent couldn't possibly be as weak as the infamous Food Machinery patent which involved an outright lie in the application. However, after reading the Brinks application, I think it could be knocked off by a decent attorney, especially one familiar with the alarm industry. Following is the claimed uniqueness of the Brinks keypad:

Reply to
Robert L Bass

That is BULLSHIT. YOU are the one that started this rumor - and Mark added to it with innuendo. You sick f*ck.

Reply to
"Fat Tony" D'Amico

No he didn't you moron

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I found out the truth today. It's not my place to say anything more.

Reply to
"Fat Tony" D'Amico

It never stopped you in the past

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Shame on you. I want to spread the truth, but I must not.

Reply to
"Fat Tony" D'Amico

MIKE IS DEAD!

Was that so hard? Apparently for you it was

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I heard that too!

Played a Blue October CD backwards and there it was! js

Reply to
Carl Carlson

why is it that the good omes go first.

Reply to
SamIam

It's also on the first song on the first side of the first album by King Crimson

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Sad.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Is this funny for you, surely it is not? I'm not amused. This is very sad.

Despite all of Mike's jibes towards me, he meant well, and I shall miss him. :-((

Reply to
"Fat Tony" D'Amico

Cough!!! He "meant well"?? He was in the same league as Bass, only cruder.

Reply to
Frank Olson

So what? We are talking about someone's life. If Bass goes before me I will be sad too. Usenet is but a game, it is not real life. Most things typed here can be taken with a grain of salt. I love every one of you posting here, because God said I should. I can take some poking, and give some out. But if someone's life is extinguished I will not speak ill of him, ever.

Mike, rest in peace bro.

Reply to
"Fat Tony" D'Amico

You mean "death".

Considering he's never going to come clean or ask for forgiveness, that makes me pretty sad too...

Heh... Seems "real" enough to me...

If you're including the lies, innuendo, and downright deceitful things Bass and Mike have both said and done, then we'll agree to disagree and leave it at that.

God said a lot of things. You can choose to live your life any which way you want. "Choice" is but one of His many special gifts to us.

Sorry, G. I think I get what you mean. Telling the truth isn't "speaking ill of him". FWIW, I've never wished ill on anyone here.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Mike meant well? Hello?

Reply to
Mark Leuck

To Mike it was real life and he took it there, he chose to spend the last 10 years of his life acting like a 3 year old and while it is indeed too bad he died I won't miss him

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.