PC5132-433 NA (Version 4.2)

Greetings-

I've successfully programmed the subject unit to handle 13 wireless window contacts and 3 wireless keys. I enrolled a zone for each of the contacts on my Power 832. Is there a way to enroll multiple contacts to a single physical zone? As you know, I'm limited to 32 on the Power 832 and I'd like to install 3 more contacts. The manual is not clear on "sharing" zones. In my case I have several banks of three windows, which could easily share a single zone each.

TIA, Claude

Reply to
Claude Rodriguez
Loading thread data ...

No there is no way for many transmitter to use the same zone...

BUT you can use a single transmitter with many wired contact,just wire from the transmitter to the 3 windows normal contact and your done... P.S. don't use at the same time the magnetic switch enclosed in the transmitter its wired in parallel of the input for the wired contact and would bypass the wired contact..

"Claude Rodriguez" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Reply to
petem

Petem...question. Have you had good luck doing this. I have been told that doing this creates an antenna that can pick up disturbance. Supposedly, the length of wire from the transmitter to the contact(s), has to be quite short....10 inches comes to mind if my memory serves me right

What is your experience with making the wire lengths longer than recommended ?

RHC

Reply to
R.H.Campbell

That was the original wireless sensors, later WLS925's can go quite a bit farther in distance

Reply to
Mark Leuck

i believe the instructions say 18 inches... and both the wireless transmitter and the external contact/motion/whatever must be in the same room (i have no idea why though)

either way... i've run many wireless transmitters to other devices with about a 5 to 10 foot distance between them without problems... usually to have the wireless transmitters in a higher place if they're placed fairly far away from the keypad (shops, garages, etc.), or to keep them out of harms way from careless people (warehouses mostly)

and to claude... would it be easier to replace some of the window contacts with a wireless motion instead? you may be able to take 13 contacts and take it down to just a few motions and a few contacts

Reply to
shady

I had one occasion where it did create an antenna,and was causing bad transmission,

I just played a bit with the wire length (actually adding a few inch's) and the problem was solved..

I did used up to 20 feet of wire (there was 4 large windows in a room,2 on a wall 2 on the adjacent wall,meeting in the corner.. it was easy to wired on the local level of the windows but no way to bring the wire to the panel..

this set up is still in use and work great I have 8 contact (all the windows have 2 pan)

I was really not sure at first but I gave it a try it was for one of my buddy that live close to me...

"R.H.Campbell" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@rogers.com...

Reply to
petem

Thanks for all your good feedback. Unfortunately I already drilled and placed the sensors so I'm stuck there. However, you made me think that I should check the hard-wired devices and see if I could double-up a few zones to free up the extra 3 wireless zones I need.

Of course, I could always upgrade to the 864 ... ;)

Best regards, Claude

Reply to
Claude Rodriguez

that would work as well... but there are four things to consider when doubling up zones...

- don't mix entry zones with instant perimeter or interior zones... you don't want someone breaking in and having that extra time... and you also don't want to have the chime enabled on a motion

- when wiring them together, they should be wired in series and only have one resistor in the loop... so you may have to go around and take a few resistors out... otherwise, the zones will just stay open

- if you ever have false alarms on a zone with more than one device, it can be very difficult to determine which device it is without separating them all back to individual zones again

- after you have everything finalized... make sure your monitoring company (assuming you're being monitored) knows what all the zones are and send in signals for everything

Reply to
shady

Thanks for the pointers, shady. All good advice --Claude

Reply to
Claude Rodriguez

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.