NRA

After the horrific massacre at Virginia Tech I wondered what the NRA might say about it. They make no mention of the tragedy on their list of news stories they deem to be of interest to members. Their website did provide the following:

"The Push"

"Today is one of the most important days of the year for gun owners. The start of the NRA Annual Meetings is both a celebration of freedom and a rally for the Second Amendment, but it's also a show of force by gun owners to the enemies of freedom everywhere."

This is followed by worrying about several efforts to curtail gun ownership. Each paragraph ends with the following refrain:

"...But when we gather in St. Louis, we show them we won't be pushed around."

Yesterday a young man named Cho Seung-hui exercised his 2nd Amendment rights and showed 32 people he won't be pushed around.

Reply to
Robert L Bass
Loading thread data ...

yea, too bad there was a law against carrying weapons on campus or a law abiding citizen could have taken him out before he had done so much damage. At least should let teachers pack. When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns!

Reply to
GROUP MODERATOR

Once again Quinns rule" Liberalism genrates the exact opposite of it stated intention "is proven once again. very nice to have weapons free zone when only law abiding citizens follow it.criminals do not care what law is passed they do not follow it. but the liberal reponse is we need more gun control when again criminals will aquire and use guns regardless of the rules and confication. which proves Quinns law 2# liberals stand on there heads and tell the rest of the world it is upside down. and also proves Dr,Mike Savages rule. "liberalisim is a mental disorder."

formatting link

What should have been taught at that school is carrying fire arms safely and teaching sefl defense so when this bastard went to reload students would rush them with there desk tops and take a pen or pencil and shove it thru his ear drum into the assholes brain killing him

Instead we teach everyone to run and hide like scared little rabbits or sheeple which I am not..

Reply to
Nick Markowitz Jr.

eggzactly. and the libs would hire a guard with a gun while taking ours away.

Reply to
GROUP MODERATOR

Well, we've seen radicalism cloaked as conservatism at the helm for six years.

The problem is it's so easy to get guns in this country that criminals have no trouble breaking the laws which forbid their use. To imply that the problem would exist in a vacuum, as though there would be just as much gun violence without ready access to guns, is misleading. The situation is as bad as it is precisely because anyone can go out and buy a gun without first verifying that he's legally entitled to posses it and/or that he is sane.

There are now so many firearms in circulation that no gun control except one so stringent that the gun lobby would certainly shoot it down can make a difference. We're stuck with guns everywhere and no way to get rid of them. Because of that we can be assured that there will be another Virginia Tech type massacre... and another... and another... until we elect a Congress with the stones to do something serious about it.

People have recently pointed to England trying to show how recent events there prove that gun control legislation does not thwart gun crime. But England's gun murder rate for the entire country is less than a typical week in NYC.

That's true. Furthermore, since there are already tens of thousands of irresponsible (though legal) gun owners all over the country, criminals have no problem buying guns second hand. And since most gun owners refuse to keep guns in a strong safe when they're not at home, guns are stolen every day and find their way into the hands of people who use them to rob and kill.

Whoa! I'm as liberal a person as you're going to find in this industry and I'm not calling for more gun control. What I want is to make sure that people who buy have the right and the sanity to own one. I also want to mandate safety measures like trigger locks when the owner is not in direct control of the gun. Other than that I could care less if you own a machine gun. As long as you keep it locked up when you're not using it feel free.

If you choose to exercise your 2nd Amendment rights, buy a firearm and you fail to secure it, with the result that someone dies, I want you to enjoy free room and board courtesy of the federal government for 10 or 20 years.

There has been word that there were acts of heroism but unfortunately, they were unsuccessful in bringing him down. As to desk tops, he was using a 9mm. I wonder if a 3/4" maple board would have done any good. Your thoughts?

That's easy to type on a keyboard. I've seen some pretty tough guys totally change their "attitude" when facing the business end of a large caliber handgun. Even cops don't rush a guy in that situation.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

A Bass alarm system could have prevented this?

Reply to
Charles Schuler

say about it. They make no mention of the tragedy on

website did provide the following:

start of the NRA Annual Meetings is both a celebration of

force by gun owners to the enemies of freedom everywhere."

ownership. Each paragraph ends with the following refrain:

rights and showed 32 people he won't be pushed around.

Gosh no you don't want to argue anymore

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Incorrect, not just anyone can go out and buy a gun namely felons, you should know this. And there is not a test in the world that will prove someone is sane

Today the mayor of Nagasaki Japan was shot and killed by the japanese mob, I wonder what their gun laws are

Statistics show what utter bullshit that is

Lol yea I imagine you have, somewhere around 1978 or 1979 if I recall

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Unfortunately I have been on the buisness end of a 9mm and a knife more than once in my line of work.in my early years as an unarmed guard. I went home the asshole who pulled the weapon was in the hospital or in jail after a visit to the hospital.

Some one pulls a weapon on me they better hit first because there never gonna get a second chance.

I not saying im some bad ass but i know how to defend my self when it comes down to me or them Im going home.

When i was a kid growing up in a tough blue collar niehborhood you learned how to kick ass or get kicked. thats not the way today its pull out a gun and shoot instead of putting up your dukes. the young adults today but not all are pussies when it comes to defending them selves.

I still work in all the tough niehbor hoods fixing alarms at dollar stores, check cashing and rental stores and slumlord apartments.etc. I take all the jobs most installers want nothing to do with. I take Fire photos in the ghetto areas you should see all the pictures i take with the gang bangers doing there gang symbol shit. I respect them they respect me.

Reply to
Nick Markowitz Jr.

Reply to
Nick Markowitz Jr.

Making such a tragedy into a political message is insensitive as well uncouth, especially when the period of mourning is so close at hand, and the time for healing has yet to begin. A similar event happened in Killeen, Texas in 1991 when George Hennard killed 23 people and wounded 20 before committing suicide. The response of the citizens was to vote to allow concealed handguns for nearly anyone who wished to have one, instead of proposing vigorous gun control. In either case, it suggests there was something that could be done by someone to prevent this horror, and implies a blame on someone other than the actual perpetrator. Whether pro gun ownership or pro gun control I feel it is too soon to dwell on those details. A disturbed individual can almost always find a way to act out his or her plan. There is no sane plan I know of to reliably detect and subdue the actions of the suicidally insane. And being in this industry especially we should all know that. If news reports are to be believed, this person signaled his angry and disturbed state in classroom writings, in a similar fashion to Charles Whitman with his own psychiatrist. Although in both cases action was taken, it was inadequate to face the magnitude of carnage ultimately inflicted. I am sorry Robert, I can not hear your shrill voice for in my mind it is drown by the awful low murmur of sorrowful grief, and covered in a pall of an anguish we all hope never to know.

Music by Elton John Lyrics by Bernie Taupin

"An extremely quiet child" they called you in your school report "He's always taken interest in the subjects that he's taught" So what was it that brought the squad car screaming up your drive To notify your parents of the manner in which you died

At St. Patrick's every Sunday, Father Fletcher heard your sins "Oh, he's unconcerned with competition he never cares to win" But blood stained a young hand that never held a gun And his parents never thought of him as their troubled son

"Now you'll never get to Heaven" Mama said Remember Mama said Ticking, ticking "Grow up straight and true blue Run along to bed" Hear it, hear it, ticking, ticking

They had you holed up in a downtown bar screaming for a priest Some gook said "His brain's just snapped" then someone called the police You'd knifed a Negro waiter who had tried to calm you down Oh you'd pulled a gun and told them all to lay still on the ground

Promising to hurt no one, providing they were still A young man tried to make a break, with tear-filled eyes you killed That gun butt felt so smooth and warm cradled in your palm Oh your childhood cried out in your head "they mean to do you harm"

"Don't ever ride on the devil's knee" Mama said Remember mama said Ticking, ticking "Pay your penance well, my child Fear where angels tread" Hear it, hear it, ticking, ticking

Within an hour the news had reached the media machine A male Caucasian with a gun had gone berserk in Queens The area had been sealed off, the kids sent home from school Fourteen people lying dead in a bar they called the Kicking Mule

Oh they pleaded to your sanity for the sake of those inside "Throw out your gun, walk out slow just keep your hands held high" But they pumped you full of rifle shells as you stepped out the door Oh you danced in death like a marionette on the vengeance of the law

"You've slept too long in silence" Mama said Remember Mama said Ticking, ticking "Crazy boy, you'll only wind up with strange notions in your head" Hear it, hear it, ticking, ticking

"Robert L Bass" wrote in message news:r4udnUF__-u3trjbnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Reply to
Roland

Its pretty hard to say what someone in the same circumstance would do but there is no law in the world that would prevent something like yesterday

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Sadly, nothing can prevent this.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Commies? :^)

Really? That's an interesting take on history. I don't recall in which election the Communist Party took over Congress and the executive branch. Help me out on this please.

I do recall which election was stolen by a would-be emperor. I'll give you a hint. One of my neighbors helped him out. We recently threw her and many of her cohorts out. We'll get rid of the rest during the next election.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

It wasn't a political message. It was me expressing disgust with the situation brought about by having so many guns and making them so easy to get.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

and showed 32 people he won't be pushed around.

You did that in 1979 and got your 2nd amendment right revoked.

Reply to
Apu Nahasapeemapetilon

I call it the Eloy Syndrome...remember the Time Machine?

| >

| > yea, too bad there was a law against carrying weapons on campus or a law | > abiding citizen could have taken him out before he had done so much | > damage. At least should let teachers pack. When guns are outlawed only | > outlaws will have guns! | >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

And that doesn't stop you from injecting the NRA into this

Reply to
Mark Leuck

And as usual no proof

That goes to show how much you know about your own state, Katherine Harris was part of a 4-person election committee consisting of 2 republicans and 2 democrats, she couldn't "help" anyone out.

Reply to
Mark Leuck

legal, illegal, just too many aliens. they can't handle diversity if it means they have to tolerate US

Reply to
Slim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.