Parts places

Parts houses tend to be regional. Some are better than others on credit terms, pricing, parts availability, return policy, warranty policy etc. Some are brick and mortar, some are more "on line" or stock your warehouse space. Out of the one below, which are the ones you like most and which are the last choice.

ADI

formatting link
formatting link
Systems Depot Tri Ed
formatting link
SES
formatting link

Reply to
Roland Moore
Loading thread data ...

Today (12/16/07)in the following order. I added my other regulars.

Tri Ed

formatting link
New Account - On a Trial Basis So far OK

Alarmax Shared with TriEd but slipping a little

• Electrical Distributor.

• Electrical Distributor

• Ebay

ADI

formatting link
Only when absolutely necessary.

Anixter

formatting link
Only because I had to.

Les

Reply to
ABLE_1

My picks, in no particular order-

ADI: Depends on who is working the counter. The store manager tries to f*ck me every time she does me a favor and waits on me. The other sales people are pretty good. They don't carry DSC, so I don't buy a lot of stuff there anyway.

Tri-Ed: I stopped using them over a year ago because of consistently poor service, and rude, incompetent sales people. A letter to their corporate headquarters went unanswered.

Alarmax: Good service, fast shipping, excellent prices. They'll get you anything you need if it's not in stock.

Tri-Supply: (Local electrical parts house) I like being able to walk through and pick out the parts I need. Always well stocked.

Amazon.com: Good source for LCD monitors, UPS's, KVM switches, routers and switches. Good prices, and free shipping on most orders over $25.

Buy.com: Same as Amazon.com.

Reply to
alarman

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm curious. Do you mean that literally or figuratively? We might be shopping at the same branch. I always try to avoid the manager where I go because whenever she waits on me, if I don't check my order before leaving, I almost always come up short on stuff I paid for. Then I have to go all the way back and argue with her to get my stuff. I never seem to have any problems with the regular counter people.

Now, if you mean that literally that she tries to f*ck you. If she ain't half bad, let me know if I can help. Us studs have to stick together. RW

Reply to
allucan8

Sounds like they know you.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Thanks a lot! Now I am going to have this horrible mental image the next time I walk into ADI. I'd rather be forced into doing someone like Hillary than even touching the woman that runs the local ADI branch here.

Reply to
Roland Moore

I use SES. I have used ADI in the past but I thought the prices they had were just a tad bit higher then SES. I also use DSC more then Ademco so that is why. I also think SES has better customer service.

M

Reply to
Matthew Stanley

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.