online DMP dealers?

It's obvious that you know your system. Perhaps if you post a working email address one of the DMP dealers reading your plight will offer to sell you the keypad.

Reply to
West Alarm
Loading thread data ...

Thanks -- you guys have all been real gentlemen and I really respect the service you provide. Unlike some of the other "pro" USENET newsgroups, you all seem to be genuinely interested in doing what is right even if some of you vary in your opinons of diy.

I also never hesitate to recommend the installer and monitoring company that we use. However, as I have mentioned several times, personally, I tend to need less hand holding than the average while getting pleasure from pushing the limits of my system myself.

I also try to "give back" to the installer and their techs. For example, I showed them how they could speed up their annual testing by using the ICOM interface to print out the event history rather than trying to read things sequentially from the keyboard or having to go back to the CO for the event log.

My next step is to install some environmental sensors (water, temperature) and potentially to "experiment" with the output capabilities of the XR200-485. Of course, I will be "careful" and know that I bear the risk of any accidental damage, etc...

Reply to
blueman

Hmmm... not really sure how I can cause damage to anyone else on the other end other than my own system. After all, I have a unique account ID and I also have my own unique remote security key so there shouldn't be any way for me to adversely affect anyone elses system. Also, to date the only false alarms I have generated (and there have been many of them :) are due to either my wife or me accidentally opening a door or window not remembering that they were alarmed.

OK - although I actually now know the Remote Link/ICOM system better than most if not all of the techs at my alarm company (and they are the premier company in my metro area). I have actually shown them how to do some things that they did not know how to do. I also uncovered a couple of security flaws in the system which I pointed out to them.

Reply to
blueman

blueman inspired greatness with:

This NG is not really DIY 'friendly', but exceptions are made for someone like you who knows the deal. There is a certain 'fish' that would like DIY'ers to think pros are not friendly because of greed or fear of losing some market share, that is not true. Most pros have issue with DIY'ers because they don't do homework and expect pros to answer questions in this NG, when the selling dealer should be providing support. When 'we' need support we go to the manufacturer or the wholesaler, something the DIY'er has no access to. A certain criminal in this NG relys on the professional for knowledge, yet denigrates him for getting a fair profit installing it.

I wish I could sell you the KP but I am not a DMP dealer. I know some in this NG (and they have replied to you), but it will be up to them to initiate contact.

Reply to
Western Alarm

Gotta be because the 16 zone expanders eat 4 addresses each...easy to tell; zones from 100-252 are LPX...if you have zones like 11-12-13-14 those are address one keypad buss, 21-22-23-24 those are address 2 keypad buss and so on until 84 then your done.

The zones on the keypad will definitely be keypad buss zones (duh).

If you're mostly on LPX you'll be ok for additional keypad(s).

If you want to email me your exact configuration spreadsheet I can tell you fer sure. em: robosama at gmail dot com

| > you have a 485 in a house? | >

| > ok only 4 keypads but what else...what other devices are using addresses or | > are you running expanders on the LPX bus?? | >

| > the 200 supports 8 device addresses so if you're using 4 for your kpds and | > you have say 4 x 714's or 1 x 16 zone zone expander then your | > finished...unless you know some tricks. | >

| >

| >

| > | > What panel? | > | > How many keypads now? | > | > How many and what device addresses are currently in use? | > | >

| > | > Depending on your answers, you may not even be able to add one. | > | | > | I have a DMP XR200-485 panel which can support up to 16 keypads though | > | I currently only have 4 installed. I know how to program the | > | keypads... | > | | > | Thanks | | I have 3 16-zone zone expanders plus each keypad of mine provides an | additional 4 zones. So technically I have: | 8 zones (XR200-485 panel) | 48 zones (3 expanders) | 16 zones (4 keypads) | ------------------------- | 72 zones | | Of those, I currently have 51 zones in use which give me 21 more | available. | | I believe that the keypads and the zone expanders are on the LX bus so | they don't use up a zone.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.