Occupancy and Security PIR - Suggestions?

I hope the result is benign Robert.

-GM

Reply to
Nelson Muntz
Loading thread data ...

No matter what it the news is, attitude is everything, you just can't let it whip you. I hope it turns out to be nothing.

Reply to
Roland Moore

Thanks. So far, so good. The last scan was negative and the most recent biopsy was also negative. The current one should be back next Monday or Tuesday.

As to attitude, the whole experience has been pretty incredible. From day one I decided to beat this thing. It hasn't been easy but it's a lot better than what some have endured. I'm fortunate to have a very supportive wife and family, not to mention the wherewithal to afford good care.

BTW, there was something of a minor miracle in the way we found the cancer. I won't bore you with the details but through a complex and unlikely series of events I discovered it literally just as the cancer was starting to get outside the lung. Had I not dealt with it right away it would have become inoperable within a very short time -- perhaps a month or less. I feel I have a lot to be thankful for though I admit there have been moments I didn't exactly feel thankful. :^)

Anyway, part of the revised life plan involves going places and doing things now that we used to say we'd do "some day" in the future. Next year besides our usual trips to Brazil we plan to see Paris, Rome, Venice and Sorrento. Later in the year we're planning a trip into the Amazon.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

So you like Italy or Italians or both?

Is that where those "Amazon Women" come from?

Reply to
Roland Moore

I've never been to Italy. My wife has been there several times though and so have many family members. One side of my family is Italian-Irish. The other side are Russian (well, actually Ukranian) Jews. I guess that pretty much obliterates any chances of making friends with Petem. :^)

Anyway, I've heard that Sorrento is a beautiful place and worth the visit. Rome and Venice everyone knows about.

I suspect that's a myth. Brazilians, especially the indians, tend to be shorter than most Americans. I want to visit the rain forrest while it's still there. The river itself is legendary -- something I've always waned to see. There's a place called the "meeting of the waters" where the Rios Negro and Solimoes come together. The Rio Negro is dark but transparent, hence the name. The Solimoes is muddy and coffee colored. The two rivers flow side by side for six miles without mixing because of the differening densities of the two. At least that's how it was explained to me. The scene is supposed to be incredible.

Then there's the forrest itself. By joining a side tour in a smaller boat (really a mototized canoe) you can venture into the deep forrest where the canopy completely obscures the sun, allowing a soft, green light to filter through. This is what gave it the nickname the "Emerald Forrest" (like in the movie).

Friends of mine travel into the Peruvian Amazon (same forrest, different country) each year, going several days up river in small boats to reach indigenous tribes who they are trying to assist. I may join them next year if my health permits.

BTW, here's a funny thing that happened last year. When my wife and I went to meet the thoracic surgeon we saw on the wall in his office a page from a recent issue of National Geographic. It was a full-page photo of a Baiana (woman in traditional dress) standing in front of a famous cathedral in Salvador, Brazil. We did a double take. We know this woman. She always stands there offering to have her photo taken with tourists who usually give her a real (Brazilian dollar) or two. I took a photo of her last year but accidentally deleted the file. Next fall when we go back I'm planning to get her to pose in the same spot. We'll print out a full-page image of her and give it to the doctor to hang next to the NG page. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Nelson Muntz Thou impatient abandoner of revels. Thou uneducated bat. Ye disagreed:

Oooooooh. "wetbacks"... "When Pedro's kids get sick"

Did you know that I'm black, Graham? Very, very black.

Reply to
Kadaitcha Man

Nelson Muntz Thou horse's arse. Thou qualling, grotesque silly-witted nit. Ye gnarled:

Ooooooooh. You don't like Mexicans and you don't like black people either, huh, Graham?

Did I tell you I'm as black as the ace of spades, Graham? Hmmmm?

Reply to
Kadaitcha Man

"Kadaitcha Man" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.alt.net:

How does Nellie feel about lesbians like me?

Reply to
Cujo DeSockpuppet

I like to watch.

Reply to
Nelson Muntz

You didn't have to tell me.

And I'm not Graham.

Reply to
Nelson Muntz

What's the best way to seal them?

Eric

Reply to
E. Hill

The bathroom and patio... Just going to use them for occupancy.

The other PIR's... Both for occupancy and security.

I'd rather err on the side of the security (preventing falses). If I can get pretty reliable occupancy from the same PIR's, that's just icing on the cake.

Eric

Reply to
E. Hill

Nelson Muntz Thou craver. Thou worthless, sloppy gull-catcher. Ye frothed:

Sure you are, Graham teh Kook.

news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com

news:462bdb9d$0$1373$ snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com

Reply to
Kadaitcha Man

and not hard to seal.

Silicone bathtub caulk works well. Put a small dab into the hole where the wire enters the detector from the back. Also seal around the edge of the lens.

After they've been installed and tested, draw a small bead of silicone around the perimeter where the cover meets the back. Don't use much or you'll never get it to open again.

One installer said he uses plumber's putty. He places a small amount on the edge of the back, then snaps the cover in place and wipes off the residue. I never tried it but I suppose it would work.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Thanks.

Eric

Reply to
E. Hill

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.