compatible PIR sensor

Hi,

I am wondering what PIR sensors are compatible with the Ademco Vist 15P system. I have one which is intellisense IS2535. I am looking into adding an another one and looking for other PIRs for comparison reasons. Can anyone tell me what PIRs are compatible with this security system?

Thanks.

Reply to
aerosmith
Loading thread data ...

all of them

Reply to
Don

That is nice. So the PIRs do not have any proprietary communication protocol? Just out of curiosity how do they communicate with the control unit? Any economical ones that you could recommend? It would be for indoors, small sized room and need not be pet immune.

Thanks

Reply to
aerosmith

They use simple dry contact,open the circuit and they create an alarm close the circuit and the panel see a clear zone...

Simple detector like the bravo series from DSC,or for better performance the paradox line of detector are pretty good.. but be careful with paradox,they have special type of detector that communicate digitally with there panel,just look at the spec,most of there PIR will come in 2 flavour,the normal,compatible with al panel,and the digital one that talk only to paradox panel..

there is also the C&K line but I don't like to use time in home....the look of those are not very pleasant,in fact the wife factor is very low on those PIR but the are not very prone to falsing...

Reply to
Petem

Reply to
Roland Moore

Reply to
Roland Moore

There's nothing wrong with the IS2535 IR's, you can check'em out here

formatting link
... I don't have any problems with them........ You can take a peek at Optex's goodies at
formatting link
Regards, Russ

Reply to
Russell Brill

Almost any hardwired PIR detector ever made is compatible.

As for wireless, your system would use Ademco '5800 series' wireless devices.

Reply to
Stanley Barthfarkle

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.