NX4

At Caddx NX4 can we double up the zones up to 8 or is a strictly 4 zones control panel? I never work with this panel before. Thanks in advance! Spyros - Thessaloniki - Greece

Reply to
Spyros Kintzonides
Loading thread data ...

Hello Spyros,

4 zones with tamper ( 3K3 ) and burglary ( 3K3) resistor , ( double end off line ) 8 zones with zone doubling resistor kit ( zone 1 to 4 have a serie resistor of 3K47 and zone 5 to 8 have a serie resistor of 6K98 ) But no 24H zone controle with the zone doubling ! There is a diagram in the box ( on the door )

Greets EJ

"Spyros Kintzonides" schreef in bericht news:1137918761.324704@athnrd02...

Reply to
EJ

you can double a NX 4 if you have added a module to it. Like an extra keypad, then you can double. any added module, [cell back up or operator, etc] then you can double. With just one keypad and no added modules, you can't double.

Reply to
Chub

Say what?

Reply to
Mark Leuck

OK What. really, you didn't know that? you really should get out more.;)

Reply to
Chub

?? Not on that way with the NX4 panels I use !!

Only with the NX-200, Zone Doubling Kit (Includes 3.74k and 6.98k resistors).

"Chub" schreef in bericht news:11NAf.7022$C% snipped-for-privacy@bignews2.bellsouth.net...

Reply to
EJ

must be different in europe than US. this is pasted from GE install manual NX4V2, [same for NX4] "Zone doubling can only be enabled when at least one other device is added to the basic system (consisting of the main control panel

and one keypad). Additional devices can include wireless receivers, extra keypads, etc. If enabled, this feature allows you to use the

four zones on the panel as eight normally closed zones. When this feature is used, European double E.O.L. configuration cannot be

used.. THIS FEATURE DOES NOT INCREASE THE TOTAL NUMBER OF AVAILABLE ZONES BEYOND 8. If one of the eight

zones must be a fire zone, it must be one of Zones 1 to 4. The corresponding upper zone will become unavailable. For example: if

Zone 4 is a fire zone, then Zone 8 will not be available. (Loc 37, pg 17)"

Zone Types (Configurations)

Reply to
Chub

This are some copy's from the manuel NX4V2 Euro , as You can reed : no extras are needed !

Zone Doubling

This feature allows you to use the four zones on the panel as eight normally closed zones. When this feature is used, European double E.O.L. configuration cannot be used. THIS FEATURE DOES NOT INCREASE THE TOTAL NUMBER OF AVAILABLE ZONES BEYOND 8. If one of the eight zones must be a fire zone, it must be one of Zones 1 to 4. The corresponding upper zone will become unavailable. For example: if Zone 4 is a fire zone, then Zone 8 will not be available. (See location 37, segment 5).

Location 37 segment 5 Location 2: On: enables Zone Doubling (requires NX-200 Zone Doubling Kit).

Greets

PS , Greece , its in Europe ; ^ )

"Chub" schreef in bericht news:uFRAf.4491$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews5.bellsouth.net...

Reply to
EJ

You can zone double the NX series regardless of what modules you have attached to it

Reply to
Mark Leuck

It would seem that the interpretation of the meaning of the descriptive aspects of the manual are a bit mis-leading. It would be my interpretation that when it says

When this feature is used, European double E.O.L. configuration cannot be used.

This means the use of the Double EOL config can't be used. Not that the Zone Doubling can't be used. Zone Doubling uses one(1) resistor EOL for each of the eight(8) zones of which the first four(4) zones use a 3.74k and the last four(4) use a 6.98k resistor.

A European Double EOL is quite a different thing.

I guess it is a matter of what side of the pond you would happen to be on.

Have a nice day.

Les

Reply to
ABLE_1

even NX4?

pasted from pdf from GE site manual: Zone doubling can only be enabled when at least one other device is added to the basic system (consisting of the main control panel

and one keypad). Additional devices can include wireless receivers, extra keypads, etc. If enabled, this feature allows you to use the

four zones on the panel as eight normally closed zones. When this feature is used, European double E.O.L. configuration cannot be

used.. THIS FEATURE DOES NOT INCREASE THE TOTAL NUMBER OF AVAILABLE ZONES BEYOND 8. If one of the eight

zones must be a fire zone, it must be one of Zones 1 to 4. The corresponding upper zone will become unavailable. For example: if

Zone 4 is a fire zone, then Zone 8 will not be available. (Loc 37, pg 17)

Zone Types (Configurations)

The NX-4V2 has 30 programmable Zone Types that determine how each zone will function and report.

better check into it you don't want a bunch of customers out there that are not being protected on the 2nd zoneset and not know it.

Reply to
Chub

Sounds like somethings different between the euro version and the US although I still doubt it

corresponding

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I must have missed something. Why double up on the NX4 zones when you can buy and NX8? Doubling zone asks for a lot of troubleshooting problems later. Remember "KISS?" Keep it simple stupid?

Reply to
holger

Perhaps : the salles prices in Europe. ( B ) !!

Recomended end user price : For NX 4 = 210,00 ? ( 250 $ ) For NX 8 = 380,00 ? ( 450 $ ) ( small box )

"holger" schreef in bericht news:HTfBf.25$ snipped-for-privacy@fe11.lga...

Reply to
EJ

I dont know why they prefer NX4, maybe its the price... I mostly work with FBII panels but accidentally i tried to programm and double up the zones at one NX4 previosly installed by another alarm co. I have the nx200 resistor kit but i cannot active the zones 5-8 on the address 37 location 5. I dont know why...

Spyros again ;)

Reply to
Spyros Kintzonides

gee, do ya think it might be because you don't have a 2nd module on the system as stated in install manual?

Reply to
Chub

I think you're right. If you install a second keypad i.e. and programm the addresses, then its ok! Thanks a lot! But.. if i disconect the second keypad after that, will it continue working?!?! I' ll try it!

Reply to
Spyros Kintzonides

no

Reply to
Chub

Thats easy why they choose the NX-4, its got far more options and supports the more advanced formats better than FBI

Reply to
Mark Leuck

did you sell them that second keypad they "needed" in the bedroom? ;)

Reply to
Chub

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.