Slave Dialers - New uses?

Am cleaning shop; dumpster on premises!

I sure hate throwing out stuff for which I paid good money.

I have a lot of used, but working, slave dialers, mostly Acron DD1 - DD3. Any good ideas for making use of these dialers for generating income, or which could be used for remote signalling, or testing (but testing for what?).

I may donate some of the items to the local Vocational school for use by the electrical students.

Before it goes to the dumpster or school, I've been sorting the stuff into separate very large boxes: audible devices (bells, speakers, etc.), smoke detectors, keypads, panels, siren drivers, power supply chargers, relays, etc.

Of all the items that I have removed from my customers premises (upgrades, faulty equipment) I find that smoke detectors lead the list by a very large margin.

Reply to
Charles Booth
Loading thread data ...

You mean for which your customers paid good money, don't you? :-)

eBay.

That's certainly a good idea.

The keypads, panels, siren drivers, power supplies, chargers and relays you send to Jim Rojas at

formatting link
He loves that sort of stuff. The smoke detectors (if they've been removed from a customer's premise and are over ten years old), you dispose of in "a safe and environmentally friendly way".

Which is why you get rid of them in the manner outlined above... :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

Pretty sure you can safely 86 the used smokes...I don't think anyone would want to risk using them...at least I'd not.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

You're right! Puts a different perspective on it. Now I don't feel so bad. -:)

Reply to
Charles Booth

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.