NX-6 issue

This info is for those that are and have been installing NX-6 Kits. I was informed today that there has been some issues with certain NX-6 Kits. It may be an issue with other kits but I was not made aware.

The issues are, cannot dial out, cannot remote connect, Telco line faults, etc.

As it was described to me since the Kits are packaged with a txfmr, during shipping the heavy txfmr is "bouncing" against the board near the Telco portion. It seems that there is a small on board txfmr in this area and is getting beat to death, thus the problem.

I was told that they (GE) are working on the problem.

I for one will not be ordering any kits any time soon.

BTW this was the first time in a very long time that the Tech Support guy did not say to me, "Never heard of that before". I was truly impressed!!!

Hope the time I spent on typing this has or will help someone.

Have a better day.

Les

Reply to
ABLE_1
Loading thread data ...

Thats not that bad. The easy solution is an over the counter board exchange on all affected batch of kits.

Thats one reason why I use to stock all kinds of spare parts when I was activively doing installations on a regular basis.

Shit happens. I once had a batch of batteries go up in flames due to the factory neglecting to place the plastic safety tips on. Something fell on the open box, created a short, which created a small toxic fire. Thank goodness it was a weekend, and fire extinguishers were a stones throw away. The factory rep shipped us a new case plus 4 more cases at no charge for all the trouble.

Jim Rojas

ABLE_1 wrote:

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Oh, so you don't stock all kinds of spare parts now? Riiiight. I heard about your garage.

Reply to
shotgun boogie
10 years ago when I had 10 full crews...yes I did.

I no longer do regular installations, or have any crews left. But now I have enough parts to do every home in Tampa 3 times over... :)

Jim Rojas

shotgun boogie wrote:

Reply to
Jim Rojas

I've used about 20 or so in the last year and have no problems. Where'd you get these from some drop shipper? ; )

Reply to
Slim

This one was date code 15707 which is (I think) the 157th day of 2007. When I swapped it out today I could easily see that the small yellow transformer on the board was popped off on one side. Really not a good thing.

It was my first this year to have this problem. And given the reason will be my last kit for a while. I really don't need the extra stress right now.

As for a "drop shipper". Don't all "shippers" perform the drop test on all packages???

Les

Reply to
ABLE_1

You should see the equipment they use to test packaging at Honeywell/Ademco, especially the infamous "shaker" machine

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Their packaging is good...I only wish they'd put the panels in the box right side up! I can't tellya how many times I've dropped stuff because the panels are all in upside down - you have to remember to open the box from the bottom.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I hear ya, I'll keep my eyes open on a few in stock, fer sher. Most kits are harder to get at ADI anyway.

Reply to
Slim

You forgot the drag test before the drop test. Thus drag and drop was invented.

Reply to
Just Looking

Reply to
Just Looking

huh?

Reply to
Slim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.