Klan or Coincidence?

I am certain nearly everyone does code changes for customers when requested. So you get a code change request from a long time customer with new management. The list has a lot of changes, a few additions but mostly deletions. When you complete the list you realize that after everything is done, all the remaining names seem to be from only one ethnic group. Coincidence? Maybe someone can't stand Cinco de Mayo or El 16 de Septiembre? It seems that bad things still can happen when all your next of kin is Mexican. I wonder if they'll refuse deliveries from UPS too since not only is the truck obviously brown, most drivers around here are as well.

Reply to
Just Looking
Loading thread data ...

There may be other issues. Is it a right to work state? It may be that they fired everybody who is friendly together after a major incident/theft/damage was discovered, and that they were the same race was coincidental. Then again maybe not.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I've been in business my whole life and seen all kinds of things. We fired one person because they wer elazy and wouldn't work. Just sat on their ass and did nothing. They claimed discrimination because they were indian. At teh time we had Irish, Mexican., and Indian staff members who all were willing to speak up on our behalf. It was dismissed. Another time I had a girl make a sexual harrassment complaint against me personally after I rebuffed her advances. Sadly the rebuff from me was public and her attorney told her to get lost after a pretty brief conversation with me. One of the saddest claims though that we dealt with was not an employee. A fellow threw produce on the floor so he could slip and fall on it in our grocery store. The xray tech and the doctor both said it looked like his arm was broken... several weeks ago because it had already started to heal. LOL.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

messagenews:4706a76c$0$26428$ snipped-for-privacy@free.teranews.com...

Yeah pretty much...

Reply to
Bob La Londe

No, we never got involved in law enforcment directly, but my dad was the contract holder for the local post office for many years. Well, I did once take a suspect into the city PD in a theft case when they weren't following up on the theft.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

RHC: You know that is one of the things I have never been able to understand about the US justice system. They elect law enforcement agents such as small town sheriffs etc. Law enforcement is a profession that requires significant training of all sorts, from how the law works, to how to handle deadly force responsibly.

I ask this in all sincerity....how can any elected official act as a valid law enforcement officer, and uphold the law. He could have been doing something else completely different yesterday, and today he is the sheriff responsible for law enforcement ??? I remember many times over the years coming up over a hill on my motorcycle and here is a local sheriff with his pickup truck, farmers overalls and radar gun.....

Could someone explain this to me please

RHC

Reply to
tourman

Certainly there are individual cases of absurd behavior that need to be dealt with by employers. It just seems odd that in this case it appears one group of people gets singled out. I don't know any more or less than what the appearance suggests. I don't think any one group of people should have any advantage or disadvantage in the workplace.

Reply to
Just Looking

really, I'll take smart, hardworking, attractive people over the opposite any day.

Reply to
Slob

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.