NVT would BT cable do?

(Crossposted to uk.electronic-secuity)

Hi All, I have a site that wants to transmit 5 video images over 500m, I have choosen the correct rated NVT equipment, but I'm confused on the UTP, is BT cable CW1128 OK to use, in the application notes it does not really say what to use, unless of course I just use Data cable x 2, the problem being that the cable is within a duct and rats might chew it, do they do an rugerdised or armoured version, and if so where in the UK?

What are the groups experiances

Regards

Ian

Reply to
Ian
Loading thread data ...

i would use Cat.6 cable ... that work well up to 1100 meters .. not sure what you want to send ... i quess you want to send live video feed from a dvr to a remote site ??

Reply to
cyclops

flexible metal conduit would protect it if you can find it where you are or...

I've also used direct burial gopher proof cable for stuff like this - sorry I don't know the official name for it...the telephone co. here uses it to bring their lines from the street to the house connection. It's has heavy plastic (?) jacket, then thin metal shielding, then it's jelly filled as well.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

is that stuff twisted?

Reply to
Chub

I would think it's a direct burial Cat 5 or it would be pointless for people to be installing cat 5 in their homes when in the street it wasn't! Yes, I believe it's direct burial gopher (rodent) proof cat 5 probably. It's abt

1/2" diameter.

I just finished my last roll or I'd go take a look and see what it's really called...sorry.

| > I've also used direct burial gopher proof cable for stuff like this - | > sorry | > I don't know the official name for it...the telephone co. here uses it to | > bring their lines from the street to the house connection. It's has heavy | > plastic (?) jacket, then thin metal shielding, then it's jelly filled as | > well. | >

| >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.