NTL cable broadband affects BT phoneline?

If they're coming in on two different lines, why not ?

Same answer - two different lines aren't going to affect each other.

Same answer. You could shop for a dual WAN router that would allow you to use both lines on the same home LAN - assuming you have broadband on both lines rather than phone on one and BB on the other.

Reply to
$Bill
Loading thread data ...

I currently have ADSL broadband on my BT phoneline, but i want to get

addictional broadband which is NTL cable broadband. Is it possible to

have both ADSL broadband and NTL cable broadband in the same house? If

i were to get NTL cable broadband would this affect my BT phoneline in

anyway? I heard if i were to get NTL broadband, my BT phoneline would

change, is this true?

Reply to
Tyson

.... or you can use two ordinary single WAN routers. In that case the routers would each need a different LAN network address. I have DSL and cable on my network with this very setup.

Reply to
Dennis Reinhardt

Why would anything coming in on a TV cable, affect something coming in via phone line? They're two entirely different systems.

Reply to
James Knott

Could u explain it more simplar becuz i aint very gud at them stuffs! Also how do they install the NTL cable modem on the day of installation, will there be any drilling on concrete involve?

Reply to
Tyson

Ok so on the day of installation do they look for the TV cable and do

sumthing to it in order to connect my NTL cable broadband?

Reply to
Tyson

Ain't Ubonics wonderful?

Reply to
murph1012

Your need a hub or switch. Some routers have built-in switches and that may suffice.

Connect all computers and LAN side of routers to the hub or switch. Each router is assigned a different LAN side IP address.

In Windows (what I know, different instructions may hold for different OS), set the gateway address to one of the router IP addresses. That computer will use the router and what it is connected to. Another computer may be set to a different gateway address.

Suppose the connection on one of the services goes out or becomes less usable? Switch the gateway address inside the computer software and you are now going out on a different connection. Perhaps there is a way for two gateway addresses to be entered and let the operating system choose or split the load. I don't know and haven't tried.

Reply to
Dennis Reinhardt

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.