Power 632 and Motion

I have beating my head againts the wall trying to figure this out. I have a Power632 and a DSC Pet Immune PIR hooked up to Zone 2.

I have zone 2 set to zone type [04] which is said to be an interior in the manual. When I put a ohm meter up to the common and zone 2 pins on the alarm witht he motion hooked u I get .00 with the meter set to 200 ohms and then when someone walks in front of it the ohm meter spikes. This tells me the motion sensor is working correctly as a closed circuit. The problem is that the alarm panel says that zone 2 is open all the time, no mater if the motion sensor is on or off. If I short out zone 2 with the commom with a resistor it shows on the panel that the zone is closed.

What am I missing here?

Thanks!

Reply to
Bob Smith
Loading thread data ...

Power632 and a DSC Pet Immune PIR hooked up to Zone 2.

manual. When I put a ohm meter up to the common and

to 200 ohms and then when someone walks in front of

as a closed circuit. The problem is that the alarm

on or off. If I short out zone 2 with the commom

Place an End Of Line (EOL) resistor in series with the zone wiring inside the motion detector.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

You'll not get an accurate resistance reading measuring it with the motion relay wires connected to the panel..remove them and read it from the wires.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

That's true, but the reading he did get is indicative of a short, followed by voltage. Since the detector is apparently working (normally shorted and then open circuit on alarm) and the circuit constantly shows violated, I think we can safely conclude he's missing an EOL resistor.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Are you yanking our chain? You know about zone attributes but forgot that to enable normally closed loops (meaning it works without a resistor) you have to go to programming section [013] and option [1] must be ON. Yes it is right there in the DSC instructions on page 7, no kidding.

That's what you're missing. Either put the reisitor in series or program it so it doesn't use resistors. This might mean that since the other zones are not faulted currently that if you turm option 1 on section 13, ALL the remaining zones (if not wireless) will show up faulted if you don't find and remove the resistors on their loops.

Reply to
Roland Moore

Reply to
Matthew Root

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.