Need A Brinks Manual?

Are you by any chance referring to the fee Jim charges for access to his website? Last time I looked that fee appeared pretty reasonable considering the resources it makes available. Jim's not a "public library", Bass. He has to be able to recover some of his costs.

Stealing IP is not "theft". It's a civil torte minus the mint frosting. Jim stole nothing belonging to Brinks and you know it. What has Jim done to you to merit these bogus accusations?

A felony would be something like you waving a gun around. A civil torte would be something like you plagiarizing the Sentrol Application Handbook or making the DSC downloading software available on your website. You've done all three (and more).

Reply to
Frank Olson
Loading thread data ...

Bass knows how to do it as well. He's an expert. He's pulling your chain and you're going for it.

It's not "extortion", Graham. It's a nuisance suit. Brinks has all the bucks and the power. Some petty VP in sales trying to cover his sorry ass because of poor account retention found Jim's website and cried "foul" when he saw he was making the DTI and Scantronic programmers available for rent. There is no way for Brinks to be able to substantiate a loss of revenue to Jim's website (or tortuous interference with the PSA). In order to do that, Jim would have to provide information about whose equipment the programmer was used on. Since Jim only rents the programmers to security dealers that's going to be extremely difficult to do. Now, if one of those dealers happened to be a former Brinks employee, then they'd have a case against the employee and not Jim.

It's the same "reasoning" he uses to say that I'm a "counter clerk". He's a moron.

Reply to
Frank Olson

I'm not so sure.

It's more than just a little "nuisance" to Jim I'm sure. It's corporate bullying at it's worst. I'm not surprised though, they treat their employees like shit too.

Absolutely.

Reply to
G. Morgan

When did you start to think?

Brinks is enforcing their IP rights. Jim had a good chance of winning the lawsuit if he took any of the good advice he received from numerous people but he opted to do things a different way. In the process he handed Brinks a default judgement. I don't like what Brinks is doing to him but it's his own fault that they're succeeding.

I have too. He removed the offending material. However, he continued to violate the court orders regarding their other property. That and his failure to appear when summoned got him in deeper and deeper. Now it's only a matter of time before they wipe the floor with him. That's truly sad. Things like that should happen to vermin like you, not Jim Rojas.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I know about remailers, logs, etc. You don't know it but there are ways to track back, even across foreign borders. And yes, I know what "Nomen Nescio" means.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I know so. Literally there is not enough information, even at the intermediate stages to identify the originators. Otherwise they would have been shutdown years ago in larger cases by larger companies than Brinks.

You need to scale your thinking

Reply to
Steve

Fuck you..

That's true.

I'll have to look at an older version before all this happened to verify that, I've got one on another drive somewhere.

Did I say "Fuck You" yet? Oh, Fuck You. Guess what else is on that drive Bassey? It's your FAQ files that you seem to have misplaced. You left your /images directory browsable on your old site, I have the .zipped Robohelp compilation and the HTML too. Wanna buy them?

Reply to
G. Morgan

Your technical expertise includes TOR and Mixmasters? How about an overview of how this could be done.

Reply to
Steve

I'd like to see that too.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Unfortunately he doesn't have much to measure against, so "scaling his thinking" is next to impossible.

Reply to
Frank Olson

They wouldn't be worth much. You can download a good deal of those pages from the archives. Besides, a lot of the material was gleaned from USENET posts. There's a good deal of plagiarized material there. It would require a lot of effort to "rework", and you'd have to track down the original sources to get permission for use. I suppose it could be done.

__ Frank Olson

formatting link
"It only implies that I don't sit back and let you post more false accusations without responding." - Robert L. Bass

Reply to
Frank Olson

You'd never go back to chickens and sheep.

They weren't misplaced. I gave those pages to Jim Rojas years ago.

That was deliberate. Several friends and I shared FAQ pages, images, etc. I haven't worked on the FAQ since August, 2004, when I took the servers down during a hurricane. Every now and then I think about bringing it back online but there'd be a lot to do and I'm way too busy handling orders now.

No thanks. I'm pretty sure I have the source files used to build the Help system on one of several PC's we took out of service since then.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Frank Olson wrote: Bass knows how to do it as well. He's an expert. He's pulling your chain and you're going for it.

Haaaaahahahaha. That's rich, coming from you.

Reply to
alarman

A fish pun? Hahahaha!

Reply to
alarman

What's that supposed to mean???

Reply to
Frank Olson

You still haven't figured out what that nose ring is there for eh?

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Moooooo.

Reply to
alarman

Except for their keypads.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

Reply to
Roland Moore

ROFL!!!

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.