Napco XP400 Eprom

Does anyone knows the eprom ic addresses at Napco XP 400? I've read the eprom IC on my eprom reader but i don't know where i can locate (in which address) the dealer code... Anybody's help?!... Thanks in advance... Spyros

Reply to
proguard
Loading thread data ...

Use a different board that you know what the installer code is. That will help you locate the installer code.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

I don't have the EEPROM map of that IC but if you're trying to hack your way through it, note that Napco uses "littel endian" (swapped LS for MS nibbles).

If you don't find anyone to help you here, contact me and I'll try to get you a replacement chip.

Regards, Robert L Bass Bass BurglarAlarms

formatting link

Reply to
robertlbass

a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...

The best way to find such info is simple

first read a defaulted eeprom,then change the dealer code in the defaulted eeprom,look for change by comparing the now modified eeprom and the defaulted eeprom..

the change will be where the dealer code are stored..(plus maybe a check sum)..

then its simply a matter of understanding how the info is stored in the eeprom..(reverse bit,octal,hex.decimal,what ever...)

Reply to
Petem

=CE=9F/=CE=97 Petem =CE=AD=CE=B3=CF=81=CE=B1=CF=88=CE=B5:

Yap.... You're right. That is what i had in my mind but i ask if someone always knew it cause i don't work with napco so much so i have to buy a new one to do that. But i'll do it cause i need to know this installers code. You know, i have to reprogramme a lot of his panels to my arc and he didn't give to his clients his installer code. To replace them with new one is difficult because of luck of time... It would be more easy for him,cause now he made me ungry! :)) Thanks guys for the tips!

Reply to
proguard

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.