NAPCO DS3200 EPROM

Hello-

I have a DS3200 that went south last night. Has anyone seen the following- It appears the EPROM has failed. I replaced the existing one with a home automation one that I had from another project and the alarm was able to poll the zone expanders once again. I tried this serveral times, moving the chips back and forth and it appears the issue is directly related to the chip. Now my question, is why? We just had an New Central AC system put in where the 220 40amp cable ran right over the box. Could this have messed up the eprom?

Now how can I get a new eprom reprogramed with version 306 software? Finally, I have the PCI-MINI but I can't locate a cable. What can I use in replacement?

Reply to
us1
Loading thread data ...

If you are reasonably certain that the problem is related to the EPROM, you can order a new one from Napco.

Having electrical cables close to the panel should not be a problem.

Sometimes s()*& just happens.

Make sure your panel is grounded. It is designed to dump excess voltage to ground. Excess voltage that could damage your panel.

Regards,

J us1 wrote:

Reply to
jewellfish

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.