Shutdown problem only when Cable modem connected.

Device Manager, select the NIC properties, there is a setting to allow the system to shut down the NIC to save power - power save mode - smart power management, etc. This *might* be the setting, although most seem to shut down just fine with this disabled.

Q
Reply to
Quaoar
Loading thread data ...

I have a Webster 4000 cable modem connected to my NIC card (Netgear FA411) and am using WinME, my problem is when I try to shutdown my PC, all the windows close as normal but hangs at the last sec with a blank screen. However if my Cable modem is disconnected from the NIC then it shuts down perfectly....any ideas ??

PS: I remember having this problem some time ago when using another pc (using WinME) with a Motorola surfboard SB4100 modem and remember tinkering around with the network settings & it shut down perfectly but not sure exactly which adjustments I made as its some time ago.

Can anyone advise ??

JJ

Reply to
John "O"

Shutdown problems in Windows 95, Windows 98, and Windows Millennium Edition

formatting link

How to Troubleshoot Windows Me Shutdown Problems

formatting link

Reply to
Me

Thank you, thats a good link and will try those options.

JJ

Reply to
John "O"

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.